¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

I mean, it's completely different from waiting five years for a new Green Day record, and having things like Pinhead Gunpowder and the Foxies in between.

Of course I've listened to ¡Uno! many times, but more like "Awesome new songs, love it" instead of "OMG new album I need to memorize the lyrics and everything". I'm sure that time will come soon :sherlock:

I barely remember any of the songs on Uno, and know a little bit of the lyrics, you know how much of a devoted fan I must be.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I still haven't been able to find the book version of Uno anywhere. Record stores, best buy, FYE. Nobody around here has it. can somebody get me a link to purchase it? Anyway, today at the record store I settled for Uno on vinyl. after being rung up, the guy told me to hold on a second. He came back with all of green day's cds (except shenanigans, the live albums and Uno) and a mat picture of the Uno cover, and six stickers. I asked him what happened and he said I bought a copy of Uno that was part of a drawing and I had won. I'm definitely keeping American Idiot as all four of my copies have been played until they stopped playing, and the 1039/Slappy Hour is in new packaging. So I have to check that ono out too. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts on the album.

Nuclear Family - Great opener for Uno and the trilogy. One of my favorites on the album.

Stay The Night - Another great song. Another one of my favorites.

Carpe Diem - One of those 21st Century Breakdown style power pop songs. Cool song, although not as good as the others so far.

Let Yourself Go - Best song off Uno and probably off the trilogy. I was looking forward to this one so much and I wasn't disappointed.

Do you guys think Uno! is flopping? Worldwide, it has sold approximately 600k copies in six weeks. 21stCB sold approximately 1.5 million copies in its first six weeks, back in 2009.

Do you guys think Uno! is flopping? Worldwide, it has sold approximately 600k copies in six weeks. 21stCB sold approximately 1.5 million copies in its first six weeks, back in 2009.

I don't really know. Many countries are in a deep crisis now and some people could have chosen not to buy all three albums.

You just proved that Uno is flopping. :P

I think it's doing well, considering the music climate and the fact that they're releasing 3 albums in a row. 21stCB was released in a completely different music climate than Uno has been. Things have changed a lot. In 3 years, numerous music stores, department stores that carry CD's. and Bookstores have closed around the world. Keep in mind that as of 2012 pirating is also at an all time high. A majority of people simply don't buy music anymore and prefer to download it, and the world is in a financial struggle right now, a lot of people don't have the income to buy $10-15 CD's anymore.

Ahh I love this album :wub:. Trying to listen to it as much as possible today before Dos obsession takes over tomorrow!

I think it's doing well, considering the music climate and the fact that they're releasing 3 albums in a row. 21stCB was released in a completely different music climate than Uno has been. Things have changed a lot. In 3 years, numerous music stores, department stores that carry CD's. and Bookstores have closed around the world. Keep in mind that as of 2012 pirating is also at an all time high. A majority of people simply don't buy music anymore and prefer to download it, and the world is in a financial struggle right now, a lot of people don't have the income to buy $10-15 CD's anymore.

And less here since they are 20-25€

You have to also think, if people just like one song and they're not really exposed to the whole album or band, it's a lot easier to just buy a song or two off of iTunes and save money, or, like you said, just download it offline or borrow it from someone who has it. I know I can get a lot of CDs from the library too and put them on my computer and then return them. People find ways to get music as cheaply as possible and I can't blame them. Sucks when you judge a record's success off of sales though.

You have to also think, if people just like one song and they're not really exposed to the whole album or band, it's a lot easier to just buy a song or two off of iTunes and save money, or, like you said, just download it offline or borrow it from someone who has it. I know I can get a lot of CDs from the library too and put them on my computer and then return them. People find ways to get music as cheaply as possible and I can't blame them. Sucks when you judge a record's success off of sales though.

I know that exactly. It can be tough to support artists, but it's for the better. If a band makes music that I like, I try to pay for it, because I want them to keep making that great music.

I've written a review of Uno here. Tomorrow I will be posting a review of Dos and then a review of a classic Green Day album every day for the rest of the week.

UNO is definitely up their with my favorite Green Day albums, possibly not number 1 but definitely top 4!

Song scores

Nuclear Family - 10/10 - Best song on the trilogy yet!!! And its very high in my top Green Day songs!

Stay The Night - 9/10 Brilliant song very catchy, i can think of a few things i'd liked to have been done differently to make it a 10 but still fucking awesome!

Carpe Diem - 8/10 When i heard it in a video for a from a live show a while ago i love it and thought it was brilliant, and i think live it will/is a going to be a great song, but compared to the 2 opening tracks its not quiet that standard, but still a brilliant song!

Let Yourself Go - 8.5/10 again a brilliant song and again i think live amazing, but im not sure i can say that i think its as good as stay the night so it can't be a nine and i think its a little better then Carpe Diem, i like that its fast paced and punchy earning it .5 more

Kill The DJ - 8.5/10 When i 1st heard it i really didn't like the song at all and the video is rubbish, but the song grew on me a lot and well i really like it now the video still sucks but the song its self is good, very different from previous Green Day songs!

Fell For You - 9/10 I love it very pop rock sounding i think its got a sweet kind of innocent vibe to it, to make it a 10 it just needed something a little different to happen at some point in it, its seems a little repetitive.

Loss Of Control - 9/10 I don't know what to say about the song but i love it!!!! Its gotta pretty awesome Rock N Roll vibe going on i think.

Troublemaker - 9/10 again i love it, i kinda feel it pairs up well with loss of control they have a similar Rock N Roll vibe i feel and well i think they both Rock!

Angel Blue - 8/10 I wanna fall in love with this song and i have no idea why i can't, i just think its overshadowed by a lot of other songs on the album because well this album to me is fucking awesome.

Sweet 16 - 8/10 again i think its overshadowed by a lot of other songs, but i think its a sweet song and it's defiantly a good song, some people have mentioned that they'd like to see Billie do an acoustic solo encore with this and i agree i think that'd be awesome.

Rusty James - 9/10 I've kinda been relating to this song a lot recently and i just love it! I like the lyrics and i like the solo it may not technically be great but i think it fits perfectly and it's just an awesome song overall.

Oh Love - 8/10 I wouldn't have had it as a single (and definitely not the lead single) but i do like it, i think the video actually is good despite all the criticism it has received, as a song i think its good, its got a chilled back stage rock vibe which i think is awesome, but i kinda hope they don't ended up playing it at every show on the tour (although i think they will) there are other songs which I'd like to hear live instead!

anyways a small summary of the album, i think its a great album and i love it! :)

Anyone else having problems with the album art from itunes for Uno!. Its been bugging me for a while, and Dos! has worked fine eventually (although it was from the deluxe box set download). I had pre-ordered Uno! from itunes, as I did not think the free download from Warner would include the videos (which it actually did), anyway, when you go into the iphone/ music/ albums, it seems to be picking the artwork from the "Oh Love" video, not the actual album artwork, and its really annoying. When you click on the album, the correct artwork shows, just not in your list of albums, so its really hard to see, as you are looking for a bright green cover and its not that at all. ps I'm sure it was right when it initially downloaded, it was after my phone upgraded to IOS6 and I resynched it with itunes that it went "funny", but I'm not 100%. I have deleted it and re synched it, but nothing changes. Just thought I would see if this has happened to anyone else - re UK itunes.

Yeah, I agree with you entirely. I was just really curious to hear what some of you had to say about that.

I only listened to ¡UNO! last night for the first time! (It only got to the stores here about a week ago, and I live little in the middle of nowhere, except that it is basically around the corner from my Uni's campus), so I had to wait until the weekend to get it. I've only listened to it about three times since, and the album is deffinitely a grower, at least for me. The first time I listened to it it was good, but by the fourth time is definitely awesome.

I have to listen to it more carefully and properly once I'm done with all my homewrok (if ever I am), to be able to formulate my full opinion on the album, and each song in it.

I feel I'm jumping in on the discussion about the album so late :( Tomorrow everyone will be discussing ¡DOS! when I'll only be starting to appreciate UNO. Sigh...

For those who are interested in sales.

57 ¡Uno! - Green Day - 6.955 -24% 9.158 - 213.021 (US - Billboard 200)

The three records will hardly reach the amount of copies 21st Century Breakdown sold.

Now we have dos and uno has had plenty of time to sink in, it got me thinking about how solid an album uno really is. Nuclear family, Stay the night, Let Yourself Go, Angel Blue are all great additions to the Green Day catalog, infact all the songs are great in my opinion. I really cant make up my mind which is better Uno or Dos, Uno is the pop punk album ive been wanting from them for years and Dos is something else entirely. Plus then we get Tre. Overall its a great time to be a Green Day fan.

I know this is old but is the picture of the person on the back Billie? Whoever it is they look kind of creepy....

I know this is old but is the picture of the person on the back Billie? Whoever it is they look kind of creepy....

It is but it's not credited as him in the liner notes. Adie took that pic of him on instagram I believe.

It is but it's not credited as him in the liner notes. Adie took that pic of him on instagram I believe.

Thank you for clearing that up! I thought it was him but when I saw the chick on the back Dos I was like that's not Mike...so maybe it wasn't Billie :P

Archived