¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

Not listening to the leak at all, because I can stand to wait another week for the real release.

Also for some reason, this situation reminds me of when the demo of 21st Century Breakdown was released and all hell broke loose. Not in a good way.

your strength is an inspiration.

Oh love sounded awesome at the end, seriously, I've warmed up to it.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not listening to the leak at all, because I can stand to wait another week for the real release.

Also for some reason, this situation reminds me of when the demo of 21st Century Breakdown was released and all hell broke loose. Not in a good way.

I applaud you for your strength, my friend.

I'm on Sweet 16 :P

I applaud you for your strength, my friend.

Clap, man, clap.

I think out of all of the songs on the album, Sweet 16 and Troublemaker are the ones that stood out for me. Really nicely done. Oh Love definitely sounded so much better as part of the album - in fact, I think the order of those songs works really well.

Well, a little review for those who have/haven't listened to the album:

1. Nuclear Family (4/5) - Green Day's return to "original" form, sounds a like it could come from Dookie, Insomniac or Nimrod, it would fit those albums really good! One of the best songs in a long time by them.

2. Stay the Night (4.5/5) - Sounds straight out of Warning, which, to me, it's amazing. It still sounds fresh, it has a touch of "new" Green Day. A lot of melody, the chorus is amazing! Loved the lyrics.

3. Carpe Diem (4.5/5) - Another song straight out of Waring, with a little touch of Nimrod and another of Foxboro Hot Tubs. Again, the chorus is simply amazing, very melodic, and the lyrics, although sounding simple, seem to say a lot. Transitions very well to Let Yourself Go.

4. Let Yourself Go (4/5) - Very similar to Nuclear Family in structure, but sounding a lot more immature and Dookiesque. That little line on the left speaker before one of the chorus is hilarious.

5. Kill the DJ (4/5) - Sounds like The Clash, and that is not a bad thing! It has such strong lyrics against today's music that it must had taken a lot of balls to release it as a single. I feel like dancing when listening to it.

6. Feel for You (3/5) - I will start by saying that the intro sounds a lot like one particular song on "Stop Drop and Roll!!!". Another song simply out of Warning, but this one sounds like it was really made at that time. Maybe it will grow on me, but still, one of the worst from the album. Not that it is a bad song!

7. Loss of Control (4/5) - Hello again, Dookie! A lot of swearing and anger, the only downside of the song is the Chorus. Sounds like the average Green Day pop punk type of song, only with a little twist of awesomeness!

8. Troublemaker (3.5/5) - Foxboro Hot Tubs strikes again. A good song, but sounds tiring, like I have listened to it 10000 times before. Doesn't sound fresh at all, but still an enjoyable song.

9. Angel Blue (3.5/5) - Sounds fresh, sounds good, straight from the garage. The vocal rhythm is awesome, but unfortunately it doesn't stick to your head like it's supposed to. May still be a grower.

10. Sweet 16 (4.5/5) - Short and sweet song, love the lyrics and the way they are sung. Still sounding very fresh!

11. Rusty James (4/5) - A straight forward power pop song, i'm in love with the "whoaaaaa" on the chorus. Not as fresh as the two tracks that precessed it!

12. Oh Love (4/5) - The first single, i think it fits the overall theme of the album. Sounds very good, it's not a typical Green Day ballad, and not being able to fit it on any particular album showcases their ability to still being able to create fresh songs.

Final Thoughts - iUno! is a very strong album, it's like a greatest hits work with only new songs, all their styles (almost) is represented. My final score will, for now, be a 4/5. Starts very strong, but by the end the songs seem to lose a lot of momentum, at least until Sweet 16 kicks in, the song is amazing. The most prominent "sound" comes from Warning, followed by a Foxboro. Very pleasant album to listen to!

Maybe I've just got sanity.

"Loss of Control" is definitively "Crushing Bastards"

Fuck_Yea_in_HD_by_CrusierPL_RE_Sharenator_is_Growing-s900x773-120811.png

I prediced it a bit of days ago.

Listening once more. Stay the night should be a single, and why it isn't is a question I will ponder to the end of my days.

Ok listened to full ¡Uno! and this happened:

First of all I listened to it in full with my earphones. I was seriously dissappointed on it, I had hoped much more. But now I'm listening to it on my speakers with no earphones and those things must really suck, because now I like the songs a lot more. The effects and all sounded much better without my earphones :lol: I'm pretty happy that I'm not dissappointed anymore!

So from ¡Uno! my favorites now are Carpe Diem, LYG, Fell For You, Sweet 16 and Rusty James.

Listening once more. Stay the night should be a single, and why it isn't is a question I will ponder to the end of my days.

Yes STN is so awesome man, I listened to it 3 times before moving on!

Maybe I've just got sanity.

The songs will be posted everywhere from now on in a week, how will you NOT listen? :P

Finally my FUCKING SLOW DOWNLOAD finished! Going to listen to it now! :banana:

Mine too! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Archived