¡UNO! Album

Sanity Loan

Kill the DJ is the shit both from the first listen's straight-up literal "someone kill this asshole" to the hundredth listen's "fuck the media" figurative feel.

I love all of the 'experimental' sounds on the Trilogy. Nightlife, Lady Cobra, Wow! That's Loud, Kill the DJ. I've been saying for years (in a choir among fans and non-) that every Green Day song sounds the same. And I do love that one song...

But the Trilogy gives the people what they want: classic Green Day songs like Oh Love or tricky tries we've been looking for like Kill the DJ.

Everybody wins.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I keep getting caught up in Carpe Diem which used to be one of my least favorites! It's a total rocker! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this has been covered already but I was paging through the Uno tab book at the music store a couple weeks ago and noticed that Loss of Control was partly credited to The Pretenders. Whats up with that?

Guys, I just realized that the concept behind Oh Love is basically "yolo"

Carry on.

Guest Trotsky

Guys, I just realized that the concept behind Oh Love is basically "yolo"

Carry on.

Since Oh Love is the closing track of Uno is the connecting link between the desire for living (Uno) and the night full of sex, alcohol and danger (Dos).So the person of the "story" reaches himself to extremes like there's no tomorrow.Oh Love is important song for connecting Uno and Dos.

Some words from kill the dj are food for thought

"the holiest of holes"

so profound and moving.

"the holiest of holes"

so profound and moving.

Actually, that is a pretty good line. I don't think you got what it meant.

"Your thoughts are so unholy

In the holiest of holes

Onward Christian soldiers

Filled with jive and mind control"

Unholy thoughts, in a holy place. The place that is holy is being described as a hole. It's a pretty well written lyric.

no, I get what it means.

It's just really funny out of context so I lie to poke fun at it. xD

no, I get what it means.

It's just really funny out of context so I lie to poke fun at it. xD

It is pretty funny, I'll give you that. Especially when you realise it's clearly a deliberate sex reference, given all of the "sodom and gomorrah" stuff also involved in the song.

Guest Trotsky

I always thought that Kill The DJ could have a more funny video.You know, showing Green Day dancing with ridiculous moves (like Mike Dirnt in the recording of Kill The DJ in the Cuatro). :lol:

Archived