Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a tricky thing to answer, we don't really have any proof to tell if its real or fake. The way I see it is its a recording that has been going around for many years on many different bootlegs as well as online. I don't really see why if Green Day's management decided to release it on a record label that no ones even heard about. Part of me feels like its just some people who have the right material to be able to make CD's and vinyls of it and actually get it onto iTunes. I'm quite curious myself to know if its official or not...

Which album was a bigger hit, Dookie or American Idiot?

Billie's seen sometimes crying during WMUWSE. Are there any videos of Mike/Tré crying too? Not necessarily during that song.

Billie's seen sometimes crying during WMUWSE. Are there any videos of Mike/Tré crying too? Not necessarily during that song.

Why would they cry? There aren't any uber emotional (maybe J.A.R. for Mike, idk, though as far as I know he never cried whilst performing it.) songs "for" them? :huh:

Dookie sold 16 million records, American Idiot sold 14 million records, so you could say Dookie was the bigger hit.

However, the albums were released during different times: AI was released in 2004, in a time where illegal downloads were very common, so maybe American Idiot would have sold even more than Dookie if there were no illegal downloads.

American Idiot also reached more first places on the charts worldwide than Dookie, but that was because of Green Day's already established popularity.

Also, Dookie was released 20 years ago and American Idiot 10 years ago, so of course Dookie has a bit of an advantadge when it comes to the sales.

But overall I think Dookie had the bigger impact on the music industry. It was one of the records that started the second punk wave and inspired countless of other bands. And every teenager in the world heard Dookie at some point of his life :lol:

Why would they cry? There aren't any uber emotional (maybe J.A.R. for Mike, idk, though as far as I know he never cried whilst performing it.) songs "for" them? :huh:/>

Lol. I can only imagine Tre and Mike and Billie all crying at the same time. It's weird. JAR wouldn't make Mike cry. Maybe try, is there a video from Mike's wedding? Ive seen pictures, but those would be tears of joy, not pain (hopefully you don't want to see Mike in pain)

Lol. I can only imagine Tre and Mike and Billie all crying at the same time. It's weird. JAR wouldn't make Mike cry. Maybe try, is there a video from Mike's wedding? Ive seen pictures, but those would be tears of joy, not pain (hopefully you don't want to see Mike in pain)

Haha no, I don't wanna see him in pain :P I just thought it might be more emotional for him to hear that song since he wrote it ;)

Haha no, I don't wanna see him in pain :P/> I just thought it might be more emotional for him to hear that song since he wrote it ;)/>

Nah. His friend died 20 years ago. Billie's dad died when he was young however, and it affected the rest of Billie's life. Y'know what I'm saying. Just watch videos of JAR live. Mike loves playing it

Thanks for the answers. And well, I didn't necessarily want pain tears :lol: just some kind of tears because I was curious, I've never seen them cry

Plus Tre probably wouldn't finish the line "I'll I wanna do is...." by shouting "...SUCK BIG TITTIES!" when playing live if it was a massively emotional song for Mike to play.

Plus Tre probably wouldn't finish the line "I'll I wanna do is...." by shouting "...SUCK BIG TITTIES!" when playing live if it was a massively emotional song for Mike to play.

Wow, I think I never searched for a live performance of JAR on youtube, sounds hilarious :lol:

Nah. His friend died 20 years ago. Billie's dad died when he was young however, and it affected the rest of Billie's life. Y'know what I'm saying. Just watch videos of JAR live. Mike loves playing it

Yea, I get your point and that was kind of what I was aiming for (okay. I didn't write it down... but I know what you mean.) . Y'know... I was just guessing what might , but not necessary be one. Oh well.

Wow, I think I never searched for a live performance of JAR on youtube, sounds hilarious :lol:

He's only done it a couple of times, it was on the South American leg of the 21st CB tour. One of the times was the performance of JAR that's on the Awesome As Fuck CD, if you listen really carefully you can hear it at the end of the song :D

He's only done it a couple of times, it was on the South American leg of the 21st CB tour. One of the times was the performance of JAR that's on the Awesome As Fuck CD, if you listen really carefully you can hear it at the end of the song :D

Oh my god you're right :D :D :D laughing so hard right now, thanks :lol:

This is seriously hard to notice if you don't already know about it, damn.

Thanks for the answers. And well, I didn't necessarily want pain tears :lol: just some kind of tears because I was curious, I've never seen them cry

i've never seen mike and tre cry.. just billie few times :ninja:

What happenned to Jimmy (the Samoan Bodyguard) and Timmy Chunks (the old guitar tech of Billie) ?

We see them in a lot of videos, and they are often mentionned in interviews, and they can be seen in a lot of live performances from 1994 to 2000.

What are they up to now ? Do they still work with Green Day ?

So they were involved before and they're not now. It's no big deal.

Are there any fansites around which date back to pre-AI?

Yep, GDA/GDC! Started in 2001. You can read about the site's history here.

^

http://nothingwrongwithme.com/

http://www.geekstinkbreath.net/

idk if these was what you want.. there is one i can't remember :P

I dunno about geekstinkbreath but nothingwrongwithme has only existed since 2007. It does have a lot of cool old articles/flyers etc though.

He's only done it a couple of times, it was on the South American leg of the 21st CB tour. One of the times was the performance of JAR that's on the Awesome As Fuck CD, if you listen really carefully you can hear it at the end of the song :D/>

It's on the studio version too y'know

Hmm people have said this but I can't hear it so I'm not convinced.

Can't hear it as well. But y'know... My headphones costed like 10€ ('cause I break/lose them anyway) , so... idk. Maybe they're not good enough.

I can only hear some weird swish/whispering.

Anyone have any idea when they're gonna announce the postponed dates? I'm getting real irritated. :ermm:

June 7th, 2027

Or maybe when they're ready

Probably when they're ready

Archived