Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

*shamelessly uses first post opportunity to get answers to questions easier*

Are there any interviews discussing the production of Warning?

When did Billie talk about recording lots of guitar tracks for Brain Stew to get "that scratchy sound"?

How were the Dookie Demos released? Like, I know they were two different demos tapes that were passed around to record companies and given to Warner and what-not, but how did they end up in the public and in the hands of GDA? [i've gotten info on this one, but never a full answer]

For the production of the Warning Album, there's the EPK Documentary from 2000 or 2001, I don't remember the year. I don't know if this documentary is still on Youtube.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is EPK the one that that "Alternate Music Video" for Warning came from? The one in the Download of the Week?

For the production of the Warning Album, there's the EPK Documentary from 2000 or 2001, I don't remember the year. I don't know if this documentary is still on Youtube.

Is EPK the one that that "Alternate Music Video" for Warning came from? The one in the Download of the Week?

That music video is in the EPK, though I don't know if that was the original source for the video.

Does anyone know where I can find the video of that tv show where Wierd Al spun a wheel to find out Billie's hair color? On the show, someone sent a letter saying something along the lines of "I love the band Green Day but I can never keep track of their lead singer's hair color", and then Al pulled out a wheel with different hair color choices. I want to say it was on Much Music, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone know where I can find the video of that tv show where Wierd Al spun a wheel to find out Billie's hair color? On the show, someone sent a letter saying something along the lines of "I love the band Green Day but I can never keep track of their lead singer's hair color", and then Al pulled out a wheel with different hair color choices. I want to say it was on Much Music, but I could be wrong.

I searched 'Green Day Weird Al' on Youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy1OpHe0xU0

Haven't ever seen this before, does it have anything to do with the unreleased documentary Heart Like A Hand Grenade?-

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AekDCV-HpoU&feature=related

Yes that footage is shot by John Roecker and is from HLAHG, its just a little parts edited together for Fuse to air on TV. Its all thats been released really

Idk if this is a stupid question x) but is Mike singing other songs than Nobody Likes You, Governator, a part of American Eulogy and some of the Network songs?

Idk if this is a stupid question x) but is Mike singing other songs than Nobody Likes You, Governator, a part of American Eulogy and some of the Network songs?

I think those are the only songs that Mike sang on Green Day/The Network.

Now that we are in the Q&A thread, where is the gif in your sig from?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMh1TCLlWio

Can someone tell me who sings lead vocals for each Network song? I have a hard time listening with all that electro crap going on

I just returned to GDC 2 days ago after like a 4 and a half hiatus, so I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed... Anyway, I'm a bit confused about the Uno, Dos, and Tre box set thingy... I wasn't planning on ordering any box set thing, because frankly it seemed a bit confusing. I was just planning on going to my record store on the dates that Uno, Dos, and Tre come out to just get the albums individually. However I just checked GDA to find that there's going to be a documentary that's exclusive to the box set... So now i'm pretty sure I want to preorder it. However the part that confuses me is the term "box set"... i'm picturing all 3 albums, the documentary, and all that other extra shit that comes with it packed all together in one neat box. If that's true though, the 3 albums all come out in different months... Soooo, do I have to wait until Tre is released to get my box set? Or do I get it when Uno is released? However that means people who preorder the box set get Dos and Tre way in advance so that's probably not true :/ Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, it's just I've been kinda outta the loop for the past 4 and a half months because I've been starting my college search. So yeah, if anyone could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it a lot.

I just returned to GDC 2 days ago after like a 4 and a half hiatus, so I apologize in advance if this has already been discussed... Anyway, I'm a bit confused about the Uno, Dos, and Tre box set thingy... I wasn't planning on ordering any box set thing, because frankly it seemed a bit confusing. I was just planning on going to my record store on the dates that Uno, Dos, and Tre come out to just get the albums individually. However I just checked GDA to find that there's going to be a documentary that's exclusive to the box set... So now i'm pretty sure I want to preorder it. However the part that confuses me is the term "box set"... i'm picturing all 3 albums, the documentary, and all that other extra shit that comes with it packed all together in one neat box. If that's true though, the 3 albums all come out in different months... Soooo, do I have to wait until Tre is released to get my box set? Or do I get it when Uno is released? However that means people who preorder the box set get Dos and Tre way in advance so that's probably not true :/ Again, sorry if this is a stupid question, it's just I've been kinda outta the loop for the past 4 and a half months because I've been starting my college search. So yeah, if anyone could clear this up for me I'd appreciate it a lot.

September: uno and box arrive on your doorstep

November: dos and cuatro arrive on your doirstep

Jan. tre arrives on your doorstep

Everything else is digital (membership, singles)

It doesnt all come at once. So everything comes on it release date. So at first, you'll have a box with a bunch of empty space, but by jan your bix will be full

It doesnt all come at once. So everything comes on it release date. So at first, you'll have a box with a bunch of empty space, but by jan your bix will be full

Ohhhhhhh, yeah that makes sense. That's pretty cool that you get them delivered to you right on the release date of each album, I'm definitely going to preorder it now. Thanks man.

Friends,on Telehit saturday the documentary will be new or the same of some weeks ago?

does anyone know when the band will be announcing tour dates? ik it starts in november but thats it

They haven't said anything yet, but I'm guessing soon. My best guess would be next month.

Who sings in the cover of A Quick One While He's Away? I'm not hearing all Billie, so does someone else sing, like Mike or someone?

Can someone tell me who sings lead vocals for each Network song? I have a hard time listening with all that electro crap going on

Joe Robot - Mike

Transistors - Billie and Mike

Reto - Tré

Supermodel Robots - Billie

Money Money - Mike

Spike - Aside from the telephone parts, by Billie, the actual music part "I Need a Fix" is sung by Billie and Mike. Maybe Tré too.

Love and Money - Mike

Right Hand-a-Rama - Billie

Roshambo - Billie

Hungry Hungry Models - Tré

Spastic Society - Mike

X-Ray Hamburger - Mike. I think Tré is actually doing back-up vocals on this one, which is weird.

Teenagers From Mars - Billie

Hammer of the Gods - Mike

Who sings in the cover of A Quick One While He's Away? I'm not hearing all Billie, so does someone else sing, like Mike or someone?

Well Mike does lots of backup vocals.

The intro is a bit confusing. See, in GD songs, usually Mike does higher harmonies, but in the intro he's either doing the same notes as Billie or lower harmonies, so you can hear him better. Same with the "Dangs" but he's lower in the mix there.

Also the spoken lines "We have a remedy" "Little girl stop your crying" and "Ivan the engine driver's gonna make you... feel alright." is either Mike or Tré. It sounds like Mike at first, but then it starts to sound like Tré.

Then there's the "oooohs" in the first part, by Mike, and the "cello cello cello cello cello" after the dangs in the song by Mike.

And at the end of the song, Billie says "You are forgiven" then Mike says "You are forgiven" then they do that back and forth for a while. And then the very very last part, Mike goes "YOU ARE ALL FORGIVEN!" and it ends.

Basically the song just has more complex backup vocals than we're used to listening to Green Day songs.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

Does anyone know the name of the girl who does the German parts of X-Ray Hamburger?

Joe Robot - Mike

Transistors - Billie and Mike

Reto - Tré

Supermodel Robots - Billie

Money Money - Mike

Spike - Aside from the telephone parts, by Billie, the actual music part "I Need a Fix" is sung by Billie and Mike. Maybe Tré too.

Love and Money - Mike

Right Hand-a-Rama - Billie

Roshambo - Billie

Hungry Hungry Models - Tré

Spastic Society - Mike

X-Ray Hamburger - Mike. I think Tré is actually doing back-up vocals on this one, which is weird.

Teenagers From Mars - Billie

Hammer of the Gods - Mike

So what do all the other guys do? Theres like six members

Archived