Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

If so...wow, so many women wanted to use him as an end table. No wonder he eventually wrote a BSDM song. :o

Hope it's obvious I'm being silly here. XD

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to sound weird, but what is Mike's wife's last name? Is it Dirnt or Pritchard?

It's not complicated really :lol:, this is all about one woman, the only question is what her name is and I'm pretty certain it's Amanda. When Billie lived in the "Longview" house, he had a girlfriend called Amanda who lived in an apartment upstairs. For about a year, while he was writing Dookie, they were together. Then they split up and she went to Ecuador to study. She's the girl he wrote Good Riddance and a load of other songs about. Erica is just another girlfriend he had at some point who has nothing to do with any of this.

This was really interesting, thanks! :)

I was really confused about the names or if Erica was Amanda :P

This is going to sound weird, but what is Mike's wife's last name? Is it Dirnt or Pritchard?

I doubt he changed his last name legally and from what I have seen on that Instagram thing, she uses her maiden name?

I might as well be wrong, but that's what it appears like.

What songs were on the Stop Drop and Roll!!! EP that used to be available from the FBHT website? And were they any different from the album versions? (I'm asking because I found this: https://soundcloud.com/kaleidozombie/mother-mary)

There was only one difference between the EP versions and the album versions is the EP featured little clips of old movies at the start of each track, that's all.

Track List:

01 - Stop Drop and Roll

02 - Mother Mary

03 - Ruby Room

04 - Red Tide

05 - Highway 1

06 - She's A Saint Not A Celebrity

There was only one difference between the EP versions and the album versions is the EP featured little clips of old movies at the start of each track, that's all.

Track List:

01 - Stop Drop and Roll

02 - Mother Mary

03 - Ruby Room

04 - Red Tide

05 - Highway 1

06 - She's A Saint Not A Celebrity

So I'm guessing they can't be posted on GDC?

So I'm guessing they can't be posted on GDC?

Only "Highway 1" which is already on GDC.

That was the first FBHT song I had!

One more question, does the EP title have the three exclamation points in it?

But Fuck Time was, I think, already recorded when GD did all these interviews (including the one above) about the trilogy. And it was first played in April 2010 even though I don't know if it had that line then already. I don't want to argue with you, Amanda could be her name for all I know - I'm just saying there's a possibilty it isn't.

My guess is the name refers to this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8jE0RFDYMY

I love they have a few Rolling Stones references

Like one could say 2000 lightyears away title is tribute to RS's 2000 lightyears from home

What medium was used to create God Told Me To Skin You Alive? Is it all digital?

Obviously some of it is because the third skull is taken directly from a Renaissance painting.

Did anything ever happen about the guy who took GD to court about "stealing AI" wich he aperntly wrote in 1992 or whatever ?

What does Billie sing in the very beginning of Missing You?

The third time Billie says "Shut your mouth 'cause you're talking too much and I don't give a f**k anyway" in Let Yourself Go, someone yells something in the background. Who is it and what do they say?

This is going to be a weird question, but there you are. It struck me, not so long ago, that I've never read or seen any articles or images of Tre looking sad, or crying, or upset etc,.

Has anyone ever seen or read of him being ill or sad?

This is question is so damn weird, but it struck me only recently that the guy seems so well put together in this happy little world, when realistically, he probably isn't. D:

The third time Billie says "Shut your mouth 'cause you're talking too much and I don't give a f**k anyway" in Let Yourself Go, someone yells something in the background. Who is it and what do they say?

"Shut the fuck up". It's Tré in the album version, but Jason does it live.

This is going to be a weird question, but there you are. It struck me, not so long ago, that I've never read or seen any articles or images of Tre looking sad, or crying, or upset etc,.

Has anyone ever seen or read of him being ill or sad?

This is question is so damn weird, but it struck me only recently that the guy seems so well put together in this happy little world, when realistically, he probably isn't. D:

He gets really serious during Restless Heart Syndrome at Fox or wherever.

This sounds stupid, but I thought I'd still ask. I've seen people tweeting from soundchecks. Was there some competition to win entrance or are they privilleged for whatever reason? :)

He gets really serious during Restless Heart Syndrome at Fox or wherever.

Do you have a video of Restless Heart Syndrome Live? I really want to watch it :runaround:

Do you have a video of Restless Heart Syndrome Live? I really want to watch it :runaround:

Hey I hear Youtube has a search function now, you should give it a fucking try.

I've never heard it done live. Do you know what shows they've done it at?

Hey I hear Youtube has a search function now, you should give it a fucking try.

wow rood

I've never heard it done live. Do you know what shows they've done it at?

No clue, searching "Let Yourself Go Live" will bring some up.

And it wasn't rude, I'm tired of people expecting others to fucking spoonfeed them when all it takes is to type "Restless Heart Syndrome live" into a site they probably use every single day.

We aren't your fucking mothers.

This sounds stupid, but I thought I'd still ask. I've seen people tweeting from soundchecks. Was there some competition to win entrance or are they privilleged for whatever reason? :)

At some shows during the US leg of the 21st CB tour someone who worked for the company that sponsored the tour went and picked a certain number of fans from the queue to be let into the soundcheck. Then during the European leg of the tour Idiot Nation had "early entry" contests where the 25 or so winners got to be let into the show first, and at some of the shows they also got to go to the soundcheck. So I guess sometimes people must get let in because they know someone or they're in the right place at the right time etc, but most of the time they've won a contest :). Although lot of the time they don't let anyone in.

Not sure what's happened with the current tour though, Idiot Nation hasn't done contests for it as far as I know. Have any fans been let into soundchecks on this tour?

I believe those people's tweets (that I followed from this board, but no idea whose accounts) were from May 31st this year; so I guess that was the soundcheck for the UK show...?

Thanks for the rest, assumed it was something fair. :)

I believe those people's tweets (that I followed from this board, but no idea whose accounts) were from May 31st this year; so I guess that was the soundcheck for the UK show...?

Thanks for the rest, assumed it was something fair. :)

I see, I guess I wasn't following the tour closely enough so I didn't know about that. If anyone does know anything about how people have got into soundchecks on this tour I'd like to know about it too.

...especially since some shows appeared not to have had any; or at least only soundchecks done by staff.

This is a really random question but does anyone know if Billie styles his own hair or does he have someone else do it?

Archived