Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

Do you guys think the members of green day look at these post and site?

No. Sorry. :)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably not that much but it wouldn't surprise me if Billie Joe has checked out GDA before as he's mentioned it a few times. He's also mentioned Andres, the owner, so it's not that far-fetched to think. I don't know if Mike or Tre have ever expressed knowledge of the site though but I know Mike's seen a fan video that originated here.

That would be so cool if one of the guys was secretly one of us...

that's pretty sick. i bet they do. this is one of the best band websites ive ever been on...even though i am only really into a few bands

that's pretty sick. i bet they do. this is one of the best band websites ive ever been on...even though i am only really into a few bands

Yeah. The ramones' fan website sucks major goat testicles

Y'know the simpsons movie, on some places it says that Billie was the only one in Green Day who did his voice. But wasn't mike and Tré do their voices to? It must have been them, how else could it have sounded so much like them? :huh:

Y'know the simpsons movie, on some places it says that Billie was the only one in Green Day who did his voice. But wasn't mike and Tré do their voices to? It must have been them, how else could it have sounded so much like them? :huh:

It was indeed all three of their voices

It was indeed all three of their voices

So all of them did their own voices?

So all of them did their own voices?

Yep :) it even says it during the end credits

Hi...I would like to customize my guitar as the Blue of BJ. I want to do it well (not as bjguitars.com where the pick-ups are not Humbackers and where I don't believe that they are Fernandes Stratocaster).

I want to customize it as the Blue that BJ played @ Woodstock (it was 1994 and I was 12 years old!!!). I'd like to know:

1) was the bridge pick-up a Bill Lawrence Humbucking pickup as Wikipedia says or it was a Duncan JB? If it was a Lawrence why on the web of Bill Lawrence there aren't white humbucking pickups (as the one that BJ was using)?

2) Was the neck of the Fernandes Stratocaster the original one or Blue was just a Frankestein guitar?

Thank you for your help!

Stephen

It's probably because their real names are credited, Michael Pritchard and Frank Edwin Wright

On that hint...I've only seen the movie in german and, of course, it's not them speaking (Yea. NO subtitles. A god damn dub :angry) . Does anyone have the link to the English version? Couldn't find it :pinch:

Hi...I would like to customize my guitar as the Blue of BJ. I want to do it well (not as bjguitars.com where the pick-ups are not Humbackers and where I don't believe that they are Fernandes Stratocaster).

I want to customize it as the Blue that BJ played @ Woodstock (it was 1994 and I was 12 years old!!!). I'd like to know:

1) was the bridge pick-up a Bill Lawrence Humbucking pickup as Wikipedia says or it was a Duncan JB? If it was a Lawrence why on the web of Bill Lawrence there aren't white humbucking pickups (as the one that BJ was using)?

2) Was the neck of the Fernandes Stratocaster the original one or Blue was just a Frankestein guitar?

Thank you for your help!

Stephen

Well for starters, if you can find the right Fernandes Stratocaster now then nice work because they are extremely rare to come by now, which is why bjguitars.com doesn't sell them. With the neck, I'm quite sure it was the original Fernandes Stratocaster neck, don't see why he would have had to changed it. As for the pick-ups, I can't really answer that.

To be honest, you'd probably be better off buying one from bjguitars.com and just customizing your own pick up on it, but thats just my opinion :)

Well for starters, if you can find the right Fernandes Stratocaster now then nice work because they are extremely rare to come by now, which is why bjguitars.com doesn't sell them. With the neck, I'm quite sure it was the original Fernandes Stratocaster neck, don't see why he would have had to changed it. As for the pick-ups, I can't really answer that.

To be honest, you'd probably be better off buying one from bjguitars.com and just customizing your own pick up on it, but thats just my opinion :)

I don't know... this web-site (http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/4greenday/bjguitar.html) says that the Blue was a Retrorocket model... and it's very easy to find a Retrorocket nowadays... SO: is Blue a Retrorocket or a mysterious LE-2 SOB/M as this other web says (http://www.angelfire.com/fl/1039smoothgreenday/bjguitar.html)?

The neck... http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/4greenday/bjguitar.html says that BJ changed the neck... but when?! After or before Woodstock?!

Wikipedia says that BJ changed the Bill Lawrence Humbucking pickup with the Saymor Duncan's after Woodstock but... where have wikipedia found this information?

Thanx!

I don't know... this web-site (http://www.angelfire...y/bjguitar.html) says that the Blue was a Retrorocket model... and it's very easy to find a Retrorocket nowadays... SO: is Blue a Retrorocket or a mysterious LE-2 SOB/M as this other web says (http://www.angelfire...y/bjguitar.html)?

The neck... http://www.angelfire...y/bjguitar.html says that BJ changed the neck... but when?! After or before Woodstock?!

Wikipedia says that BJ changed the Bill Lawrence Humbucking pickup with the Saymor Duncan's after Woodstock but... where have wikipedia found this information?

Thanx!

well, i guess the pickup broke at Woodstock so he had to change it (so after Woodstock)...I've heard about that somewhen but can't tell you where, sorry

I didn't want to start a new thread for that so I'm gonna ask here.

I need to print Green Day lyrics on paper, maybe not everything but at least all songs from studio albums. It's not really a problem to find lyrics, but copying it song by song into Word document takes really long time. Maybe some of you guys have already some Word or txt documents with lyrics all together? I'm not asking for all albums together, maybe album by album at least. This would be a great help for me.

I didn't want to start a new thread for that so I'm gonna ask here.

I need to print Green Day lyrics on paper, maybe not everything but at least all songs from studio albums. It's not really a problem to find lyrics, but copying it song by song into Word document takes really long time. Maybe some of you guys have already some Word or txt documents with lyrics all together? I'm not asking for all albums together, maybe album by album at least. This would be a great help for me.

Well, just wanna warn you that all the lyrics out there for the sweet children part of kerplunk are wrong. Even the ones on gda.

Question: Is there a Homecoming demo tape from before they added all the characters to it?

Nah unfortunately not, there's no American Idiot demos out. As far as I know there's only the Dookie demos and the leaked one of 21st CB (the song).

Does anyone have the link to the English version? Couldn't find it :pinch:

We obviously can't link to the movie on some website, cause you can buy the movie in stores. If you only want to see the Green Day part in English though you can search for it on Youtube. I think it's there :)

you can search for it on Youtube. I think it's there :)

Yea, I meant the Green Day part. And yea, I was asking for a Youtube link, should have said it clearly, sorry :S . And that's the problem... I only found a spanish verion :mad:

Nah unfortunately not, there's no American Idiot demos out. As far as I know there's only the Dookie demos and the leaked one of 21st CB (the song).

There's also the Hold On "Demo" with different harmonica.

And, it doesn't really count, but there's the tiniest bit of a St. Jimmy demo in The Making of American Idiot on Youtube.

There's also the Hold On "Demo" with different harmonica.

Its technically not a demo, just a different mix of the song.

Also there's a early version of Good Riddance out there

Also there's a early version of Good Riddance out there

Its technically not a demo, just a different recording of the song.

:P

Archived