Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does she do the backing in hammer of the gods as well?

I think Billie does backing vocals in Hammer of the Gods actually.

I think Billie does backing vocals in Hammer of the Gods actually.

ok. I thought I heard a girl in there.

Definitely the right place to ask :). Here you go

http://nothingwrongwithme.com/?p=45

There's quite a lot of other awesome stuff on that site too

Thanks! Saved the pics, cant wait to read!

"Rest is about absolutely nothing' 'That cleem in urize"

Thats awesome. Best GD interview I've ever read.

Billie's backing vocals in Hammer of the Gods are higher harmonies, like what Mike usually does, which we're not used to hearing him sing that high. Combined with the fact that it's low in the mix, that's probably why you thought it was a girl.

Billie's backing vocals in Hammer of the Gods are higher harmonies, like what Mike usually does, which we're not used to hearing him sing that high. Combined with the fact that it's low in the mix, that's probably why you thought it was a girl.

Okay. Thanks. I like BJs high voice :-D

Mine doesn't say any of that! Maybe because I have the CD+DVD from Adeline? You probably have the other one then. Well I'm glad we finally know who it is :)

Yeah I just have the CD on it's own, didn't realize it was different. Nothing else interesting in it though unfortunately.

Not Billie, it's not even high. Probably German girl again.

Of course that questions leads me to - Who answers as Spike's friend who won't sell him any drugs?

Not Billie, it's not even high. Probably German girl again.

Of course that questions leads me to - Who answers as Spike's friend who won't sell him any drugs?

Probably Chris or Reto Peter. Idk

Thanks for the German lyrics!

Further down in the booklet it says "Vocals on 'X-Ray Hamburger' by Susan Bütler", so mystery solved! I'm 99% sure she's really just called Susan Butler and they just added the umlaut to make it German looking though :lol:. She's related to the drum tech on the album, Kenny Butler, I think she's his wife. Someone met either one or both of them and posted about it on facebook once but I can't remember how they were related for sure.

Ah, thanks for that. :)

Did you guys Know where can i get font from the trilogy era? please :(

I haven't heard anything about that, I saw that a couple people said they were working on it, but I may be wrong.

this is a stupid and pretty pointless question but i'm hoping someone can answer (to shut my mind up whenever i listen to Letterbomb);

what is the significance of the line "wake up!" towards the end of Letterbomb? it's not in the original studio version of AI of course but Billie shouts it on AAF. when i first heard it i thought all it meant was he was jeering the crowd to be a bit more lively - that probably is the answer.

the reason i have doubt is that it is sung in the AI Musical. i guess the answer could be that Billie said it spontaneously once and liked it so always does it afterwards. if it is an alteration to the song and has a deeper meaning like Whatshername telling JoS to wake up to what he's doing then that's cool

see, told you it was a pointless question! but if someone knows the answer that would be cool

if it is an alteration to the song and has a deeper meaning like Whatshername telling JoS to wake up to what he's doing then that's cool

I think is this that you said. It may be a different interpretation for everybody, but since I heard it, and knowing the song is a letter from Whatsername to JOS, to me is like she's screaming Jesus to wake up in the way that she's leaving and he's not doing anything to stop her, and the life they have is sinking them, she can't take the town anymore, so she leaves. The 'wake up' is like "you should do the same".

And there aren't stupid questions! If you have any doubt, there will be someone that can help you. :)

When was WMMR recorded?

Is what's on 1039 the full show?

1991, and setlist.fm says so, but idk. Whenever I listen to WMMR, I always think about these three songs. The talkshow guys on this station are hilarious.

this is a stupid and pretty pointless question but i'm hoping someone can answer (to shut my mind up whenever i listen to Letterbomb);

what is the significance of the line "wake up!" towards the end of Letterbomb? it's not in the original studio version of AI of course but Billie shouts it on AAF. when i first heard it i thought all it meant was he was jeering the crowd to be a bit more lively - that probably is the answer.

the reason i have doubt is that it is sung in the AI Musical. i guess the answer could be that Billie said it spontaneously once and liked it so always does it afterwards. if it is an alteration to the song and has a deeper meaning like Whatshername telling JoS to wake up to what he's doing then that's cool

see, told you it was a pointless question! but if someone knows the answer that would be cool

Yeah I think what laly said is mostly right. In the musical Whatsername shouts "wake up!" at Johnny when he's so far gone with drugs and St. Jimmy that he's just a mess and she's leaving him. I think Billie started adding it after seeing the musical quite a few times - maybe he just heard it so often that it stuck?

Here's a video of Letterbomb from the musical if it helps :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7dIrO3t9Lc&list=FLzY5KECZRbDiZSZN4opjyHg&index=22&feature=plpp_video

Yeah I think what laly said is mostly right. In the musical Whatsername shouts "wake up!" at Johnny when he's so far gone with drugs and St. Jimmy that he's just a mess and she's leaving him. I think Billie started adding it after seeing the musical quite a few times - maybe he just heard it so often that it stuck?

Here's a video of Letterbomb from the musical if it helps :)

]http://www.youtube.c...e=plpp_videdia]

Dude... the guy filming it made that, like, a thousand times more amazing at the end when he stopped focusing on St. Jimmy while he walked off. So it was, like, the camera went off, and when it went back, he was just gone.

Anyway, is the musical in the same order as the musical studio album? And if not can someone give me the order?

And also, can anyone give me a list of which songs on the cast album have any differences from the originals? Aside from different singers, of course. I just... don't wanna listen to that silly album again.

Dude... the guy filming it made that, like, a thousand times more amazing at the end when he stopped focusing on St. Jimmy while he walked off. So it was, like, the camera went off, and when it went back, he was just gone.

Anyway, is the musical in the same order as the musical studio album? And if not can someone give me the order?

And also, can anyone give me a list of which songs on the cast album have any differences from the originals? Aside from different singers, of course. I just... don't wanna listen to that silly album again.

If that album is so silly, then why are you interested in the song differences?

Yeah it's the same order, except there's b-sides, a few songs from 21st Century Breakdown and When It's Time in there too.

Most of them have small differences, but the one that comes to mind for the biggest difference is Last of the American Girls/She's a Rebel, because it's a mix of the two songs.

If that album is so silly, then why are you interested in the song differences?

I'm looking to make versions of the songs with differences using the originals. I've already done the Before the Lobotomy round (it's in the audio section and it's streaming if you want to check it out) and I plan to do She's a Rebel/Last of the American Girls next, but I want a list of all the other songs that have differences. Like I remember KYE having bits of JoS in it.

Did you guys Know where can i get font from the trilogy era? please :(

There's a thread about that in Questions/Requests in the brink of your vision section :) Here:

I'm looking to make versions of the songs with differences using the originals. I've already done the Before the Lobotomy round (it's in the audio section and it's streaming if you want to check it out) and I plan to do She's a Rebel/Last of the American Girls next, but I want a list of all the other songs that have differences. Like I remember KYE having bits of JoS in it.

You mean things like when they sing the "City of the dead" part of JOS at the end of Boulevard of Broken Dreams? I love that. But yeah, I just really like the cast record in general.

There's a thread about that in Questions/Requests in the brink of your vision section :) Here: http://www.greendayc...ados-atre-font/

You mean things like when they sing the "City of the dead" part of JOS at the end of Boulevard of Broken Dreams? I love that. But yeah, I just really like the cast record in general.

That kind of thing is my favorite part of the cast album, which is why I wanna recreate it with GD songs.

When I first got the album I made a shitty version of LotAG and She's a Rebel, but that was before we had the multitracks, so I'm gonna try again and I'd like to do other ones as well.

Archived