Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

Whatsername is really in drop d? I saw that on a tab somewhere and thought the tabber was crazy lol. I thought Green Day only used standard and E flat.

People probably don't include WCH because it's a cover.

Yeah, Whatsername is drop D. Restless Heart Syndrome is actually in D standard, too. That's DGCFAD.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Working Class Hero has a capo on 2nd fret, but you don't really need it.

Jason White does on the live version.

You also see him use one on the music video where he's using an actual acoustic guitar.

You also see him use one on the music video where he's using an actual acoustic guitar.

Nice. Shows how little attention I pay to music videos then!

Yeah. There's a D1 power chord in it, you can't play that in standard or E flat.

You could just adjust, though, couldn't you?

That's DGCFAD.

That is really funky. :lol:

Why did they used the line "Video games to the towers fall" instead of "From Mexico to the Berlin Wall" in the offical publiced edition of 21st cetury breakdown?

Why did they used the line "Video games to the towers fall" instead of "From Mexico to the Berlin Wall" in the offical publiced edition of 21st cetury breakdown?

Welcome to the forum. We don't know.

Welcome to the forum. We don't know.

well, thx anyway, im just a fan who just found this site. Gonna see Green Day live this Saturday, so excited!

well, thx anyway, im just a fan who just found this site. Gonna see Green Day live this Saturday, so excited!

Don't mind him :P. It is true that we don't know, they've never spoken about the demo version so all we know is they must've preferred those lyrics for whatever reason. And how awesome! There's actually a thread for discussing the show with others who are going in the tour section, you might want to check it out:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/94712-20140301-adelaide-bonython-park-soundwave/

Don't mind him :P. It is true that we don't know, they've never spoken about the demo version so all we know is they must've preferred those lyrics for whatever reason. And how awesome! There's actually a thread for discussing the show with others who are going in the tour section, you might want to check it out:

http://www.greendaycommunity.org/topic/94712-20140301-adelaide-bonython-park-soundwave/

Thank you very much, it is very nice of you, im gonna post on that thread and ask if they ever get a chance to ask that question for me, it has been stuck in my mind like years.

See you in adelaide.

Find the tour thread & join in :)

Thank you very much, it is very nice of you, im gonna post on that thread and ask if they ever get a chance to ask that question for me, it has been stuck in my mind like years.

You're welcome! Honestly I think they just change their minds with lyrics quite a lot. There's loads of differences just in that song and there were loads of differences between early live versions of Uno Dos and Tre songs and the album versions, most likely the answer would just be "We liked that lyric more" :lol:. You could try submitting it as a question if there's ever a Q&A with the band going on somewhere though.

You're welcome! Honestly I think they just change their minds with lyrics quite a lot. There's loads of differences just in that song and there were loads of differences between early live versions of Uno Dos and Tre songs and the album versions, most likely the answer would just be "We liked that lyric more" :lol:. You could try submitting it as a question if there's ever a Q&A with the band going on somewhere though.

But the original one is way cooler! It also matches the first line"Bron into Nixon", it was exactly during the cold war.... forgive me, im acting like an weirdo.... but well, maybe I am

But the original one is way cooler! It also matches the first line"Bron into Nixon", it was exactly during the cold war.... forgive me, im acting like an weirdo.... but well, maybe I am

I prefer it as well, in fact I prefer most of the demo version. Lucky it came out so we can listen to it instead of the album one if we want :D

I prefer it as well, in fact I prefer most of the demo version. Lucky it came out so we can listen to it instead of the album one if we want :D

yea! glad that we think about this the same way!

Glad it's not just me! The lyrics are miles better, and I love the roughness of the tempo changes. It's clearly not played to a click track or anything silly like that :P Just a shame the production is obviously demo quality.

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll put it here

In my music lesson we have to do presentations with examples of different like electronic ways of changing the sounds of instruments, and I've been given the wah-wah pedal and the chorus pedal. We have to include examples, and it would be great if I could include some green day songs, especially seeing as none of my class really know their music :D The only thing I literally have no clue as to how to recognise when these are being used, I don't really know what they are (I kinda know what a wah-wah pedal sounds like but I couldn't recognise it amongst other instruments and sounds :/) So yeah, this may be a really stupid question i dunno if it's the kind of thing they would use but if any of you could tell me if any green day songs have a wah-wah pedal or a chorus pedal (and when they are used in the song) that would be great :D:D:D

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll put it here

In my music lesson we have to do presentations with examples of different like electronic ways of changing the sounds of instruments, and I've been given the wah-wah pedal and the chorus pedal. We have to include examples, and it would be great if I could include some green day songs, especially seeing as none of my class really know their music :D The only thing I literally have no clue as to how to recognise when these are being used, I don't really know what they are (I kinda know what a wah-wah pedal sounds like but I couldn't recognise it amongst other instruments and sounds :/) So yeah, this may be a really stupid question i dunno if it's the kind of thing they would use but if any of you could tell me if any green day songs have a wah-wah pedal or a chorus pedal (and when they are used in the song) that would be great :D:D:D

There's a wah pedal at the end of Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, it's a lot more obvious live than it is on the studio version. In fact, it might even be a phaser on the studio version, but it's definitely a wah live. As for chorus, I'm not sure, but there might be one on the guitar in Redundant.

Archived