Green Day Q&A Thread

Fuzz

So what do all the other guys do? Theres like six members

They play the instruments.

Also, Reto might have been sung by one of the guys that's not Billie, Mike, or Tré, now that I think about it.

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They play the instruments.

Also, Reto might have been sung by one of the guys that's not Billie, Mike, or Tré, now that I think about it.

Reto Peter?

I think Chris Dugan plays the keyboard-y thing. Not sure about the others.

Can someone tell me who sings lead vocals for each Network song? I have a hard time listening with all that electro crap going on

Gives me a good excuse to listen to their record now instead of cleaning my room, haha. Here you go:

Billie sings lead vocals on all songs, except Joe Robot, Reto, Love and Money, Spastic Society, X-Ray Hamburger and Hammer of the Gods (all with Mike on lead vocals), and Hungry Hungry Models is obviously sung by Tre :lol:

^ Yeah that list is right, Reto is Mike not Tre. Transistors Gone Wild is Billie and Mike though. If it's hard to tell just by listening you can see who sings each song by watching the live performance on Disease Is Punishment (that's how I found out who sings most of them :lol:).

Fink/Billie - guitar, vocals

Van Gogh/Mike - bass, vocals

The Snoo/Tre - drums, vocals

Captain Underpants/Reto Peter - synthesizer/keytar

Z/Chris Dugan - keyboards

Plus Balducci/Jason White plays guitar live (but he didn't play on the album).

^ Yeah that list is right, Reto is Mike not Tre. Transistors Gone Wild is Billie and Mike though. If it's hard to tell just by listening you can see who sings each song by watching the live performance on Disease Is Punishment (that's how I found out who sings most of them :lol:).

Fink/Billie - guitar, vocals

Van Gogh/Mike - bass, vocals

The Snoo/Tre - drums, vocals

Captain Underpants/Reto Peter - synthesizer/keytar

Z/Chris Dugan - keyboards

Plus Balducci/Jason White plays guitar live (but he didn't play on the album).

Awesome. Thanks you guys. Disease is Punishment is on my wishlist. Too bad wishes dont come true. Im all out of $$ after the box sets

Awesome. Thanks you guys. Disease is Punishment is on my wishlist. Too bad wishes dont come true. Im all out of $$ after the box sets

You're welcome. The whole thing's up on youtube if you don't mind watching it on there, the quality's not gonna be the same as a DVD obviously but might be worth a look.

The idiot clubs Q&A with Adie, is there someplace I can read all of it other than the Idiot club?

Nah sometimes when the Idiot Club posts something "exclusive" they then later post it on greenday.com, but unfortunately they never posted that. I think it was posted somewhere on tumblr at one point so you might be able to find it if you look around, but we can't have it posted on here.

Nah sometimes when the Idiot Club posts something "exclusive" they then later post it on greenday.com, but unfortunately they never posted that. I think it was posted somewhere on tumblr at one point so you might be able to find it if you look around, but we can't have it posted on here.

Nevermind. Just ordered my box set and got an idiot club account. That club is lame, those questions were lame.

Nevermind. Just ordered my box set and got an idiot club account. That club is lame, those questions were lame.

Maybe don't be rude to someone who was trying to be helpful. Forums with members like you on are bound to suck.

Maybe don't be rude to someone who was trying to be helpful. Forums with members like you on are bound to suck.

Well everybody has his opinions.If he thinks the questions were lame he has the right to say it...

I haven't even read those questions though :lol: I will when I order my boxset though...

So they were just lying about the q&a with Mike?It sucks cause maybe some people just registered to ask some questions to him and now they haven't say anything yet.So I think we'll here about this eventually I don't think they'll just leave this until everyone forgets about it.

Well everybody has his opinions.If he thinks the questions were lame he has the right to say it...

I haven't even read those questions though :lol: I will when I order my boxset though...

So they were just lying about the q&a with Mike?It sucks cause maybe some people just registered to ask some questions to him and now they haven't say anything yet.So I think we'll here about this eventually I don't think they'll just leave this until everyone forgets about it.

I was talking about his abruptness more than his opinion. And someone on there said about a week ago the Mike q&a was being worked on at that time.

I was talking about his abruptness more than his opinion. And someone on there said about a week ago the Mike q&a was being worked on at that time.

Well everyone express his opinion differently...

Also cool thanks for the information :)

I wasnt being rude, I was just disapointed that people wasted once-in-a-lifetime exclusive questions on stupid things like the hunger games. Honestly, why would anyone care if Adie likes the hunger games? Y'know? And that was my first time on the idiot club, and now I know why everyone complains about it. Im sorry if I came off a little rude at first. I didnt mean it as a snotty 'nevermind'. You cant tell someones tone of voice from what they type, but I didnt mean it like that.

I wasnt being rude, I was just disapointed that people wasted once-in-a-lifetime exclusive questions on stupid things like the hunger games. Honestly, why would anyone care if Adie likes the hunger games? Y'know? And that was my first time on the idiot club, and now I know why everyone complains about it. Im sorry if I came off a little rude at first. I didnt mean it as a snotty 'nevermind'. You cant tell someones tone of voice from what they type, but I didnt mean it like that.

Not that it matters, but I think that question with The Hunger Games was chosen because she tweeted about it.

Ok. Back to questions. I noticed that in the end of At The Library live from the Radio Daze boot, Billie says 'walked away with my bestfriend' instead of 'with her boyfriend' Are there any other performances where he does that?

Does somebody has the lyrics of X-Ray Hamburger with the german parts, please?

Does somebody has the lyrics of X-Ray Hamburger with the german parts, please?

I don't have the actual singing parts, but Google it. Here's the German translation (don't have the actual German):

It never changes its color, it never changes its form Can i hold your hand? They told us never to look directly in it We have to take them all with us. Can we exist without it? Its so beautiful. Hold my hand. They told us never to look directly in it They told us never to look directly in it before and after Can we exist without it? Can it? exist without us? They told us never to look directly in it, it’s so beautiful It never changes its color, it never changes its form...

I don't have the actual singing parts, but Google it. Here's the German translation (don't have the actual German):

It never changes its color, it never changes its form Can i hold your hand? They told us never to look directly in it We have to take them all with us. Can we exist without it? Its so beautiful. Hold my hand. They told us never to look directly in it They told us never to look directly in it before and after Can we exist without it? Can it? exist without us? They told us never to look directly in it, it’s so beautiful It never changes its color, it never changes its form...

Ok, thanks. Actually I knew the translation for a site who had the complete lyrics but now they doesn't have it anymore (idkw) ...and I've never copied it.

I didn't take it as you being rude towards me, only towards the Idiot Club heh.

Interesting! I'd never thought to investigate the mysterious German on there before. It would be interesting to find the actual German too, I guess if there's a translation it must be around somewhere.

Interesting! I'd never thought to investigate the mysterious German on there before. It would be interesting to find the actual German too, I guess if there's a translation it must be around somewhere.

Here's what it says in German (I think it's right, at least most of it) :)

Es wechselt nie seine Farbe. Es wechselt nie seine Gestalt.

Kann ich deine Hand halten? Sie haben uns gesagt nie direkt hinein zu schauen.

Wir müssen sie alle mitnehmen. Können wir ohne es existieren?

Es ist so wunderschön. Halt meine Hand.

Sie haben uns gesagt nie direkt hinein zu schauen. (2x)

Bevor und danach.

Können wir ohne es existieren? Kann es ohne uns existieren?

Sie haben uns gesagt nie direkt hinein zu schauen. Es ist wunderschön.

Es wechselt nie seine Farbe. Es wechselt nie seine Gestalt.

Bevor und danach.

Nie direkt hinein zu schauen. (2x)

Es wechselt nie seine Farbe.

Immer hier sein. Es wird immer hier bleiben.

Es ist wunderschön. Sie haben uns gesagt nie direkt hinein zu schauen.

Es ist wunderschön.

Es wechselt nie seine Farbe, nie seine Gestalt.

Can anyone from Germany tell if something isn't right? Then I can change it. It's especially difficult to hear what she says at the end of the song. I mean the "Immer-bleiben" part, that's what I hear. That'd mean "To always be here. It will always stay here."

Archived