Fan Tattoos

BeachBum

I’ve been thinking of getting “in the land of make believe, they don’t believe in me”.

i like band tats that are obvious to other fans but good pros for non-fans. This has always been one of my favorite BJ lines and I’ve been fighting to put Rage and Love on my knuckles since 94 but even in my line of work, knuckle tattoos are a bit much. Ugh.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LaughingClock said:

I’ve been thinking of getting “in the land of make believe, they don’t believe in me”.

i like band tats that are obvious to other fans but good pros for non-fans. This has always been one of my favorite BJ lines and I’ve been fighting to put Rage and Love on my knuckles since 94 but even in my line of work, knuckle tattoos are a bit much. Ugh.

Before you do, double check those lyrics. There’s nothing worse than misquoting in permanent ink (unless you mean to just reference and not quote).  I agree it’s one of his best lyrical phrases ever and one of the first I connected with:

”And there’s nothing wrong with me,

This is how I’m supposed to be,

In a land of make believe,

That don’t believe in me.”

💚

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Before you do, double check those lyrics. There’s nothing worse than misquoting in permanent ink (unless you mean to just reference and not quote).  I agree it’s one of his best lyrical phrases ever and one of the first I connected with:

💚

:o I've been living in a gramatically correct lie! I can hear it "that" now that you said it and it makes more sense too.

• Like 1

I always heard it as "that". For once I'm not wildly incorrect in my interpretation of his singing. :lol:

I've been thinking about getting a Green Day tattoo, but I don't know what I want to get yet. I want it to be something meaningful to me, while also being subtle and only noticeable to GD fans. I don't know if I want it to be words or an image or what. Ideas?

8 hours ago, Green Day In Seattle said:

I've been thinking about getting a Green Day tattoo, but I don't know what I want to get yet. I want it to be something meaningful to me, while also being subtle and only noticeable to GD fans. I don't know if I want it to be words or an image or what. Ideas?

It could be anything really, but what you describe is what I like about my Kerplunk flower. It seems basic but it’s cute and only GD fans recognize it for what it is. 

• Like 4

I feel like people get the same tattoos over and over, which is fine as long as you don't mind having a tattoo many other people have. If that's okay with you, then something like the Kerplunk flower or basically almost any art they've used except for the heartgrenade, which may be a lot more generally known than the rest is a way to go. If you'd like something original, you could think of a line that you like and have an artist draw an image based on it or come up with an image and then get that tattooed either with the lyric or withought.

• Like 1

^^Totally agree with this. If you're cool with having the same tattoo as others (flower, drunk bunny, hand grenade), nothing wrong with that, but I wanted mine more personalized to me.

On 8/20/2019 at 6:23 AM, pacejunkie punk said:

💚

Ha!

Its a good thing I’ll never do it but good looking out. I like the misheard lyric I’ve been saying since 04. Literally one of my fav lyrics and have been totally saying it wrong. What a disappointment. The other line works better.

The ones for my daughter are the ones I’m getting. I’m waiting for her to be older to finish off the film strip on the forearm. 

• Like 3

I need another Green Day tattoo fix. I already have the two skulls from 21st century breakdown. I know it's common but I'm craving having the heart grenade next. I was thinking of having it done with red and black and having it outlined in green.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Otávio Vidal said:

Hey there! I just got a tattoo of me singing Longview with Billie and I'm in love with it ♡

Wow ! Amazing!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...