Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
- You have less than a day left to submit your entry for the Karaoke Contest! Entries are due November 21st at 6:59PM Eastern Time (23:59 GMT).
- Green Day Chat & Green Day News subforums have been merged

Photo

Rugby Union

• Please log in to reply
707 replies to this topic

Alan86

Alan86
  • It's Ok, Im a Limo Driver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,975 rep
I know sexton fell on the ball and got a try but he is havin an absolute shocker with the boot. JESUS!!!!

Edit: ok he's scored another try but I stand by my original statement.

Alan86

Alan86

• 4,897 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,975 rep

Champions 2014 and on Paddys Weekend
Woooooooo :D

10013868_10152180839128953_971946990_n.j

1982202_670807472980332_1317528398_n.jpg

• DarrenDookie likes this

Alan86

Alan86

• 4,897 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,975 rep

Ah for fuck sake, how did this muppet get in on the celebrations?? :P

1920026_10152275104784914_761037882_n.jp

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,062 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,897 rep
Who is it?

Finn

Finn
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined Aug 12, 2013
  • 51 rep

Who is it?

Its an English football player who I don't know/care the name of. He has been photoshopped in though.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,062 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,897 rep

Its an English football player who I don't know/care the name of. He has been photoshopped in though.

Funnily enough I can tell he was photoshopped in. :P 

Alan86

Alan86

• 4,897 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,975 rep

its John Terry. A few years ago when Chelsea won the Champions League Terry was suspended for the game but he still got into his full kit after the game to celebrate chelsea winning the match, ever since he has been photoshopped into just about every sporting celebration, presidential victory, actors award cermony and Royal Wedding and always in his full Chelsea kit. :lol:

just look in this spoiler  

Spoiler

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,794 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,347 rep

So someone did an analysis of the English/Non-English player percentages in English clubs, with some fairly startling results. Quins seem to be the only club seriously pumping out the talent, although that shouldn't be surprising considering they supplying some of England's best internationals, plus they probably have the best coach in the Premiership. Not surprised by London Irish's appalling stats though, I guess people call them London Samoa for a reason :P

Bm4I8HJCEAAXp_Y.png

Also, what are people's views on the new European Cup system? Competition wise I think it turned out fairly well, with an actual element of tension being brought into the Rabo. Not mad about the splitting of TV rights though, the only people that's good for are BT and publicans.

Finally, Connacht managed to sign Mils Muliaina on a one year contract today. Massive signing for them, and he's hinted about staying on as backroom staff. Huge boost for them as they'll be pushing for European Rugby next season.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,062 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,897 rep

Pretty happy with the new European competition system. If it brings more money to the clubs, that is only a good thing as far as I am concerned. The game needs more money and easier access to viewers, and I think that's pretty much happened across the board. 

I can't say I'm surprised at those figures for the clubs with foreigners, but I can't say I think it's a particularly bad thing either. It'd be nice to see the English player percentages up closer to 70%, but a decent number of foreigners will be Welsh and Scottish, which isn't exactly a tragedy. The England policy of only selecting England-based players should be starting to seep into the clubs by now. At the end of the day though, most teams have a pretty good balance. I have no problem with up to 30% of players being internationals if it means you get players like Francois Louw, Niki Goneva or Jaques Burger who just have that X-factor and are a pleasure to watch. 

I'm nervous about next week's game. Bath vs Quins. Whoever wins that is in the playoffs. Whoever wins it, the final is more than likely to be Saracens Vs Northampton. Ideally it'd be Saracens vs Bath though - not just out of my loyalty, but for the England squad's first game against New Zealand. Bath contribute the fewest. It'd be nice having the Saint's lot (Hartley, Lawes, Wood, Burrell [especially if 36 is injured]), Quins boys (Mike Brown! Care, Robshaw) and Tigers bunch (Tuilagi, Parling, Cole - and Croft is back in full training) but realistically, the aforementioned setup is the most likely final. 

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,794 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,347 rep

Bumping the shite out of this.

First time NZ Womens have lost in the World Cup since 1991. Amazing result.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,062 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,897 rep

Worth the bump indeed. England 40 Ireland 7. 

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,794 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,347 rep

Worth the bump indeed. England 40 Ireland 7. 

Last I heard Ireland were leading 7-0. Ouch.

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,794 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,347 rep

Cracking day of rugby for the NH today. Great wins for Ireland, Italy, and Scotland, plus England and Wales came close. Still in shock after that Ireland win, thought for sure we'd get cheesed with 17 injuries, two fullbacks in the centres, and Rodney Ah You on the bench.

luv

luv
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts
  • Joined Feb 10, 2013
  • 603 rep

Cracking day of rugby for the NH today. Great wins for Ireland, Italy, and Scotland, plus England and Wales came close. Still in shock after that Ireland win, thought for sure we'd get cheesed with 17 injuries, two fullbacks in the centres, and Rodney Ah You on the bench.

Don't you mean australia won - believe me with the state of our team at the moment it should be celebrated

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• 17,794 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 20,347 rep

Don't you mean australia won - believe me with the state of our team at the moment it should be celebrated

plus England and Wales came close.

:P

You've got a great coach in Cheika though. He transformed Leinster from a flaky mid-table side into European champions. He's going to do great things with Australia.

• luv likes this

Advertising

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,547 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 3,217 rep
Yay Scotland

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,062 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,897 rep
Shame about England's result, but that Ireland game was fantastic. What a weekend of matches. Some incredible stuff to come this Autumn. Curious as to which South Africa - and England - turn up next week.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 7,062 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,897 rep

I've no problem admitting England are the second nation in the north behind Ireland. We lack precision. Our pack has proven itself better than New Zealand and South Africa's, our backs are leagues behind. Why? Distribution. It's 10. Ford has been knocking on Farrell's door for a year and now it is time to make that switch. Keep Care at 9, he's spiky. Keep Eastmond at 12, because he showed again today he can make breaks, tackle hard and distribute the ball like a badman.

Tuilagi at 13 will give us a cannon again - but Ford at 10 will bring the wings in. They were anonymous today. I saw May with the ball twice, Watson four times; who of which were from Farrell in front of a BreezeBok wall. Ben Morgan was the best 8 on the pitch today too. He needs to start at 8 and only come off if injured. 

I don't want to blame things on inexperience or injury (although I think the 600 cap difference has been the decider in crucial moments) because it is stupid mistakes professionals simply shouldn't be making that are costing games. Three point loses do not come about because of the winner's dominance, they happen because one team cleans up on their chances better than the other. Ultimately I think the World Cup is irrelevant at the moment because South Africa will have peaked, Australia will be on the rise again, and Ireland and England will have a whole bunch of class acts (hopefully) free of injury, but in the here and now if England need to pull up their socks and get much more creative and much more precise. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users