Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Rugby Union

• Please log in to reply
698 replies to this topic

Alan86

Alan86
  • It's Ok, Im a Limo Driver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,939 rep
I know sexton fell on the ball and got a try but he is havin an absolute shocker with the boot. JESUS!!!!

Edit: ok he's scored another try but I stand by my original statement.

Alan86

Alan86

• 4,858 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,939 rep

Champions 2014 and on Paddys Weekend
Woooooooo :D

10013868_10152180839128953_971946990_n.j

1982202_670807472980332_1317528398_n.jpg

• DarrenDookie likes this

Alan86

Alan86

• 4,858 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,939 rep

Ah for fuck sake, how did this muppet get in on the celebrations?? :P

1920026_10152275104784914_761037882_n.jp

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,613 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,309 rep
Who is it?

Finn

Finn
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Joined Aug 12, 2013
  • 51 rep

Who is it?

Its an English football player who I don't know/care the name of. He has been photoshopped in though.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,613 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,309 rep

Its an English football player who I don't know/care the name of. He has been photoshopped in though.

Funnily enough I can tell he was photoshopped in. :P 

Alan86

Alan86

• 4,858 posts
  • Joined Nov 16, 2005
  • 1,939 rep

its John Terry. A few years ago when Chelsea won the Champions League Terry was suspended for the game but he still got into his full kit after the game to celebrate chelsea winning the match, ever since he has been photoshopped into just about every sporting celebration, presidential victory, actors award cermony and Royal Wedding and always in his full Chelsea kit. :lol:

just look in this spoiler  

Spoiler

Céadóg

Céadóg
  • Fucking say it

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,714 posts
  • Joined Sep 11, 2012
  • 18,155 rep

So someone did an analysis of the English/Non-English player percentages in English clubs, with some fairly startling results. Quins seem to be the only club seriously pumping out the talent, although that shouldn't be surprising considering they supplying some of England's best internationals, plus they probably have the best coach in the Premiership. Not surprised by London Irish's appalling stats though, I guess people call them London Samoa for a reason :P

Bm4I8HJCEAAXp_Y.png

Also, what are people's views on the new European Cup system? Competition wise I think it turned out fairly well, with an actual element of tension being brought into the Rabo. Not mad about the splitting of TV rights though, the only people that's good for are BT and publicans.

Finally, Connacht managed to sign Mils Muliaina on a one year contract today. Massive signing for them, and he's hinted about staying on as backroom staff. Huge boost for them as they'll be pushing for European Rugby next season.

Comrade

Comrade
  • Razzamataz

• 6,613 posts
  • Joined Aug 31, 2008
  • 5,309 rep

Pretty happy with the new European competition system. If it brings more money to the clubs, that is only a good thing as far as I am concerned. The game needs more money and easier access to viewers, and I think that's pretty much happened across the board. 

I can't say I'm surprised at those figures for the clubs with foreigners, but I can't say I think it's a particularly bad thing either. It'd be nice to see the English player percentages up closer to 70%, but a decent number of foreigners will be Welsh and Scottish, which isn't exactly a tragedy. The England policy of only selecting England-based players should be starting to seep into the clubs by now. At the end of the day though, most teams have a pretty good balance. I have no problem with up to 30% of players being internationals if it means you get players like Francois Louw, Niki Goneva or Jaques Burger who just have that X-factor and are a pleasure to watch. 

I'm nervous about next week's game. Bath vs Quins. Whoever wins that is in the playoffs. Whoever wins it, the final is more than likely to be Saracens Vs Northampton. Ideally it'd be Saracens vs Bath though - not just out of my loyalty, but for the England squad's first game against New Zealand. Bath contribute the fewest. It'd be nice having the Saint's lot (Hartley, Lawes, Wood, Burrell [especially if 36 is injured]), Quins boys (Mike Brown! Care, Robshaw) and Tigers bunch (Tuilagi, Parling, Cole - and Croft is back in full training) but realistically, the aforementioned setup is the most likely final. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users