European Tour

Dori_Epiphone

:runaround::runaround::runaround:

Now I have to choice between this festival or the Mainsquare Festival (where 30STM plays at the same day :D )

I don't know to which I should go :sorry:

I'd always choose the "real" concert.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it starts at 8 because it's written on my ticket :P the opening band usually play an hour or so, and then GD :)

I didn't know that...but that must be a reason for this "delay". I think there are three possibilities:

1) they will play in Autumn, so it's too early to announce the dates

2) they will play Reading and Leeds and 3/4 normal concerts in June and July (between London and Rome and after the first French date)...maybe they are waiting for the Reading line-up to be revealed (early March?) before announcing the full tour. It's unlikely they will come to Europe just for Reading though

3) Reading and Leeds and then arena tour in September?

I want it to be 3rd Reading announcement now. Damn suspense.

I REALLY hope they play fuck time. That song seems so much fun to freak out to live :lol:

that's my only wish and they won't play Know your enemy.

I'm sure it starts at 8 because it's written on my ticket :P the opening band usually play an hour or so, and then GD :)

So it seems like that this won't be a festival but an open air concert of Green Day :runaround: with some opening/supporting bands

And so Green Day will probably play as long as in arenas ??? :creep:

But Why do they call it a Festival??

So it seems like that this won't be a festival but an open air concert of Green Day :runaround: with some opening/supporting bands

And so Green Day will probably play as long as in arenas ??? :creep:

But Why do they call it a Festival??

yep :) I don't know, but there are several bands playing every day for 7-10 days, not one after the other but one per day! There's a festival like this in Italy as well

Am I right in thinking that Bologna is the only arena show on this leg of the tour?

Yep I think it's the only one!

Btw, yesterday I had a mini heart while checking the tour section on the new IC...it says "July 28 Norrkoping" and I was like "WAIT is this a new date, maybe in Germany?!" but if you click on it it says "Bravalla festival", it's the festival in Sweden on June 28 :rolleyes:

Am I right in thinking that Bologna is the only arena show on this leg of the tour?

I think the russian dates are also in arenas.

I think the russian dates are also in arenas.

Ohh really? Well I guess Russia have waited a real long time for them ^_^

Yep I think it's the only one!

Btw, yesterday I had a mini heart while checking the tour section on the new IC...it says "July 28 Norrkoping" and I was like "WAIT is this a new date, maybe in Germany?!" but if you click on it it says "Bravalla festival", it's the festival in Sweden on June 28 :rolleyes:

They wrote July 28? That's weird.

I guess they decided to do Bologna in an arena to make up for the previous shows. I can't wait for it, the atmosphere is gonna be amazing :wub:

So the final Reading headliner will be announced on March 11...we'll see.

So the final Reading headliner will be announced on March 11...we'll see.

:runaround: I've also started creeping those forums for any better indication of Green Day playing

3) Reading and Leeds and then arena tour in September?

I have been suggesting that scenario for months. Fingers crossed it happens. Without the R/L gigs I think a UK arena tour will be next year.

As far as I know, you aren't allowed to play Reading and Leeds twice in two years. Not sure whether this applies Green Day though since their set was only a surprise one in 2012.

my understanding of that rule (since I live in Reading and go to the festival every year) is that it only applies to mainstage headliners. Bands like paramore and bloc party played 3 years in a row very high up, but not headlining. Since green day played a "secret" set last year at midday, they wernt headliners. So they could headline. Also in my opinion the people that book the acts for Reading dont have the widest imagination and I could totally see them booking Green Day as an easy choice after the success of the secret gig last year.

I was just looking on Gigs & Tours website and it looks like Green Day have released more General Admission tickets for Emirates Stadium. Can buy up to 6 at the moment!

I was just looking on Gigs & Tours website and it looks like Green Day have released more General Admission tickets for Emirates Stadium. Can buy up to 6 at the moment!

Excuse me while I just cry into my pillow.

Why the hell did I have to lose my job right when this happens, I could have gone! :( I hope they're still plentiful & not at a ridiculous price next week, get my last pay then.

[Edit] HAH I just checked the pricing, £55?! I seriously can't...

Oh my god Green Day please come back to the UK in 2014 to do a proper tour.

is really looking forward to this tour :D sooo cant wait but has anyone bought tickets for the one at the emirates in england from ticketmaster and have they arrived yet? i just want to know as i bought them last year :(

is really looking forward to this tour :D sooo cant wait but has anyone bought tickets for the one at the emirates in england from ticketmaster and have they arrived yet? i just want to know as i bought them last year :(

Haven't got mine yet, Still waiting...

So can't wait for this gig.

Yeah no one will have them yet, i think they said they will be printed and posted a few weeks before the show so it'll be a while yet...

... but it's getting closer :cool:

For all those who go to the Mainsqaure Festival in Arras or toto the Festival de Nimes which I prefer

Where do you sleep? Which Hotel? :sorry:

Are there trains or buses who drived at night/midnight?

So I don't think this has been posted before, but could it possible that Green Day play this new mini festival called Glasgow Summer Sessions? It's around the same time as Reading and Leeds and so would coincide with the suggestion that this could kick off the Uk tour. The first act was announced as Eminem, with support, at £60 suggesting that it would be a full set. Tickets sold out in a day. In an interview the organisers mentioned 'a rock act' being lined up. With an the size of Eminem, could it be Green Day? Or am I clutching at straws?

http://entertainment.stv.tv/music/211636-eminem-to-headline-new-glasgow-summer-sessions-at-bellahouston-park/

Which one of you guys is going to Pinkpop in the Netherlands? I'm still unsure whether to go there, or maybe Germany...

A guy wrote this in another thread, about the Australian tour

This is a tweet exchange between a fan and AJ Maddah, promoter of Soundwave Festival.

@CintaStahp: @iamnotshouting do you know anything about a green day Australian tour? :)

@iamnotshouting: @CintaStahp yeah. Was supposed to be next month. Now postponed to mid year.

Mid year...I don't really know what to think about the Reading festival rumour :ermm:

Is it just me who is really pissed off that there is currently only one tour date in the UK? I mean, I don't want to sound snobbish, but the UK is probably the second biggest country in the world for Green Day fans and they are only playing one date? Sure, they might announce some last minute stuff, but that's no good. I could have gone to the Shepherd's Bush show had they announced it like three months in advance, last minute stuff might be fun for them but it is no good for fans who have lives with plans for other things. I am certain there are thousands of fans around the UK who want to see Green Day currently waiting for some announcement of a show in the North of England or Scotland (or Ireland for that matter as London is the nearest for them). And what if the Emirates show is the only one planned? We'll all miss out.

So overall, I wish they would just reveal all the tour dates now and then we would know if we have to splash out on a trip to London, or can see them closer to home. Just some idea of their plans would be helpful.

I wish they would just reveal all the tour dates now and then we would know if we have to splash out on a trip to London, or can see them closer to home. Just some idea of their plans would be helpful.

Do you not think they would prefer to do that as well ? After reading the RS interview let us be lucky that Green Day will be doing any gigs. I think a mini UK tour is possible in the Autumn with or without R/L, otherwise we will get 'our' shows in 2014. Either way I have no doubt that Emirates will be epic and probably THE Green Day gig of the year.

Archived