Absolute Radio video interview with Billie Joe

desertrose

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tre's idea of having them girls go that far :lol:

Yeah XD.

Now people can't blame Bayer. "Oh, it's just Tre..."

The interviewer in fact seemed to rather enjoy talking about that video as well XD.

Good interview, though. I mean, it's just nice to see all of these clips coming out...

...Also, on a completely unrelated note... for UK people, what accent does that guy have? (Don't shoot me >_>.)

Yeah XD.

The interviewer in fact seemed to rather enjoy talking about that video as well XD.

yeah. I was telling people that the band comes up with the ideas not Sam.

Cool interview. Some new revelations about Oh Love video :lol:

Well yeah it did caught us off guard xD

I'm sure it was partly the band's idea, but I think Billie Joe was just referring to the increased levels of nudity being Tre's idea, not the entire concept itself :lol:

I'm sure it was partly the band's idea, but I think Billie Joe was just referring to the increased levels of nudity being Tre's idea, not the entire concept itself :lol:

Yeah he seemed to imply the idea was there but Tre was trying to push the envelope in terms of what they wear...

...bastard. :pinch:

See, these are interesting questions! unlike the interview Mike and Tré did earlier today

I feel like hearing Billie talk about the "Oh Love" video shoot releases a lot of the tension surrounding it....at least for me ( and no, I didn't mean "sexual tension" ;) )

I feel like hearing Billie talk about the "Oh Love" video shoot releases a lot of the tension surrounding it....at least for me ( and no, I didn't mean "sexual tension" ;) )

Yeah him being so chill about it definitely makes it more acceptable. xP.

Yeah him being so chill about it definitely makes it more acceptable. xP.

Is that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell.

If it was, and well, even if it wasn't, that wasn't exactly what I meant.....Just with all the arguments about where the idea came from and what the video was supposed to mean etc. It was nice to get some straight-forward discussion and answers. Of course, he totally threw Tre under the bus lol....But I like that he acknowledged that the video was a total curveball in terms of what people normally expect from them, and that they intentionally ramped up the silliness in order to make things *less* awkward and uncomfortable.

The way the interviewer framed the questions, he clearly was expecting Billie to give a typical horny "guy" answer about how awesome it was to be surrounded by naked chicks. And he didn't.

Seriously Billie, funniest video that Green Day ever made? Hahah. But I liked the part where they are talking about vid. :happy:

Nice interview, thank you for posting!

...Also, on a completely unrelated note... for UK people, what accent does that guy have? (Don't shoot me >_>.)

English, sorry that's all I can tell you, I recognise Scottish regions better than English.

Yeah XD.

I'm not actually even suprised that this is Tre Cools idea. :lol:

See, these are interesting questions! unlike the interview Mike and Tré did earlier today

I don't care if their questions weren't interesting, they were hilarious:) What did you expect when fans were suposed to ask questions, it wasn't not suposed to be interesting, it was suposed to be fun. I just think it was great to see them so happy and not so quiet.

Is that sarcasm? I honestly can't tell.

If it was, and well, even if it wasn't, that wasn't exactly what I meant.....Just with all the arguments about where the idea came from and what the video was supposed to mean etc. It was nice to get some straight-forward discussion and answers. Of course, he totally threw Tre under the bus lol....But I like that he acknowledged that the video was a total curveball in terms of what people normally expect from them, and that they intentionally ramped up the silliness in order to make things *less* awkward and uncomfortable.

The way the interviewer framed the questions, he clearly was expecting Billie to give a typical horny "guy" answer about how awesome it was to be surrounded by naked chicks. And he didn't.

No, it wasn't sarcasm. I didn't actually realize there was so much argument about where the idea came from. But I totally appreciated that he did not answer the way the interviewer was expecting.

The interviewer seemed to make a lot of assumptions in general actually. I mean, it isn't a unique thing; a lot of times that's what happens in interviews. Billie Joe likes to dodge those expectations, though...

No, it wasn't sarcasm. I didn't actually realize there was so much argument about where the idea came from. But I totally appreciated that he did not answer the way the interviewer was expecting.

The interviewer seemed to make a lot of assumptions in general actually. I mean, it isn't a unique thing; a lot of times that's what happens in interviews. Billie Joe likes to dodge those expectations, though...

Oh yes, the "Oh Love" video thread was (and, I imagine, still is....I stopped following it once it moved on to a second thread) an absolute wasteland of despair.

Is this on youtube per chance?

Not that I can find, they have a youtube channel though, hope they put it up soon

Is there a youtube link to this? I tried to watch it from the site a thounsand times but I can't because of my fucking-stupid-goddamn slow internet :pinch:

If somebody knows, please let me know.

Great! thanks for this, I love all this interviews and stuff we are getting. Didnt pay much attention to this in the last "era".

Is there a youtube link to this? I tried to watch it from the site a thounsand times but I can't because of my fucking-stupid-goddamn slow internet :pinch:

If somebody knows, please let me know.

finally I found a user from Argentina haha :)

its really nice that for a change the interviewer ask some interesting questions, and his answer totally great.

I couldn't watch this yet :( the damn video keeps cutting :pinch:

Is there a way to download it, or is on youtube?

Archived