HUGE news Monday AM (as per GreenDay tweet)

ChelseaDagger

If it's indeed a tour announcement, and if they announce opening bands, here's my educated bet that Wavves will be opening for them.

Please, please, please no Pop Disaster 2012. I couldn't imagine anything worse than Pop Disaster 2012.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone is getting excited for a Pop Disaster Tour 2012, realize that -- since it would undoubtedly be a co-headlining tour -- GD's set times would be cut drastically to accommodate blink. All of the super fun, nearly 3 hour Green Day shows we were spoiled with on the 21CB tour would no longer be possible.

If they announce a Pop Disaster Tour 2 with blink, I'm going to flat out blow my load right here in my pants.

If anyone is getting excited for a Pop Disaster Tour 2012, realize that -- since it would undoubtedly be a co-headlining tour -- GD's set times would be cut drastically to accommodate blink. All of the super fun, nearly 3 hour Green Day shows we were spoiled with on the 21CB tour would no longer be possible.

Say it aint so, I will not go.....well I actually will, but probably late to avoid Tom DeLonge's voice.

Say it aint so, I will not go.....well I actually will, but probably late to avoid Tom DeLonge's voice.

This! :lol:

I used to like blink, until I heard them perform live and realized they suck.

blink is still blink. I know it's easy to hate Tom and they're nothing special live, but blink is an amazing band. Don't be a debbie downer.

i actually wouldn't care if blink and green day did tour together.....

but now i hope they don't just so i dont have to hear half of the people on this forum bitch about it.

this wouldn't bother me at all. i love blink 182 and green day almost equally. i wouldn't want 3 hours of gd. i'd prefer 1.5 of each.

It's definately going to be a US tour announcement. I can't see them touring with blink at all, it wouldn't make sense. A band usually has to begin with their OWN headlining tour cycle to promote a new cd. Also, personally I think GD is way past the point in their career to be doing a co-headline tour with anyone really.

A US tour announcment would make the most sense, I think.

But I'm hoping for some more europe dates for next summer as well. I'm a control freak, I need to start planning!

If they announce a Pop Disaster Tour 2 with blink, I'm going to flat out blow my load right here in my pants.

Yeah, I'd love to pay 100 dollars for a ticket to see half of Green Day's usual set, who wouldn't?

My reaction to a Pop Disaster Tour - NEAT!

My reaction to a US Tour - BADASS!

I'm quite easy to please.

To everyone complaining Blink live is dreadful. Have to say seen them in July and they sounded pretty dam good. Obviously it would be a bit strange having Green Day do only half a show with 3 Albums coming out. But I think honestly Blink deserve a second chance. Hadn't seen them live before but had seen videos of terrible performances but seriously sounded pretty awesome the other night in quite a shitty venue.

I do not mind who supports Green Day provided they are only allocated a 30 min set and the gig starts at 6pm to give Green Day plenty of time to play before any local curfew laws apply, but they are just too good and too big to have anything other than a support band in an arena or stadium. It would be a great time to help an up and coming band to try to attract an audience and have the experience of playing in front of a load of total nutters. :happy: aka 21CB tour.

Recreating the Pop Disaster tour would be a good idea for the summer/pop festivals season but not otherwise for the reasons others have mentioned.

And while I am on; some have mentioned about groups not doing a tour and headlining festivals in the same year. I just happen to think that Green Day are one of the very few bands that are good enough and big enough (sorry for repeating myself but it needs saying twice) that eg Reading would love to have them headline even if in the middle of a tour. You just cannot get enough of them and everyone knows it.

P.S weekend crazy moment; house cleaning with my daughter to Green Day, self using the broom for air guitar and daughter on feather duster for mike.... and then the look on my wife's facce when she walks in. Hey we are getting the cleaning done !

Maybe they're giving Uno! Dos! Trè! copies free at passer-bys :P

Yeah, I'd love to pay 100 dollars for a ticket to see half of Green Day's usual set, who wouldn't?

Ask the countless thousands of people who saw the tour in 2002.

I'd love to see another 3-hour ridonkulous Green Day show, but the anti-blink spite is so ugly around here. I know it's a GD board obviously, but the negativity surrounding an exciting (and RARE, might I add) tour combo is such bullshit.

So you guys are still bashing Blink-182? Dammit...

Even though I'll probably not be able to go to any of the PDT's shows, I think it'd be to see them play together. Fuck me, right?

I know it's a GD board obviously, but the negativity surrounding an exciting (and RARE, might I add) tour combo is such bullshit.

It happened once already, therefore it's not rare. Besides, it's purely speculation at this point.

It happened once already, therefore it's not rare.

Both bands are active for at least 20 years and they only toured together ONCE. I think that's quite rare.

It happened once already, therefore it's not rare. Besides, it's purely speculation at this point.

Well of course it's speculation, but hypothetically if it did happen, it would only be the second time in these Bands 20+ years of existence that the two largest acts in pop-punk history shared a tour.

That's rare as hell.

But fuck blink, right?

Both bands are active for at least 20 years and they only toured together ONCE. I think that's quite rare.

Whatsuplucas knows whatsup.

Archived