Uno! to have "clean" version

BCap

It looks like there will indeed be an edited version of Uno! coming out. Walmart, Kmart, Best Buy, and Amazon are all listing the clean version (Walmart's is confusing - it says that it is an "edited version," but the product specifics claim it isn't), and Itunes is listing both explicit versions of the album and a version that has neither a "clean" label nor an "explicit" one (example: there are "clean" versions of Blink-182 albums on Itunes, but one of Rancid's albums [indestructible, I think] has both an explicit version and a version that is simply not labeled "explicit"). I'm confused why the band is doing this, given the whole controversy over 21CB. My guess is that, due to the fact that releasing three albums in such a short time frame, the band was forced to make an edited version so that more people will buy the albums (since, let's face it, some people will only buy one). I haven't seen any information on clean versions of Dos! or Tre! though, making this even stranger.

Also of note: Walmart is also listing a "Walmart exclusive" version of Uno! (which is also apparently edited).

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the label let them release 3 albums in such a short time, Green Day have to step back on some decisions and let the label do what it wants...

This is great news! Now I don't have to cover my ears every time they say naughty words!

but...but...but fuck walmart?

Not when you're releasing three albums at a time and need every sale you can get to justify that decision. Wal-Mart is America's second-biggest electronics retailer, and the largest overall. You can't shut that market (or Best Buy, for that matter) out.

I doubt anyone will buy the clean version to be honest ...

UNO is suppose to be dirty and fun :) not clean :lol:

OK I was in Walmart recently and they basically have half an aisle dedicated to CD sales now. I find it hard to believe people actually browse and buy music in physical form anymore, sad as it is. Unless they're going to have a huge display of just Uno to grab people's attentions, I really don't see the big deal. Most people are going to get it online anyway.

I'm willing to bet that the band will disown the clean version(s)/encourage people to not buy them. And maybe the boys wanted to release clean versions, just so that they could have everyone listen to inappropriate things... after all, if you remove the swear words and ONLY the swear words, then you still have a bunch of stuff left that's really inappropriate for kids.

The band doesn't care about kids listening to their music and stuff.They write music for themselves and whatever inspires them.They don't write it for 5 year old boys and girls.

Also I don't understand why you all care so much about having a "clean" version.Except from the fact that the whole clean thing is very hypocritical on it's own why do you care if they release a version without the swear words?We will all get the uncensored one and the only reason the label does that is to be able to sell the albums to other companies who refuse to sell them.

As long as I can still get the unedited version, I really don't give a fuck.

I bought 21st Century Breakdown in Walmart when it came out so I'm sure I'll be able to go get an unedited version of Uno.

It still fucking sucks I have to buy physical CDs at Walmart, though.

What I want to know is if the clean versions come with like, edited lyric booklets? Cuz that'd be pretty funny if a 10-year-old kid was listening to "It's Fun Time" and had the Fuck Time lyrics on hand.

Clean version? Without dirty and fun words? It will lost all fucking magic an fucking point. :lol:

I bought 21st Century Breakdown in Walmart when it came out so I'm sure I'll be able to go get an unedited version of Uno.

It still fucking sucks I have to buy physical CDs at Walmart, though.

I didn't know they actually sold it in Walmart.

Also can't you buy the uncensored from somewhere else?

This is good news for younger fans whose parents won't let them have CDs with loads of swearing (which is fair enough, if I had a kid I'm not sure I'd be super keen to let them listen to Kill the DJ).

Not a big deal, it should increase sales to concerned parents buying it for children and it's just censoring dirty words.

It's worse when it's censoring songs that are trying to send a message, express a political viewpoint, because at that point censoring the dirty words feels like censoring your political opinion. So I understand why they'd disagree with it for 21CB and allow it now.

I often think people here should tone down the "fuck walmart, fuck apple, fuck facebook, because green day said so" attitude.

If you really want to let them influence you think about why they voice negative opinions of something, think about if you agree with it, then voice your opinion because you thought it through and agree with it, not just because you heard Green Day say it.

lol i dont really care, but who would even want to buy this? why does there even have to be a clean version? i wont buy the clean.

edit: okay parents maybe dont want their kids to hear the words.. heheh

I didn't know they actually sold it in Walmart.

Also can't you buy the uncensored from somewhere else?

Maybe it was because I live in a small town in Canada, but I remember going to Walmart and seeing like a big cut-out thing of Christian and Gloria and they were selling the CD. There is no where else to buy CDs around where I live anymore, it might be in Futureshop but I'm not even sure they still get new releases. Green Day are pretty big though so who knows.

Maybe it was because I live in a small town in Canada, but I remember going to Walmart and seeing like a big cut-out thing of Christian and Gloria and they were selling the CD. There is no where else to buy CDs around where I live anymore, it might be in Futureshop but I'm not even sure they still get new releases. Green Day are pretty big though so who knows.

Oh I see...I used to live in a really small town here and I had to wait for a moth or something till our little CD shop got the cds.

I remember back in 2009 when I had no internet and waited until June to hear 21CB :lol:

i suppose i understand why they would have a clean version. i know i personally wouldn't buy it, but i wonder how many people will, like if it is really worth it for the record label to make two different versions of the albums

On the upside, clean versions are a gateway drug for the good stuff. I say, have at it, kiddos!

The clean version makes me laugh.

I would really like it if there was a "It's Fun Time" though...that should be interesting. :lol:

I probably won't buy it, I already pre-ordered the box set anyways. I don't care too much for the clean versions of anything. :lol:

I'm sure the clean version of the album is for the mum who wrote Billie Joe a letter, that lead to "Reject." Everyone else will buy the explicit ones ;)

So does that mean Dos and Tre will have clean versions? Making a clean version of Fuck Time wouldn't do anything. It's still really inappropriate without the fucks

Archived