Lady Cobra and Nightlife (feat. Lady Cobra)

iRun

Yeah its like that stuff we get to hear when we goto parties and clubs. Well its gonna be a rad !

Maybe he did, I dont remember reading an interview where he said that :/

I'll try to find out where that was said !

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loving Lady Cobra, very upbeat and 60s and Foxboro, and it's just all kind of great. I seriously hope they play this one live a lot because I can definitely see it being a big live hit with everyone dancing.

Nightlife... I actually burst out laughing because it's just so ridiculously un-Green Day sounding. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but it's just completely unlike anything they've ever done before. I actually really quite like Lady Cobra's part - it's pretty much what I was expecting when they said 'rap', but it's just so different I'll be taking a few listens to get used to it I think.

If anything, Nightlife reminds me of the Transplants - it's the sort of smooth RnB sound with a familiar Armstrong voice and then random rap thrown in over the top.

I'll try to find out where that was said !

okay, thanks :)

Loving Lady Cobra, very upbeat and 60s and Foxboro, and it's just all kind of great. I seriously hope they play this one live a lot because I can definitely see it being a big live hit with everyone dancing.

Nightlife... I actually burst out laughing because it's just so ridiculously un-Green Day sounding. It's not bad, don't get me wrong, but it's just completely unlike anything they've ever done before. I actually really quite like Lady Cobra's part - it's pretty much what I was expecting when they said 'rap', but it's just so different I'll be taking a few listens to get used to it I think.

If anything, Nightlife reminds me of the Transplants - it's the sort of smooth RnB sound with a familiar Armstrong voice and then random rap thrown in over the top.

yeah they are trying things that they never did before ! Who plays snippets to so many songs on a live radio broadcast? :woot: last night was awesome ! The rap part is good. Its not as bad as some people were expecting it to be ! I'm loving it.

Rap is rhythmic talking over a beat. Did you expect "yo homie, straight outta compton" type rap? :P

I know what rap sounds like, this is not it.

I know what rap sounds like, this is not it.

I know this isn't your standard rap, but it is indeed rap.

Doing something like Nightlife is kind of risky, but that's what great bands do: they take risks.

The results are great here. I love it.

I'd certainly call it rap...

That's like saying Flo Rida is rap....

It's certainly more kind of pop than rap, it's kind of like this sort of style:

Doing something like Nightlife is kind of risky, but that's what great bands do: they take risks.

The results are great here. I love it.

Now all they need to do is a reggae song :P

That's like saying Flo Rida is rap....

It's like saying rap is rap. Nothing wrong with it, it works. But it's rap, haha.

DOS is definitely going to be one wild trip.

It's like saying rap is rap. Nothing wrong with it, it works. But it's rap, haha.

DOS is definitely going to be one wild trip.

I have a feeling !UNO! will be the best selling of the three, but the worst received one of the bunch.

I'd certainly call it rap...

I know this isn't your standard rap, but it is indeed rap.

It sounds like whisper singing to me, not anything like rap. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

I have a feeling !UNO! will be the best selling of the three, but the worst received and the most looked over.

That'll probably be the case, yeah. I think UNO has quite a few kickass jams, though.

It sounds like whisper singing to me, not anything like rap. We'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

We don't accept the word "like" in these parts...

You either love it or you hate it, like Prometheus.

Choose your side!

We don't accept the word "like" in these parts...

You either love it or you hate it, like Prometheus.

Choose your side!

dafuq? -___-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw8NUAmQqKM

....Just... I, I don't know what to say...

Hey, that would be pretty badass. Maybe it's just me though, I love all forms of music.

That'll probably be the case, yeah. I think UNO has quite a few kickass jams, though.

It does, but it's plagued by some duds. *cough* Carpe Diem*.

At least the studio version of Carpe Diem, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqL_D0d6JRU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxLjGzi-QWg

Same vocal effect. :/

Deal!

You've already compared the vocal effects and they aren't even the same.

You've already compared the vocal effects and they aren't even the same.

Yes they are! Shut up! Yes they are!

Because I said so!

my brain is fucking melting, it's not supposed to like rap... but nightlife oh baby baby new favorite song

Quoted because this gave me laughs and happy feelings. :happy:

I'm enamored with Lady Cobra's parts in Nightlife. I can imagine myself walking around randomly singing those verses and weirding people out. :lol:

Archived