Lady Cobra and Nightlife (feat. Lady Cobra)

iRun

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought about that but it doesn't really make sense.

Haunt can be another word for a hangout.

Billie:

Taking a ride to my old haunt

She's in my blood

I reside in my nightlife

My favorite color is candy apple girl

And she resides in my mind

and my nightlife

Lady Cobra:

What's that I hear?

You wanna go for a ride?

Aw don't be afraid boy to come inside

I got the thing that you want

The fix that you need

And lace this with a little lust and greed

I'll be the little devil on your shoulder saying

"Hey boy come on" while my black heart beats

Operator operatorgot your boy in

This is nightlife and I'll get under your skin

Billie:

Taking a ride to my old haunt

She's in my blood

I reside in my nightlife

My favorite color is candy apple girl

And she resides in my mind

and my nightlife

Lady Cobra:

heart beat fast

Sounds like love but you know it won't last

Cheap champagne stain on an even cheaper suit

Hope there's more in your pants than a bus route

for late last calls

This town is full of snakes, steaks and whiskey shakes

Billie:

as I start rolling into town

Is it me, or am I going crazy?

This dirty city is my sugar town

My little angel of death is my nightlife

anything underlined is guessing or I just don't know

Lady Cobra sounded great, I'm only going to listen once to these non singles though. Nightlife was really meh, I can get used to it on the album but... meh.

The surprising thing is I disliked Billie's vocals, not the guest singer/rapper. The effect on his voice is really off-putting. I actually really liked the rapping itself, which I didn't expect

Anyone else thinks this is the song they were talking about in the studio updates where billie said "i want it to feel like the side of your ears are being crushed in with low end but then also a poprocks sound", that's kind of what his vocals sounded like to me, like my ears were being crushed in because of how sharp they were with all the effects and static on them. (i don't really know what a poprocks sound is)

On the idiot club's site, it is revealed in the captions for this video which song they are referring to that has the "poprocks and low end", and while I doubt I'm able to say what the song is for legal reasons, I can say that it is not Nightlife.

I'm not the biggest fan of this, but I anticipated it and it's not horrible. It'll probably grow on me.

On the idiot club's site, it is revealed in the captions for this video which song they are referring to that has the "poprocks and low end", and while I doubt I'm able to say what the song is for legal reasons, I can say that it is not Nightlife.

lol what? Have you listened to the albums or something?

lol what? Have you listened to the albums or something?

I wish :S

Basically, they have the teaser videos that green day have been leaking since february, but with liner notes added (or captions), sometimes saying which song is being worked on, or the circumstances surrounding the recording.

omg I think Dos is going to be my favorite album. This song is KILLER

edit: I actually was referring to the song they played before Nightlife, whatever the hell that song is it's perfect.

Every song they playedtoday made my day. I can't believe that their 40 years old and pulling these tunes outta their asses its amazing. When's the last time you could say that for a band? Rolling Stones? NO. Adicts? NO. Green Day? F*CK YES.

Every song they playedtoday made my day. I can't believe that their 40 years old and pulling these tunes outta their asses its amazing. When's the last time you could say that for a band? Rolling Stones? NO. Adicts? NO. Green Day? F*CK YES.

Radiohead. No two songs of their's sound even remotely alike, even the B-sides.

I'm amazed and stunned. These previews revived me from the near-fatal boredom inflicted by that awful video and repetitve disco song last week. Fuck with my head, PLEASE!

lol yet also srsly

Both of these songs are awesome!! Nightlife is waaay better than I thought it would be. :) I cant wait till all of the albums come out!

I like Nightlife except for that effect on Billie's voice that kind of makes it sound scratchy and loud? idk, it kind of hurts my ears! Like, I'm OK with it until he says certain syllables and then ... uh, yeah. I'm totally intrigued by the song, though!

Do you think Billie wrote Lady Cobra's part?

He probably wrote most of it, then let her do what she felt was needed to make it her style ya know?

There are not just 2 new Songs, there was Fell for you, carpe diem, Makeout Party, It´s fuck time, Stray Heart..

There are not just 2 new Songs, there was Fell for you, carpe diem, Makeout Party, It´s fuck time, Stray Heart..

I'm aware, these are just the ones that had a longer play time.

Yeah, but this is the thread for these two specific songs. Crazy we'd talk about them eh? :lol:

They also played Carpe Diem! Tears.

I love Lady Cobra, song not the person.

I love this new "sexual tension" era.

Guest emmylove

I hear nothing resembling rap on Nightlife.

Rap is rhythmic talking over a beat. Did you expect "yo homie, straight outta compton" type rap? :P I'm not a fan of Billie's vocals on a lot of these songs but the effect actually fits for this kind of song. But other than that, I think Nightlife is an awesome song with great groove and will be great to drive to as well :)

Archived