Lady Cobra and Nightlife (feat. Lady Cobra)

iRun

Aww well, I must say i didnt like nightlife at all. The fact that there's another voice besides Billie's is not my thing.

Guess you must not like Dominated Love Slave, Govenator, Homecoming, Letterbomb and American Eulogy, because those all include voices that aren't Billie's :P

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it hard to believe that people actually expected the song to be like "yo yo bitch nigga yo" or something like that. This eerie, soft kind of rap works well and sounds fresh. That weird effect on Billie's voice is very offputting though. It's almost painful to listen to. :lol:

I really liked Nightlife, waaay more than I thought I would. And Lady Cobra sounds like White Stripes, but it's pretty awesome.

I thought they were both brilliant. I had a really good feeling about Nightlife and it hasn't disappointed. And Lady Cobra just fucking rocks.

It's almost a psychedelic/garage rap song, if there was such a genre. I think I like it, it adds more diversity to the albums.

As for the song lady cobra, just Wow!. That really blew my mind. Even the DJ wanted to hear it all the way through. It's so full of rock and roll energy!

Lady Cobra sounds like White Stripes, but so it's pretty awesome.

FTFY

I was looking forward to the reaction to this song more than any just because of how narrow minded some people are on here in the Other Bands bit when it comes to rap music.

I find it hard to believe that people actually expected the song to be like "yo yo bitch nigga yo" or something like that. This eerie, soft kind of rap works well and sounds fresh. That weird effect on Billie's voice is very offputting though. It's almost painful to listen to. :lol:

I'd LOVE to hear Billie say nigga. He did say niggers, but not nigga.

Oh, and white people, they're two completely different terms.

One's an offensive and oppressive term, while the other is a synonym for the word bro.

The more you know...

These clips are reaffirming my hunch that Dos will be my favorite of the trilogy. :D Well done, boys.

Guess you must not like Dominated Love Slave, Govenator, Homecoming, Letterbomb and American Eulogy, because those all include voices that aren't Billie's :P

Hahaha that came out wrong! I meant a non green day voice!

I really liked Nightlife, waaay more than I thought I would. And Lady Cobra sounds like White Stripes, but it's pretty awesome.

Now that's exciting! :D

(I'm going to listen to it when the Radio 1 interview finishes downloading... *waits patiently*)

I will put Kill the DJ and Nightlife in it's own classification that I will call Experimental. Lady Cobra sounds something the FBHT 's would do

Hahaha that came out wrong! I meant a non green day voice!

Letterbomb still contains a non-Green Day voice.

HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

They didn't get to play anything off !TRE! though.

I'd rather have heard X-Kid than Wild One...again.

I'd LOVE to hear Billie say nigga. He did say niggers, but not nigga.

Oh, and white people, they're two completely different terms.

One's an offensive and oppressive term, while the other is a synonym for the word bro.

The more you know...

I can say nigger, it's cool, I know this one black guy. No worries.

Oh God, you're not one of those "Rap isn't music because it doesn't require talent!" type of people are you?

No, I'm not. I just usually don't like rap music.

I can say nigger, it's cool, I know this one black guy. No worries.

Yeah I can say nigger too. My best slave is black!

Hahahahahaha. Oh, politically incorrect jokes are the best!

Yes, I told that joke to my black friends, and they laughed. The only one that was up in arms about it was the white one.

Stupid honkeys.

Yeah I can say nigger too. My best slave is black!

Hahahahahaha. Oh, politically incorrect jokes are the best!

Yes, I told that joke to my black friends, and they laughed. The only one that was up in arms about it was the white one.

Stupid honkeys.

This is getting out of hand.

you actually have black friends?!

I find it kinda funny that the song before Nightlife is almost the polar opposite. Just goes to show that GD really are in a creative kick. Dos is gonna kick ass! :happy:

I really like Nightlife! :D Lady Cobra sounds great in it. I don't have an issue with rap anyway, and I quite like girl rappers, anything with a great beat and I'm all ears! That slow, groovy vibe in the song is brilliant, I looove the bass!

..Do I hear electronic drums?

Letterbomb still contains a non-Green Day voice.

HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

They didn't get to play anything off !TRE! though.

I'd rather have heard X-Kid than Wild One...again.

I wanted to hear xkid pretty bad.

This is getting out of hand.

you actually have black friends?!

I find it kinda funny that the song before Nightlife is almost the polar opposite. Just goes to show that GD really are in a creative kick. Dos is gonna kick ass! :happy:

Hell yeah I got black friends! I'm basically the only white kid at my school who doesn't wear skinny jeans, tight shirts, and converses/vans. Loose jeans, addias/Nikes, and fitted shirts are my thang! And yeah, !DOS! seems like it'll be more dynamic than !UNO!

Is Lady Kobra about............................................................................ friend-zoning?

Hell yeah I got black friends! I'm basically the only white kid at my school who doesn't wear skinny jeans, tight shirts, and converses/vans. Loose jeans, addias/Nikes, and fitted shirts are my thang! And yeah, !DOS! seems like it'll be more dynamic than !UNO!

Stop fucking spying on me.

I wonder if Nightlife will be a single. I think it'd get airplay, but people would probably hate it too much because it's so different.

Archived