Lady Cobra and Nightlife (feat. Lady Cobra)

iRun

Lady Cobra live would be amazing!!!

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point she made is true though, they are a band for teenagers. As for insulting Green Day's music, why should anyone care? They're not holy or anything. Insult anyone in the world's music for all I care. No point in fan forums if everyone just says this stuff is great, why can we not have people who loved earlier stuff but think the new stuff is "ear-puke"? Relentless positivity does not make for interesting conversations.

Yeah, I agree with that but she doesn't need to say it's ear-puke. She can say anything she wants in a more polite way and no one will complain.

And yeah, Lady Cobra live would be cool but for an opening I'd sather have Avenged Sevenfold or Simple Plan. Though I probably should look more into Mystic Knights of the Cobra, maybe I like them.

He is a great guitar player, and he rarely uses his skills, but here he is showcasing them even less than usual.

I just want to congratulate you for being the FIRST person to say that the new songs showcase Billie's guitar playing abilities even LESS than usual. Do you not hear all the blues solos in like every single new song? Billie has NEVER played solos like that outside of 1039 and live shows. So I really think that that comment of yours couldn't be further from the truth. That being said, I actually enjoyed reading your post about why you don't like the news songs. I couldn't disagree with you more, but at least now I know where you're coming from.

I'm sorry for saying something that might have been said before and we all know for sure, but I just had to "speak it out" now: Doesn't matter which band, they all have the same problem. Either they change and develop their style.. or they don't. And if they do so, a lot of people will dislike the new music. They got into the band while their music was different, so they really don't have to like the new songs, it's understandable if they don't. Of course it's great to see how many people still get used to the band's experiments and even get to like it. That's not the case for everyone, though. Oh and if the band doesn't change, hundreds of people will complain about the songs, which, of course, always sound "the same". You'll find a lot of similarities here. So whatever the band does, not all fans are going to like it. It's hard to strike a balance between remaining the same and changing your style. But in my opinion, Green Day have always been good at finding the happy medium, at least nearly. I think they've always stayed true to themselves, which might be most important. Still they've always tried to develop their sound, to take the right kind of risks but not to overdo it. After all, it's impossible to please everyone, to fulfill everyone's wishes or whatever.

This post might be senseless and unnecessary - I just wanted to point out that it's normal fans like or don't like what a band does. Everyone's allowed to express their opinion, even though people who do so shouldn't exaggerate and be abusive about it. But if they aren't, please, let them have their opinion and their own thoughts. What a boring world would we live in if everyone had the same taste in everything? So yeah. Don't be mad at people who like or dislike the new stuff only because you might have a different opinion. :)

I agree 100%. What I feel like I have to add though is that there's a way to state your opinion that will make you seem intelligent and logical. It's as easy as saying, "I don't like this because..." or, "I really like this because..." When you just say, "this sucks, I hate it, Green Day sucks" you aren't really giving any valid points. It just seems like trolling at that point. I don't think that ANYBODY here is opposed to having an intelligent discussion with people who have a differing opinion. But when you say something as if it's fact, then you should expect some backlash.

I agree 100%. What I feel like I have to add though is that there's a way to state your opinion that will make you seem intelligent and logical. It's as easy as saying, "I don't like this because..." or, "I really like this because..." When you just say, "this sucks, I hate it, Green Day sucks" you aren't really giving any valid points. It just seems like trolling at that point. I don't think that ANYBODY here is opposed to having an intelligent discussion with people who have a differing opinion. But when you say something as if it's fact, then you should expect some backlash.

Yeah, that's right. It always depends on how you're saying / writing it. If you call someone an asshole, you probably should expect him / her to bash back whether it's just your opinion or not :lol:

LOL it's so funny you say that because he is quite the opposite. LOL no offense phslaxmidi10, but you do kind of remind me a little bit of a Kelsy Grammer intelligent type dude, where everything is understated but you will run people over with your wit. lol

I would NEVER take offense to that...Fraiser was an awesome show! Haha. I just think it's funny that I'm always grammatically correct, use proper punctuation, well-formed sentences, etc. and I get called stupid and immature. Lol. Most of these people don't know that I attended the most difficult university in the country to get into (and spent two years there) and also got accepted into Yale, but decided to turn that one down. Looking back, I should've gone there instead. Lol!

Teeny-bopper music? Really?

Justin Bieber is teeny-bopper music.

Green Day is good music, that young teens have access to, because they are big enough to be played on the radio with some frequency, and come to like. But it is definitely not teeny-bopper music. It has always been music that, for the most part, has a lot of relevance in the lives of teens, and punk and all of its cousins in general always have had their greatest numbers in teenagers, because it expresses many of the sorts of feelings associated with that age group. But the writing has always been supremely relevant to the band, and as they get older, that relevance will begin to have less and less in common with the average teenager. That they are skilled and talented enough to keep the relationship on for as long as they have, is impressive. But they are not fake, or fronting, the music is sometimes straight up down and dirty, and about as unapologetic as it could get. The average twelve-year-old's parents can not get behind this kind of music. Just because twelve year olds have access to computers to start talking about their new favorite band, does not mean that the band is for twelve-year-olds.

Lady Cobra is a great song live, i dont think i can wait couple months to have this song blaring from my speakers!!!

Green Day is good music, that young teens have access to, because they are big enough to be played on the radio with some frequency, and come to like. But it is definitely not teeny-bopper music. It has always been music that, for the most part, has a lot of relevance in the lives of teens, and punk and all of its cousins in general always have had their greatest numbers in teenagers, because it expresses many of the sorts of feelings associated with that age group. But the writing has always been supremely relevant to the band, and as they get older, that relevance will begin to have less and less in common with the average teenager. That they are skilled and talented enough to keep the relationship on for as long as they have, is impressive. But they are not fake, or fronting, the music is sometimes straight up down and dirty, and about as unapologetic as it could get. The average twelve-year-old's parents can not get behind this kind of music. Just because twelve year olds have access to computers to start talking about their new favorite band, does not mean that the band is for twelve-year-olds.

^^THIS!!

Full disclosure...Green Day became my favorite band in 1995, when I was 9 years old, right after Insomniac came out. I grew up listening to the oldies and really liked Insomniac because they swore a lot in it. As a 9 year old, there was something raw, different, and wrong about hearing the word "fuck" that many times in school without my parents knowing. So Green Day became my favorite band when I was 9 because they said "fuck" a lot. 17 years later they are still my favorite band and I have truly come to love their music for reasons beyond the foul language. I now see their music for the lyrical depth, catchy choruses, and awesome sounds that come out of it...not just for the "naughtiness." But without those constant "fucks" in Insomniac, I don't know if I ever would've become hooked on their music.

Based on the live video of Lady Cobra from London, it looks like it might only be a 2-minute song... SO jam packed! Can't complain.

About the vocal effects on Nightlife... the first time I listened to it I was like "Ugh, whyyyy" but then upon further listenings it reminded me of their Quick One cover, particularly the "engine driver" part. It sucks you in. Haunting is a great way to describe it.

Nightlife... it's like zombie punk rap. Also the kind of song that perhaps I should get high and listen to. You sort of go into a trance listening to Billie's parts, and Lady Cobra's parts bring you out of it.

Actually, 12 year olds don't usually care about music at all.

Based on the live video of Lady Cobra from London, it looks like it might only be a 2-minute song... SO jam packed! Can't complain.

About the vocal effects on Nightlife... the first time I listened to it I was like "Ugh, whyyyy" but then upon further listenings it reminded me of their Quick One cover, particularly the "engine driver" part. It sucks you in. Haunting is a great way to describe it.

Nightlife... it's like zombie punk rap. Also the kind of song that perhaps I should get high and listen to. You sort of go into a trance listening to Billie's parts, and Lady Cobra's parts bring you out of it.

Zombie. that was the word I was missing when I was trying to describe what I felt about the song. I already feel high when I listen to it :lol:

I really don't even smoke and I want to blaze to Nightlife! Lol

Where did you see that live video of Lady Cobra?

It isn't live, it's a snippet of the studio versions

It isn't live, it's a snippet of the studio versions

I'm aware of this clip, but I was just asking because:

I'm aware of this clip, but I was just asking because:

Maybe they played it last night !

This is what I'm thinking. Heather's post made it seem like she's watched a video from the show last night, so this is what I am curious about!

They did play it last night and it was fucking awesome :D

The video is in the thread for that show. 2nd last post on this page

Yar man. So good live.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8tGdFJsnqQ&feature=player_embedded

I'm not sure if I wanna watch this. I promised myself I wont watch any live footage from the London show.

But Oh wait ! We almost got the full song on radio ! Maybe I can watch this ;)

Actually, 12 year olds don't usually care about music at all.

I've always loved music, and when I was 12 was when I was really starting to come into my own in terms of musical tastes. (I switched from The Backstreet Boys and N*SYNC and started listening to the alternative station... where I first heard Green Day although I didn't realize yet how awesome they were). 12 is a very important age for music development for most kids. it's a way to start identifying yourself as an individual (though there are inevitably always a few missteps).

It's too bad they wouldn't likely be able to do Nightlife live; although maybe Lady Cobra will show up at one or two shows and give them a hand...

Yar man. So good live.

Totally unrelated, but is there blood on his arm/what is on his arm there? (Did not play the video; just looking at the frame pic of it)

I've always loved music, and when I was 12 was when I was really starting to come into my own in terms of musical tastes. (I switched from The Backstreet Boys and N*SYNC and started listening to the alternative station... where I first heard Green Day although I didn't realize yet how awesome they were). 12 is a very important age for music development for most kids. it's a way to start identifying yourself as an individual (though there are inevitably always a few missteps).

It's too bad they wouldn't likely be able to do Nightlife live; although maybe Lady Cobra will show up at one or two shows and give them a hand...

Totally unrelated, but is there blood on his arm/what is on his arm there? (Did not play the video; just looking at the frame pic of it)

lol I liked Spice Girls instead of BSB. Still like them :P I actually started now, discovering Green Day and today I discovered I like Avenged Sevenfold, Simple Plan and My Chemical Romance too.

Are you talking about the microphone stand's shadow? :P

Hmmm..... anyone notice? In Lady Cobra, the repeating lyric is "I just wanna be your friend". Then we get "my angel of death is my nightlife" in Nightlife....and then, to close out Dos, we get Amy -- with (if the lyrics haven't changed much since the song's secret show previews) the repeating lyric "Do you wanna be a friend of mine?" There's some deep, deep, DEEP shit going on here, where, I think Billie may be lyrically connecting himself, his past, or maybe even his future to Amy Winehouse's experiences. Gotta wait for the official lyric sheet and the full tracks to sort it out, but this sequence of Dos songs is gonna make for one hell of a SOTW thread.

Archived