Lady Cobra and Nightlife (feat. Lady Cobra)

iRun

I'm a fan of both songs. Lady Cobra reluctantly, because the riff felt a bit 'dumb' to me, but combined with BJA's singing it won me over eventually. Love everything about Nightlife.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really enjoyed Nightlife actually.

Reminded me quite a bit of Down in Oakland by the Transplants.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone should check out the Beatles!! Green Day (who I love by the way) are very much Beatleesque, a lot of the music reminds me of Beatles songs, and Billie Joe, much like Lennon and McCartney, is a totally mind blowing lyricist and his melodies are freaking awesome. But, alot of them can be traced back to the Beatles, so check them out if you have never listened to them, they were way ahead of their time.

Lady Cobra turns me on. She's a fucking babe.

Everyone should check out the Beatles!! Green Day (who I love by the way) are very much Beatleesque, a lot of the music reminds me of Beatles songs, and Billie Joe, much like Lennon and McCartney, is a totally mind blowing lyricist and his melodies are freaking awesome. But, alot of them can be traced back to the Beatles, so check them out if you have never listened to them, they were way ahead of their time.

Beatles who? I'm not really updated on what the kids listen to nowadays... Is it one of those dubstep groups?

Well, now that iDos! is out... I heard a lot of bad reviews in terms of Lady Cobra and Nightlife. To be honest, I really didn't think they were to terribly bad, not a favorite, but they were still alright. I found them both to be quite catchy, and a little different, but it seems people don't like change.

The baseline in Nightlife was pretty fucking tank as well.

Shit, I think I just contributed to a necro bump....

Love Billie's voice in Nightlife, that chorus is so haunting.

I have to agree on that!

My opinion is, "Lady Cobra" is a good song but one of the song I like the least on the album. I might start to appreciate it later, to finish by loving it like it happened with "Loss Of Control" fron UNO! for instance.

About "Nightlife".. The beat is good, the lyrics r fun and I love BJ's voice on it. I also have to admit that Lady Cobra's voice fits the song perfeclty. So, I like it, just don't love it like I do with the rest of the album.

Guest Honey Emerald

My response to Nightlife:

Neutral is such an awesome gear :) There are youtube videos on what to do when your brakes fail.

My favorite line from Nightlife: "This dirty city is my sugar town; my little angel of death is my nightlife."

Is so dark, gritty and seductive, and I like the way Billie says "sugar", hah. The bassline and guitars sound western-y to me, almost. Nightlife to me is pretty straightforward, temptation and the dirty bar scene and all that. I really enjoyed it when I first heard it and love it more with each listen.

Lady Cobra actually took some getting used to, but now I can appreciate it. "She just wants to get me high, stick a needle in my eye." I think the voodoo/sorcery imagery is rather fitting because it follows the theme of manipulation and the simultaneous fascination and fear with this snake woman, of sorts.

Love it all.

I don't know why, but I did NOT like this song at all the first time I heard it. I was jogging and literally came to a dead stop and said "WTF is this crap?" It was just SO different it was shocking to me. I skipped it and gave it another chance later and after repeated listens, it's really grown on me. Actually most of both albums so far have been like that with me. Normally new Green Day stuff slaps me in the face and gets my attention. I don't stop listening to it for months. Not so much this time around. I'm not sure why.

The creepy atmosphere of Nightlife sometimes reminds me of "Hotel California": you can check out any time you like but you can never leave... it´s somewhat threatening... and Nightlife doesn´t even allow the option to check out... creepy... And Lady Cobra is the starter, like Shelob she ist waiting for her chance to inject her poison...

Archived