Lady Cobra and Nightlife (feat. Lady Cobra)

iRun

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome!!!! Very Foxboro-y. This song is gonna be killer live :runaround:

Thanks for sharing!!

Not gonna listen, but how is it? Is the "Green Day Rap" as bad as some of us had feared?

Not gonna listen, but how is it? Is the "Green Day Rap" as bad as some of us had feared?

No need to fear. It is pretty awesome!

I like it. They didn't try to do something full out retarded like a lot of thought it might be, but it's still a genuine rap song. Billie's voice sounds really fucking weird but I guess that fits the song. Lady Cobra isn't bad at all. It'll probably end up being a skipper unless I'm going to listen to the album straight through, but I'm still satisfied.

Mike and Tre are playing so good together! I love this song and I love the bassline with all my heart! The beat in this song is just perfection and I don't even hate the rap or the fact that a girl is singing it because it fits so good in the song. Why does the melody remind me of a lullaby from my childhood?

Aww well, I must say i didnt like nightlife at all. The fact that there's another voice besides Billie's is not my thing.

Nightlife is.....interesting. I love Lady Cobra's parts but something about the effects on Billie's voice make him sound weird. I don't know, probably won't be my favorite but it certainly is different from anything else Green Day has done.

Also, it wasn't as "rap-ish" as I thought it was going to be.

I guess Nightlife's okay. It turned it better than I imagined it would when I heard it would have rap in it. :P

I guess it's okay. It turned it better than I imagined it would when I heard it would have rap in it. :P

Oh God, you're not one of those "Rap isn't music because it doesn't require talent!" type of people are you?

I hear nothing resembling rap on Nightlife.

I know right? It's more like talking, the kind of "rap" you'd find on a Blondie song. I'm seeing people on facebook saying they don't like the "rap/RnB song" and I'm like what?! It's hardly Flo Rida or Nicki Minaj, it doesn't sound like RnB at all. I think it's fabulous though! Whatever it is it works.

Nightlife is different but I'm pretty sure it will eventually grow on me. The rap actually fits very well, I'm just not used to it. And Lady Cobra is very foxboroish, not one of my favorites but not bad at all.

I know right? It's more like talking, the kind of "rap" you'd find on a Blondie song. I'm seeing people on facebook saying they don't like the "rap/RnB song" and I'm like what?! It's hardly Flo Rida or Nicki Minaj, it doesn't sound like RnB at all. I think it's fabulous though! Whatever it is it works.

Really shows some of the close-mindedness of Green Day fans, and rock fans in general.

I hear nothing resembling rap on Nightlife.

This. When they first started talking about rap, I thought it was gonna be like a "Rancid x Skinhead Rob" type song. Lady Cobra more or less just speaks rather than rap.

I started to laugh madly when it was played. However, it was the first song I researched for right after the interview was over... I'm surprised! Seriously, I thought something very different when the rumors started I thought that it would be very crazy stuff, with Billie rapping and stuff, but... wow, it is not, it's just fantastic. Billie's voice sounds creepy and kinda scary, which is very different from Oh Love, for example. Lady Cobra made a very cool work, I like the way she sings, seems like a whisper... I just can't wait for the whole song. I'm speechless, I wasn't expecting this. Green Day knows what they're coming out with, this song just prove it! :runaround:

Archived