Green Day playing in London this Thursday!

Fuzz

MCR sold out Hammersmith (5000) in three minutes, along with two more UK dates, in 2010.

Considering: 1. Green Day are doing a single date. 2. Green Day are bigger. 3. Shepherds Bush is two fifths the size of hammersmith.

um, that REALLY doesn't look good! :mellow:

Oh God, I'm gonna be sick.

There are a few factors in our favour...

Not much advertising, IC presale, o2 sale, only 2 tickets per person, same time as reading festival which will put a lot of people out of the equation, not to mention the 24hours notice for people to arrange things

This makes me feel minisculey better.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MCR sold out Hammersmith (5000) in three minutes, along with two more UK dates, in 2010.

Considering: 1. Green Day are doing a single date. 2. Green Day are bigger. 3. Shepherds Bush is two fifths the size of hammersmith.

um, that REALLY doesn't look good! :mellow:

I've just been staring at this post... Oh God, now you put it like that!! :runaround:

Damn, it's gonna go in under a minute. Isn't it?

I'm so not gonna be able to sleep

There's no doubt the tickets will be gone in the space of a minute. I'm terrified! Best of luck though to everyone trying to get them :)

I've just been staring at this post... Oh God, now you put it like that!! :runaround:

Damn, it's gonna go in under a minute. Isn't it?

I'm so not gonna be able to sleep

justin86 is right, there are a few things in our favour - reading/leeds, IC, and the short notice - many people will not be able to just drop everything and go. I don't know if those MCR gigs were "secret" or not, but the last minuteness of all this has to count in our favour!

sorry for joining the party late (bloody work)

i found out and 3-ish and my mood hasn't changed, it can only be described as "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

so happy, so anxious, so depressed at the thought of not getting a ticket, so ecstatic i have a shot!!! Holly described it in fewer and better words!

glad i've switched to o2 so i have a second chance

Yeah exactly, luckily i have the ability to drop everything and travel across the country, whilst nearly every one of my friends cannot. So it is looking alright

The more I read this thread the more I freak out about not getting tickets...I might just come back tomorrow once I know for sure whether I'm going or not.

justin86 is right, there are a few things in our favour - reading/leeds, IC, and the short notice - many people will not be able to just drop everything and go. I don't know if those MCR gigs were "secret" or not, but the last minuteness of all this has to count in our favour!

agreed! hopefully that does help, GD are still a massive band...IC should hopefully be our saviour :)

I'm worried that some of the people joining the IC are scalpers, because they know they'll still get more than they paid. =/ Ugh, I hope not.

ps. i'm hoping the price will put off anyone other than serious fans!

yeah £50 is pretty damn expensive, would put alot of people off

Oh, I agree there's a lot of things in our favour.

Doesn't stop me being insanely nervous however :lol:

I'm worried that some of the people joining the IC are scalpers, because they know they'll still get more than they paid. =/ Ugh, I hope not.

That crossed my mind too! There's a tonne of new members cos of this =/

I really wish they hadn't advertised it to the masses :( its gonna make it so hard to get tickets. Waited so long for this and it just seems impossible :/

Predictably, having encouraged people to go for it the last couple of days, I'm now getting cold feet about the whole thing. This happens everytime with mosh pit gigs.

Hate. My. Self. =/

ps. i'm hoping the price will put off anyone other than serious fans!

Yeah, can they make it a couple of hundred and I'll go party on my own :lol:

Predictably, having encouraged people to go for it the last couple of days, I'm now getting cold feet about the whole thing. This happens everytime with mosh pit gigs.

Hate. My. Self. =/

Howcome?!

Good luck to you guys that wil try and get tickets tomorrow!

Also, it makes me have faith in humanity when I see some of you making plans to cross the UK together. :)

I wouldnt worry about the scalpers too much, as it was posted earlier about wristbands, theyll have a really tough job selling tickets

I GOT THE DAY OFF WORK!!! :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

Now to get a ticket.

Every time I read this thread, I panic more and more about not getting a ticket. Going to be refreshing the site every two seconds before general sale starts.

Damn band.

If anyone else is going to be sleeping at Victoria Bus Station, you're welcome to join us :P

Archived