Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
We're having a photography contest where you guys send in a photo that describes what that time of year means to you. Only one week left to enter.

Photo

Republican Senate Nominee: Victims Of ‘Legitimate Rape’ Don’t Get Pregnant [Sensitive Topic]

News Debate

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Brandon R.

Brandon R.
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts
  • Joined Sep 16, 2009
  • 61 rep
I gave up on trying to understand members of the Republican party a long time ago.

spark in the night

spark in the night
  • ◊∴◊ 400⋅LUX ◊∴◊

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 29,919 posts
  • Joined Jul 15, 2005
  • 3,023 rep
FUCK.ING. MOR.ON.

Marlee

Marlee
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,141 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 546 rep
It scares me that people can think like this. People seriously vote for this guy?

I love how he takes NO consideration for the woman who was raped when he states, “I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be on the rapist and not attacking the child.”

CristhyneS

CristhyneS
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,735 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2005
  • 1,065 rep

The incumbent won her race rather narrowly in 2007 where popular sentiment was strongly pro-Democrat. If this man said this out loud, rather than wrote it, she should put every cent of her campaign money of airing his words on TV over and over and over again.

He did say it out loud:

Well yes, uterus nowadays come with an emergency off button that "shuts that whole thing down" when rapists' semen is detected inside of it.

Cym

Cym
  • Chump

• PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Joined Sep 19, 2006
  • 380 rep
This sounds like more shoelace-eating lunacy coming from the abortion debate, raffling off the government's rights to a woman's uterus like we all have vendettas against men and life. I can't believe these bastards.

fiercecircus

fiercecircus
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,585 posts
  • Joined Aug 21, 2011
  • 527 rep
I love how many international folk have responded to this (incl the OP.)

Welcome to America folks.

(fortunately, not all of us are fucking stupid. Europe will rise to be the new world superpower within our lifetimes, mark my words...)
  • CameronM. likes this

Shoot That Fucker Down

Shoot That Fucker Down
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts
  • Joined Oct 03, 2005
  • 660 rep
This is the face of American politics.

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,570 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,216 rep
Um, hello, vagina dentata is real. The woman would have bitten the penis off if she wanted to! Oh, she's pregnant? Um, then she obviously didn't bite the penis off, now did she?
  • Velocity likes this

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,660 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,944 rep

Um, hello, vagina dentata is real. The woman would have bitten the penis off if she wanted to! Oh, she's pregnant? Um, then she obviously didn't bite the penis off, now did she?

If his penis was bitten off the entire world would benefit.
  • Emilie. and fiercecircus like this

BJA TC MD

BJA TC MD
  • Dominated Love Slave

• 2,371 posts
  • Joined Aug 07, 2011
  • 734 rep
What the fuck is this guy on about? Since when do female bodies shut themselves down or what ever he said?

Trotsky

Trotsky

• 29,660 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,944 rep
Turns out Romney's running mate, Paul Ryan, once teamed up with this scumbag on a bill redefining rape. This.is.fucking.golden.

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 18,089 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,720 rep
How can redefine rape? URGH!

HeißblütigerPinguin

HeißblütigerPinguin
  • Insomniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2010
  • 166 rep
See, this is what happens without comprehensive sex education

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,389 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,845 rep
Woah. I wanna hear more about this "redefining rape" bullshit.

Rita

Rita
  • Just a Girl

• 14,452 posts
  • Joined Apr 14, 2007
  • 543 rep
"the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down" - like what, the vagina growing teeth or something? Riiight. I mean really, some people need to get real gosh.

Advertising

Trotsky

Trotsky

• 29,660 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,944 rep

Woah. I wanna hear more about this "redefining rape" bullshit.

http://www.democrati...com/10021164933
http://www.motherjon...redefining-rape

Akin and Ryan were the original co-sponsors of the controversial bill H.R. 3, “No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act,” which initially included language which changed the definition of “rape” to “forcible rape,” until public pressure forced the bill’s supporters to remove that unacceptable and narrow definition. As I wrote previously, Paul Ryan is not just anti-choice, his anti-choice views are extreme and just plain bad for all women.

So why was the "forcible" language so important? Pro-life advocates believed they needed to include the word "forcible" in the law to pre-empt what National Right to Life Committee lobbyist Doug Johnson called a "brazen" effort by Planned Parenthood and other groups to obtain federal funding for abortions for any teenager by (falsely) claiming statutory rape. Abortion rights groups, Johnson warned, wanted to "federally fund the abortion of tens of thousands of healthy babies of healthy moms, based solely on the age of their mothers." Richard Doerflinger, the US Council of Catholic Bishops' top anti-abortion lobbyist, echoed Johnson in congressional testimony, arguing that the "forcible" language was "an effort on the part of the sponsors to prevent the opening of a very broad loophole for federally funded abortions for any teenager." Planned Parenthood flatly denied having a plan to open up such a loophole.

Kid A

Kid A
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Joined Jun 13, 2011
  • 489 rep

Legitimate rape

wat

Maria Gloria

Maria Gloria
  • Dearly Beloved

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,655 posts
  • Joined Jun 05, 2010
  • 6,001 rep
Because of course, your vagina just combusts as soon as a rapist touches you. Yeah, that makes total sense.

Ugh, I read about this shit on the news earlier. He evidently has no idea what he's talking about.

GreenRanger

GreenRanger
  • Probably Someone Else

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,101 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,599 rep
Last time I checked, miscarriage (pretty much a body "shutting down a pregnancy") is just as involuntary as rape is, except it can happen to every pregnancy.

It's not an instant abortion button like this beefhead seems to think it is...I mean, if females could do that, why the hell would abortion exist in the first place? Reason #432 I try not to actually follow politics.
  • mallorymaloney likes this

Trotsky

Trotsky

• 29,660 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,944 rep

It's not an instant abortion button like this beefhead seems to think it is...I mean, if females could do that, why the hell would abortion exist in the first place? Reason #432 I try not to actually follow politics.

It should be a reason for following politics, and voting accordingly for the intelligent ones who don't have reprehensible views like this.
  • Yussef likes this

mallorymaloney

mallorymaloney
  • I'm wearing my heart on a noose.

• 3,518 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2006
  • 445 rep
Okay, ignoring the fact that this asshole is seriously fucked, I wanna discuss the whole 'pregnancy isn't very common after rape' subject. Does this hold any truth whatsoever ...? They got any stats or anything to back this statement up?

It should be a reason for following politics, and voting accordingly for the intelligent ones who don't have reprehensible views like this.

Implying politicians are capable of intelligence.

Trotsky

Trotsky

• 29,660 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,944 rep

Okay, ignoring the fact that this asshole is seriously fucked, I wanna discuss the whole 'pregnancy isn't very common after rape' subject. Does this hold any truth whatsoever ...? They got any stats or anything to back this statement up?

It is a vicious lie made up by anti-abortion fanatics. In fact, instances of pregnancy occurring from rape are, per incident, higher than from consensual sex. This of course can be associated with the fact that many people engaging in consensual sex would be wearing condoms, whereas there is a much lesser chance a rapist would (though many do, especially for the sake of hiding the evidence of the crime).

There is no scientific basis for it at all, the lie has been circulated in extremist circles and that's it.

GreenRanger

GreenRanger
  • Probably Someone Else

• 4,101 posts
  • Joined Jun 23, 2010
  • 1,599 rep

No, you're totally right. Maybe it's the reason I don't get overly invested in it or something. But yeah, you're right, being educated and voting is definitely something I value.

fukingcounterstrike

fukingcounterstrike
  • banana bottom

• 10,711 posts
  • Joined Jun 12, 2007
  • 4,613 rep

Andres and I just had a discussion about this and feel it would be great if the politicians actually stepped up a bit and tried to educate those that listen to them instead of spout propaganda and terms/phrases that they know people want to hear. Instead of saying that a tax cut will favor the rich and hurt the middle class or visa versa they can say that the tax cut/reform will cut/establish taxes on capital gain and exactly what the means and who it affects, but of course our system diverged from beneficial acts and into ones that perpetuate ignorance

Mar

Mar
  • Streets ahead

• 18,570 posts
  • Joined Jul 23, 2009
  • 5,216 rep
Our vaginas are more effective than Brita filters when it comes to getting rid of evil things.
  • Penguin Puffball and Cat C like this

Penguin Puffball

Penguin Puffball
  • Mary Poopins

• 20,389 posts
  • Joined Jun 08, 2009
  • 3,845 rep
We should just make a thread called "Shit Republicans Say". We could put all the stupid in one place.
  • Hedwig likes this

Cat C

Cat C
  • Criminal of Thought

• 5,063 posts
  • Joined Oct 11, 2010
  • 4,203 rep
This reminds me of an article I read online a while ago, about a how an anti-abortion bill has been passed in Georgia dictating that a woman has to carry a dead/dying foetus to term (whether she likes it or not, basically). Was close to tears reading a response to it from a woman. HOW are these people allowed to go public with such lack of knowledge & respect for the female body? It's absolutely disgusting.

conley

conley
  • I think it's alright

• 9,043 posts
  • Joined May 19, 2008
  • 186 rep
If they're nominated I'm fleeing the country

tabbycat1596

tabbycat1596
  • Supermodel Robot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • Joined Jan 02, 2012
  • 267 rep

This reminds me of an article I read online a while ago, about a how an anti-abortion bill has been passed in Georgia dictating that a woman has to carry a dead/dying foetus to term (whether she likes it or not, basically). Was close to tears reading a response to it from a woman. HOW are these people allowed to go public with such lack of knowledge & respect for the female body? It's absolutely disgusting.

What sick person would do this? And if the foetus was dead anyway, why would they care if it's aborted?

Sigh. I kind of wish I could vote, just because it could be this nutter representing my area of Missouri. I really hope that he loses a lot of male and female voters. I think he has until a certain time today to pull out of the race, but from what I heard, I don't think he's going to.
Spoiler

Trotsky

Trotsky

• 29,660 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,944 rep

And don't forget, the logic which its Republican sponsor used to justify it was "that's what pigs and cows do."

Until America wants to admit that the anti-abortion rights movement is intrinsically misogynistic and authoritarian, and far more concerned with controlling women than saving fetuses, this kind of shit will continue to exist in the political arena.

Sigh. I kind of wish I could vote, just because it could be this nutter representing my area of Missouri. I really hope that he loses a lot of male and female voters. I think he has until a certain time today to pull out of the race, but from what I heard, I don't think he's going to.

Oh God no, I am glad as fuck he isn't pulling out of the race. The Republicans were going to easily take this seat before he opened his stupid fucking mouth, and now McCaskill has a chance at keeping her seat in the Senate.

Here's the deal, the Republican Party doesn't give a fuck about this guy, they want the seat, which is why they have been pressuring him to drop out of the race, and even cut his funding. But if he defiantly stays, it's going to force the Republican party to make a choice: do nothing to help him, and essentially give up on the seat, or they will have to defend him which will be damaging nationwide.

I'm not going to lie here, as an Obama supporter, this man's revolting comments are a gift, and this man staying in the race is a gift. Look at the Romney campaign, they were forced to backtrack and openly endorse a "rape exception" to their position on abortion, which is going to piss off the radical anti-choicers. Had they not done this, it would have isolated moderates.

Basically, this is a win-win situation for the Democrats and Obama, it's about time the Republicans had a scandal this year too.
  • spark in the night and tabbycat1596 like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: News, Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users