Green Day Angry Birds Game OUT NOW!

Fuzz

OMG :woot:

This is so awesome!

I. CAN'T. EVEN. :runaround:

The only thing that would be more awesome is a "Green Day vs Zombies" game

:lol:

Or Plants Vs Green Day, since they're kinda zombie shaped.

Or yknow what? How about they throw some Green Day shaped Pokemon Trainers into the North American release of Pokemon Black & White 2? That's be just about the coolest thing ever.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

won't it be cool to have stages based on the albums and levels for the songs they released. To put into different words, imagine if there's a dookie stage with a level for Basket Case and all the other songs on it.... a person can dream...

"Lyk 0mg, Green Day are totez sell outz, dey hve an angry birds game 'nd a R rated musik videeo, dey mst b sell out, :mad: ima soooo mad dey rn't punk anymoar!!! :mad: "

That what I see when I've read some of these posts, get over yourselves, it's not like your comment is going to stop them doing it, I think it's an interesting choice of advertising and as for them not being punk, it doesn't fucking matter, respect other's opinions about whether they are or not. just accept this and move the fuck along :)

So now all Rovio needs to do is come up with a Tim Yohannan ava to use in place of the pigs and we're good to go!

This was my first thought as well.

Brilliant marketing on Warner's part. The demographic that primary plays Angry Birds (younger, tech-savvy consumers) is definitely the target market for the new Green Day albums. I'm glad the label has concentrated their advertising where it counts.

And hey, I might have to start playing Angry Birds now!

They're just coming out of left field with this everything for this trilogy era, holy shit.

I have a feeling, not to be negative, that this probably won't do too much in the promotion department. More than likely, the only people who will buy this are Green Day fans (or hardcore Angry Bird fans.....does it have a fan base?) who knew about the trilogy to begin with. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like the Rock Band flop.

That looks hilarious! :lol:

I don't know what Angry Birds is because I don't have a smartphone and I don't really care for games like that. I've only seen pictures of it. I kinda wish I could play this Green Day one though just to see what it's like. haha

OMG :woot:

This is so awesome!

I. CAN'T. EVEN. :runaround:

The only thing that would be more awesome is a "Green Day vs Zombies" game

:lol:

no... the only thing better is if they use my music in the GD angry birds game... that would be fucking amazing...

won't it be cool to have stages based on the albums and levels for the songs they released. To put into different words, imagine if there's a dookie stage with a level for Basket Case and all the other songs on it.... a person can dream...

That would be cool, but...a dookie stage. Just sounds wrong. :lol:

My first reaction when I saw it on the homepage was "what kind of spam thread is this?" This is the weirdest news I've seen since I joined GDC.

This is an awesome marketing strategy!

And I'm going to get addicted to another ipod game. :rolleyes:

didn't they do a similar thing with ******* ** Fuck, with Tap Tap Green Day, does anyone remember if it worked (as a sales strategy)?

So if its just on the FB version does that mean once promotion is over it will be gone?

Possibly the most random announcement from GD but it's fun and that's a big part of what they are about.

makes me wonder what other games they could do:

Billie Joe Backgammon?

Mikecraft?

Tre-tris?

Uno? :)

(yes i know my jokes suck)

Possibly the most random announcement from GD but it's fun and that's a big part of what they are about.

Billie Joe Backgammon?

Mikecraft?

Tre-tris?

I would love me some mikecraft and some tre-tris...

(or hardcore Angry Bird fans.....does it have a fan base?)

Ummmmm, yeah -- According to Wikipedia Apple iOS downloads of its three flavors (original, Rio, and Space) are upwards of 12 million and counting.

didn't they do a similar thing with ******* ** Fuck, with Tap Tap Green Day, does anyone remember if it worked (as a sales strategy)?

That was the first app I spent money on for my iPhone, no regrets, only wish there were more songs included. Great way to spend 3-4 minutes during commute.

But I don't think these things ever work as a promotion strategy honestly. I don't think anyone, except for hardcore fans, are interested in playing a game promoting an artist,

Especially when there's tons of other similar levels to be played without green day promotion in it.

Also, if it's going to be a Facebook game it's not going to reach those millions of Angry Birds fans as effectively as a mobile app.

I don't know anyone that plays Angry Birds on Facebook, but everyone I know with a smartphone has played Angry Birds on it at some point.

I know right. I guess it's the whole "Green Day isn't punk anymore thing" all over again. :dry:

I love their mainstream appeal, means we get to see them more :)

I'm wondering if Green Day will make their own version of the Angry Birds theme song for the game, as they did in the Simpsons.

That would be cool! Green Day playing Angry Birds theme! :D

Billie Joe Backgammon?

Mikecraft?

Tre-tris?

Tre-tris would be even better than Angry Birds. With every deleted line you could hear "I can suck my own" and with 50th line there could be "no man can collect 50 lines" :lol:

Archived