Green Day Angry Birds Game OUT NOW!

Fuzz

The number of times Green Day has disappointed me lately is frightening. I'm not used to being unhappy when it comes to them, man ... Fuck.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reaction was: What the hell is this?

I don't even know what the Angry Birds thing is...

Is this a game I can't get if I don't have an iphone or something like that?

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it head on.

Why are people getting upset over this? Really guys? :lol:

Does it make you feel less cool~* to like a band with some mainstream appeal?

Bitter much? Who cares really. you don't know they didn't come up with the idea.....

Uh no...I'm not bitter. I'm the "guy who constantly criticizes to criticize" remember? What I said was true.

Major Labels have control of a band's marketing, and how they're marketed.

It doesn't mean Green Day came up with the idea themselves.

And Green Day Rockband did in fact sell really really horribly.

I'm just upset I don't have an iphone! :shy:

I just directed one of my friends that isn't a big Green Day fan to GDA so he could see this and the first thing he said was, "holy shit...that's REALLY fucking smart." He is in the tech/cell phone industry and he said that this was genius marketing and was really cool since it's the first Angry Birds game that actually has an outside theme.

But, but! Green Day is suppose to be "punk"! :P

Even though, they aren't really punk...and haven't really been, since like forever.

Punk's all about a DIY (Do It Yourself) ethic, it has nothing to do with "Be yourself and don't give a fuck!".

^

This is what the mainstream believe punk really is.

I've always been against calling bands sellouts, because most people wanna be able to live by doing what they love, but this is just absurd.

I'm so gonna buy this.

But, but! Green Day is suppose to be "punk"! :P

Even though, they aren't really punk...and haven't really been, since like forever.

Punk's all about a DIY (Do It Yourself) ethic, it has nothing to do with "Be yourself and don't give a fuck!".

^

Punk is not giving a fuck about what people think. Mission accomplished.

The noise billie will make when he is slingshot at the pigs : Heeeyyy Ohhhhhhh

I just directed one of my friends that isn't a big Green Day fan to GDA so he could see this and the first thing he said was, "holy shit...that's REALLY fucking smart." He is in the tech/cell phone industry and he said that this was genius marketing and was really cool since it's the first Angry Birds game that actually has an outside theme.

They do have to sell three albums in a short space of time.

Yeah I don't get it either. I think it's a really cool idea and a smart marketing strategy. And I love Angry Birds so I'm excited to play it.

I know right. I guess it's the whole "Green Day isn't punk anymore thing" all over again. :dry:

Angry Birds is actually really amazing. This will probably be a GREAT promotion for Green Day!! It's actually a fucking genius move. I hope it's for PC, I guess it will be available. I'm dying to use my Mike birds to kill some pigs! Or you know what would be cool!? That we killed platypuses instead of pigs!

^

No. Then I make breakfast myself so I'm Punk! lol no

Well I first thought this was a joke.

I never would have expected this, but I love angry birds so that's awesome.

I know right. I guess it's the whole "Green Day isn't punk anymore thing" all over again. :dry:

Seriously though, how many times can one band sell out? :ermm:

People complained about the lack of marketing for 21st Century Breakdown, and now that we're seeing Green Day everywhere for U/D/T, people are complaining about the way it's being done?

They're trying to interest a vast array of people through a game that, well, a vast array of people play. I think this is pretty brilliant. They're not selling toothpaste; They're taking part in a relevant piece of pop culture that, theoretically, will give them a lot of exposure. I mean...this is the very definition of smart marketing.

I can't wait to see how this looks :happy:

Archived