Brain Stew

pasalaska

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This song is one of my favorites at the moment. It's like being on the verge of a nervous breakdown and losing it with jaded.

I like this song, well it's not one of my favourite, but still. I think that this is awesome concert song, so that's the reason that I like it. But anyway: good decision to be the song of the week! :)

I like this song, but it's not one of my favorites... The dry melody sounds exactly the way you feel when you cannot sleep at all!

The video's cool too, though I never understood the hawaian dancers :lol:

I like this song, but it's not one of my favorites... The dry melody sounds exactly the way you feel when you cannot sleep at all!

The video's cool too, though I never understood the hawaian dancers :lol:

It's a hallucination thing.

Not hours, more like days. The minimum I've heard it happening after is three days, but everyone is different.

One of my favorite Green Day songs! Haha I saw these kids playing the song the other day I told them you gotta do the Jaded part too! They said are you crazy that's way to fast. I love the video too!

This is probably one of my top favorite Green Day songs. I love the imagery in the lyrics, it can be so gruesome at times and I love that riff so much. It may not be the fastest song, but it's definitely one of the heaviest. Great choice!

This song pretty much describes everyone of my summer days. Today I couldn't sleep till 10 am. This Song's got a really sexy riff and it's my favourite song from Insomniac.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who's "meh" about the song. It just gets to me by the end; I really can't listen to it in full because the guitar just gets to be too much. It starts out fine, the concept of the lyrics is interesting, but it's not my favorite song. I hear it fairly often on the radio and that surprises me because I feel like they have better singles.

Im always different on this track some days love it other days just eh

I'm kind of in the middle of the 'meh' scale with this one, too. At times I think it's horrible and draggy, and I just don't want to listen to it. Then there's times when I'll listen to it on repeat for an hour. But I do love how it melts right into Jaded and when they're played live, it's perfection. The video was the first I saw from Insomniac. It's simple yet still gets the point across.

This is one of the first songs I remember hearing on the radio from Green Day. I don't know... I must have been in middle school or so. Perhaps I heard it before then, but it's the first I really remember. It was before I got into them. I remember later someone playing it on an acoustic guitar and saying something about "that Green Day song" and, from what I had heard of Green Day, I was surprised. It wasn't until high school that I started really listening to them, but this is one of those songs that... I realized hey, I liked these guys before and I didn't even know it! Along with Waiting, Longview, Welcome to Paradise, When I Come Around... and of course Good Riddance.

Anyway, I've always loved it, and I think it stands out on Insomniac even though I find the whole album to be a little... metallic for my tastes, less melodic (which isn't to say I don't like the songs on the album, just wouldn't have drawn me in necessarily). It's another of those live show staples, and as their catalog grows I am left wondering which other songs they will have to cut from their new nightly touring lineup!

Archived