Oh Love Music Video

Comic Sans

I'll repeat what I said from the Random News thread regarding the clip...

The clip is so disconcerting. I was really worried about Sam Bayer returning to direct their videos and this pretty much confirms all of my fears. What a stupid idea for a video. It really puts a bad taste in my mouth for them to do this kind of sub-Mötley Crüe concept for such a yearning song. This is a band who had Kathleen Hanna guest on an album, for chirst's sake. You'd think they'd know better.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to hold off judgement till I see the whole thing. It may look bad from the 30 second clip but the whole thing might be better, you never know!

I'm going to hold off judgement till I see the whole thing. It may look bad from the 30 second clip but the whole thing might be better, you never know!

It does look like a sexy video for Green Day! I think I will Oh Love it :)

I just don't see the connection between Billie's description of the song and the footage... "pulling at your heartstrings" and "romance" is not exactly what I associate with backstage whores at rock concerts :P It makes sense if the song is about sexual tension, but... ugh.

I just remember an interview in 1995 where Billie was saying how people are "sick of seeing fleshy bodies and sex-oriented television" and they wanted to do something different. I don't blame them for having fun with this, so if I don't like it I can blame two things--I'm a woman and this naturally doesn't appeal to me, and Sam Bayer is very hit or miss and kind of a douchebag :P

On a different note, are lip tattoos permanent or do you have to keep getting them redone? Mike's wife is nucking futs!

On a different note, are lip tattoos permanent or do you have to keep getting them redone? Mike's wife is nucking futs!

All tattoos are permanent, but due to the moisture and constant wear and tear of the inner mouth, lip tattoos fade a lot quicker than a "normal" one

I just don't see the connection between Billie's description of the song and the footage... "pulling at your heartstrings" and "romance" is not exactly what I associate with backstage whores at rock concerts :P It makes sense if the song is about sexual tension, but... ugh.

I just remember an interview in 1995 where Billie was saying how people are "sick of seeing fleshy bodies and sex-oriented television" and they wanted to do something different. I don't blame them for having fun with this, so if I don't like it I can blame two things--I'm a woman and this naturally doesn't appeal to me, and Sam Bayer is very hit or miss and kind of a douchebag :P

i agree.

but where do you see Mike's wife?

That clip kinda makes me feel a bit iffy about it all. :ermm: Scantily clad women? That doesn't really seem like a Green Day video to me. But I'm confident the video's gonna end up better (and lest disturbing) than we all expected and then we'll all be happy.

And ew if that's billie rolling around with that girl

That's disturbing me the most, oh I hope it's not Billie :sick::cry:

I wonder how much they needed to pay those women. Probably a lot since it took days to film.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this video is totally out of left field for green day? I know someone raised the whole 'they have male strippers on stage' thing and that they kiss fans, but those things are never in a sexual way, it's always more humorous. And I know some will say its jealousy and that's not it either, nor is it about exploitation, I'm sure the girls were keen enough to do it. It's their sudden willingness to buy into something they used to sneer at. They don't look young and hip, they look older than ever, if anything!

I'm just trying to make a connection between the song and this clip. It just doesn't seem make sense to me. I'm going to have to wait and see the entire thing before judging, but I'm pretty sure this video will disappoint me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one to think this video is totally out of left field for green day? I know someone raised the whole 'they have male strippers on stage' thing and that they kiss fans, but those things are never in a sexual way, it's always more humorous. And I know some will say its jealousy and that's not it either, nor is it about exploitation, I'm sure the girls were keen enough to do it. It's their sudden willingness to buy into something they used to sneer at. They don't look young and hip, they look older than ever, if anything!

I dont care if Green Day look old (i dont think they do), that's not it.

I just don't think this is "Green Day".. at least not how i used to see them. And people need to shut up about "this is Green Day, they always surprise" .. they used to say that they don't like this kind of videos.. the kind of videos with the artist/band with naked girls around them. i just never thought they'd do like this

I really honestly just think the song is good. If the video sucks, oh well.

The women in that preview clip seem to resemble at least some of the characters Sam cast in the Holiday video.

Would. Kill. For. Cameo. Of. Tre. In. Drag. Again.

:woot:

20 second mark with Tre is also cringy. I never want to see these kind of woman being glorified.

The women in that preview clip seem to resemble at least some of the characters Sam cast in the Holiday video.

Would. Kill. For. Cameo. Of. Tre. In. Drag. Again.

:woot:

Lol id love to see Tré in drag again XD would make this video better

I'm just trying to make a connection between the song and this clip. It just doesn't seem make sense to me.

I agree, it just doesn't fit the feel of the song, if it were a song like makeout party or fuck time it would make more sense.

i agree.

but where do you see Mike's wife?

Mike said his wife got his name tattooed on her lips and then they show a picture of it.

20 second mark with Tre is also cringy. I never want to see these kind of woman being glorified.

Yeah, seriously didn't need to see that from Tre, and I'm scared to see the rest now... especially the R-rated version, if this is the PG one...

I agree, it just doesn't fit the feel of the song, if it were a song like makeout party or fuck time it would make more sense.

Exactly. I'd be totally fine with this for those songs. And if one of those is a single, I can't even imagine what those videos would look like.

I dont care if Green Day look old (i dont think they do), that's not it.

I just don't think this is "Green Day".. at least not how i used to see them. And people need to shut up about "this is Green Day, they always surprise" .. they used to say that they don't like this kind of videos.. the kind of videos with the artist/band with naked girls around them. i just never thought they'd do like this

I don't mean they look old looks wise, I mean it makes them look like some old band that surrounds themselves with young women to appear younger and cool. It's cringe worthy!

I mean I know I have no right to be but yeah, just a bit disappointed really. Not that it's that big of a deal or anything.

I don't get why people are getting so fussed up about the girls. They just look like average music video girls. :ermm:

Oh well, I'm not even that excited for the music video anyway.

It's kind of like with all the bits of the new albums songs (or live vs studio versions), I'll reserve judgement until I see the finished version.

I don't mean they look old looks wise, I mean it makes them look like some old band that surrounds themselves with young women to appear younger and cool. It's cringe worthy!

I mean I know I have no right to be but yeah, just a bit disappointed really. Not that it's that big of a deal or anything.

oh okay. i agree... im dissapointed too.

The song is the song, and the song is true - the video is an interpretation, and whatever opinion on that is separate. However, I like that this is churning people up - art should do that. :)

I just don't see the connection between Billie's description of the song and the footage... "pulling at your heartstrings" and "romance" is not exactly what I associate with backstage whores at rock concerts :P It makes sense if the song is about sexual tension, but...ugh

This soooooo much.

Again, I'll wait until Wednesday to make a decision on it, but from what it seems, that small clip is essentially what the whole video will be like, which kind of sucks.

Part of me thinks Tre must've had a ball that day. (no pun intended) :P

Archived