Lyrics for ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tre! songs

solongfromthestars

I think during the Echoplex performance of Let Yourself Go, he's saying 'All these fucks fuckin' with my head now', which probably means that's how it'll be on the album version.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know we're going to find out the truth soon, but I can't help but continue to insist that the "The darkness and the" line in Kill the DJ he's actually saying something about "Sodom and Gemorrah and the century of thrills" I swear I hear it :P

Yeah, I hear 'Sodom and Gomorrah in the century of thrills'

Also - the line that's posted as 'you cut a hole ....', I'm hearing as 'the culture war's in your heart and your mind'.

And I think - 'all the Christian soldiers do a jive of mind control'

I agree it's something about culture war on that line.

I think during the Echoplex performance of Let Yourself Go, he's saying 'All these fucks fuckin' with my head now', which probably means that's how it'll be on the album version.

I was wondering if he was doing an intentional stutter on it "Always f-f-fucking with my head now," as if he's really having a mental breakdown.

It's fine to use it to get your point across, but when you start using it too much it makes it seem like a placeholder. Like he was thinking "Damn, I can't think of a word to put here to so the line goes with the melody. Eh, I'll just put fuck."

Nah. If he needed a placeholder, he could have used "Ya know" as well. :P*ba dum tsss!*

I agree it's something about culture war on that line.

I was wondering if he was doing an intentional stutter on it "Always f-f-fucking with my head now," as if he's really having a mental breakdown.

Hmm, that's a possibility too. That would be pretty interesting, haha.

His use of fag/faggot in AI made a lot of sense and was kinda ballsy to do I guess. I remember first hearing "niggers" in American Eulogy and having to pause and replay it because I was like "wait...what?"

The amount of "fuck" in Let Yourself Go doesn't really bother me but it sounds awkward when Billie sings "you're fucking with my fucking head now" but that could just be because he stutters for some reason.

So when do you guys think the first reviews for UNO! Are going to be released?

A lot of publications have already heard all 3 albums, so hopefully they'll be able to release one soon.

Would it maybe be a month beforehand like a couple of reviews did for 21st CB?

Or closer to when it's release?

So when do you guys think the first reviews for UNO! Are going to be released?

A lot of publications have already heard all 3 albums, so hopefully they'll be able to release one soon.

Would it maybe be a month beforehand like a couple of reviews did for 21st CB?

Or closer to when it's release?

I hope whichever publication or radio station has gotten a hold of the albums, or at least ¡UNO!, happens to 'accidetaly' leak it.

Please....... :)'

Or Tre could be leaked...the whole album. What if the box set orders mess up and some people get sent Dos when Uno is released? Lol.

I hope whichever publication or radio station has gotten a hold of the albums, or at least ¡UNO!, happens to 'accidetaly' leak it.

Please....... :)'

Billboard Magazine, Rollingstone Magazine and Kerrang are the only publications that have heard it I think.

Hopefully that means they can post reviews early, I'm interested to see how these albums will do critically.

I remember a lot of critics said in their 21st CB reviews that they missed the more fun and energized GD, so hopefully that'll boost some of the review scores, plus the album looks like it's composed of strong songs. I don't think it'll be rated as highly as AI though, I think the only album that has a chance of doing that would be !TRE!, since it sounds like it'll be the most experimental.

I'm not sure out of !UNO! or !DOS! which will be rated highest. I think maybe !DOS! because it'll be different from what GD have done in the last, but then again !UNO! is sort of a return to their older sound, so critics may enjoy that more. I'm sure all 3 albums will at least receive generally favorable reviews (On Metacritic, a site that averages review scores together, Shenanigans got a mostly positive review score even though it was a B-Sides album).

Walking after dark

In the New York City park

Lights are flowing over you

How are you to vote

All The Christians talking to

A giant mind-control

The part that don’t ------------------------ chance

------------------------------------exactly where she is

Someone kill The DJ, shoot the fucking DJ

Voices in my head are sayin' "shoot the fucker down!"

You never protest the dirtiest kind

The culture war is in your heart and mind

Walking after dark

In the New York City park

The people feel identical

A pocket full of pills

Sitting at the bar again

A century of thrills

------------------------------

drama running round 'n' round

-----exactly where she is

Hold him under water till the motherfucker drowns

You never protest the dirtiest guy/kind

The culture war is in your heart and your mind

Ooooh oooh oooh oooh turn the lights off make it dark

In Nuclear Family, I hear a line that goes something like "death of the nuclear family..." after the conspiracy line

Or Tre could be leaked...the whole album. What if the box set orders mess up and some people get sent Dos when Uno is released? Lol.

Haha never :lol: They'll be extremely careful and send everything on the established date :P

In Nuclear Family, I hear a line that goes something like "death of the nuclear family..." after the conspiracy line

Yeah there's definitely something about a nuclear family in there rather than what we've already got, not sure what it is though. That chorus is really vague compared to the rest of the song, I don't think we can really get anything certain from it.

in Nuclear family

¨Like a nuclear bomb and it wont be long 'til I detonate gettin lazy

you can hear it perfectly in this recording~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2IVtSrYL90

No, pretty certain it's "detonate", because the other line makes no sense at all.

"Like a nuclear bomb and it won't be long 'til gettin' lazy"?

That's makes no sense.

Added It's Fuck Time, I think that's the correct version although there's part of the holy grace line missing if anyone knows what that is.

Also I'm pretty sure that "hitch a ride, tell 'em all you like" line in Let Yourself Go is wrong, it sounds a lot more like "hitch a ride, tell 'em how you lied". And "always fuck, fuckin' with my head now" rather than "all these fucks fucking with my head". But never mind, it's not long until we'll have the official ones.

Here's what I get out of the new 8th Ave Serenade video

Say hello from your window

Say goodbye from your car

Say goodnight from your pillow

Say so long from the stars

Take a [walk?] out of my life

Sing to me a lullabye

Cradle songs by a [________]

Don't forget to pass me by

My imagination runs away

On this 8th avenue serenade

Meet me at the bathroom stall

Meet me at the whispering wall

Before all the flames burn out

[Jason White guitar]

My imagination runs away

--------

I thought it was "wishing wall" originally like most people, but you can really hear the word "whispering" when he says it the last time in the new video at 2:15

So not that is really matters at all hahah but I just listented to Stray Heart a thousand times in a row, and this last time it sounds like he says...

"I've said a thousand times, and now a thousand one" instead of more.

So now that is really matters at all hahah but I just listented to Stray Heart a thousand times in a row, and this last time it sounds like he says...

"I've said a thousand times, and now a thousand one" instead of more.

Shit, I think you're right... and that actually makes soo much more sense :lol:

Here's what I get out of the new 8th Ave Serenade video

Say hello from your window

Say goodbye from your car

Say goodnight from your pillow

Say so long from the stars

Take a [walk?] out of my life

Sing to me a lullabye

Cradle songs by a [________]

Don't forget to pass me by

My imagination runs away

[Jason White guitar]

My imagination runs away

--------

I thought it was "wishing wall" originally like most people, but you can really hear the word "whispering" when he says it the last time in the new video at 2:15

Cool, that seems pretty accurate! I'll update the lyrics. :) I definitely agree that it sounds more like "whispering wall" in that last verse, but I think he probably just stumbled and it's still "wishing wall" seeing as that's an actual place in New York.

Cradle songs from a new love/life?

You might be right... I'll put that there for now.

I guess there's a Whispering Wall in Grand Central Station so it could be either one!

Archived