Lyrics for ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tre! songs

solongfromthestars

Angel Blue, Fell For You and Troublemaker my favs right now. Although, Angel Blue's lyrics are quite strange. But the guitar is killer!

Yeah, whatever the actual lyrics are, it'll be interesting to figure out if Angel Blue is supposed to be a person or what :lol:

To me this song sounds like it's about what it would be like if St. Jimmy wanted to have sex with you. Masochistic, sadistic desire. But that's based on a lot of incorrect lyrics :lol: Just the violent imagery of cutting your chest to see blood (pretty sure about those lyrics) and being someone's "bloody Valentine."

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soo Angel Blue is, IMO, going to be one of the catchiest, funnest songs on Uno (and several of the new reviews I think have mentioned its potential as a fan favorite)... it's such a cross between Kerplunk and that Johnny Be Goode style of rock (especially that opening, so rad).

Anyway, here is my feeble attempt at some lyrics, which definitely look like they'll be a lot of fun.

____ it up and I burn it down

Not a princess, I'm a fucking clown

____ tears and _____ cry/pride

Won't you be my bloody Valentine?

I'm just a fucking ____ you know I really need you that way

Want (a senorita?) and now your ____ is gonna pay

Angel blue will _____ and _____

Angel blue will make me [baby faced?]______

_____ around like a stick in the mud

Cut my chest just to see the blood

Now I'm singing out the alphabet...

And I'm just _______ on my cigarette

[A lot more singing + chorus again]

Trying to find my better angels....

____ around like a stick in the mud

Cut my chest just to see the blood

Now I'm singing out the alphabet

Won't you be my bloody valentine?

Well, if you're referring to the NME album breakdown, he actually said Rusty James would become a fan favorite.

He didn't even describe Angel Blue, just saying the intro's solo sounds kind of like the I Fought The Law intro.

And Angel Blue is the only song that hasn't been mentioned or described in a single article.

Well, if you're referring to the NME album breakdown, he actually said Rusty James would become a fan favorite.

He didn't even describe Angel Blue, just saying the intro's solo sounds kind of like the I Fought The Law intro.

And Angel Blue is the only song that hasn't been mentioned or described in a single article.

Coulda sworn I saw it somewhere, but maybe it was Rusty James (which I love the vibe of too, based on the shit recording we have). Either way, I love what I hear, more than most of the others. At this point I'm pretty sure I know what every song on Uno sounds like besides Loss of Control, and although some of them don't really "hit me," it's all good with me so far.

Coulda sworn I saw it somewhere, but maybe it was Rusty James (which I love the vibe of too, based on the shit recording we have). Either way, I love what I hear, more than most of the others. At this point I'm pretty sure I know what every song on Uno sounds like besides Loss of Control, and although some of them don't really "hit me," it's all good with me so far.

Yeah they're all good songs. I'll be honest though, if !UNO! was going to be the only album that Green Day would release then I would be pretty disappointed. And people will need to calm down when the reviews really start to hit, because these albums will be reviewed as standalone separate albums. I've already seen a few people freak out and talk shit about the guy who did the album breakdown on NME, and that wasn't even an official review, for all we know the review may be done by a different person. So it could be worse, or better.

It'll be interesting though, because as they're being reviewed as single entities, I would expect Uno to receive the harshest criticism because it doesn't have the benefit of being compared to the others for what makes it special. Like, when Dos comes out, critics will say things like "A refreshing change of pace from Uno..." and then with Tre "After the ___ of Uno and the ____ of Dos, Green Day does ______ on Tre." I feel like critics will put more of their own expectations onto Uno, and then with the other two it'll be clear that they should expect different types of sounds. With Uno it's like critics are waiting to see what the fuck Green Day thinks their next move should be, and if critics disagree that it should be "power pop," then the reviews will suck without recognizing that they created three times as much music of different styles that they're just delaying release on...

It's a unique situation to be sure!

It'll be interesting though, because as they're being reviewed as single entities, I would expect Uno to receive the harshest criticism because it doesn't have the benefit of being compared to the others for what makes it special. Like, when Dos comes out, critics will say things like "A refreshing change of pace from Uno..." and then with Tre "After the ___ of Uno and the ____ of Dos, Green Day does ______ on Tre." I feel like critics will put more of their own expectations onto Uno, and then with the other two it'll be clear that they should expect different types of sounds. With Uno it's like critics are waiting to see what the fuck Green Day thinks their next move should be, and if critics disagree that it should be "power pop," then the reviews will suck without recognizing that they created three times as much music of different styles that they're just delaying release on...

It's a unique situation to be sure!

Well that, and !DOS! and !TRE! sound like they have stronger songs.

I see a lot more songs off of !DOS! and !TRE! becoming Green Day staples then I do off of !UNO!.

I just think !UNO! may feel like too much of a "warm up" album, which is a fair criticism since these albums are technically all standalone.

Although, I must admit I'm looking forward to the "You don't know what the fuck you're talking about! Fucking reviewer, !UNO! is perfect!" reactions lol

People will act like this, even though they haven't heard the full album, so they can't really say it'll be "perfect".

We don't know for sure what Sweet 16 is about until Billie explains it, it's probably about his marriage but we should just wait for him to actually confirm it. :P I wish people could recognize ageism though, even if it was about a 16 year-old there's nothing creepy about it and saying that shouldn't really be acceptable.

Anyway, I'll update the OP with the new lyrics and here's what I get from the clips of Wild One and Carpe Diem, seeing as the lyrics we already had were a bit off.

Wild One

She, she's my wild one (wild one)

My heart is in panic

Her eyes look so manic now

She, little wild one (wild one)

My heart is a chaser

She's strung out on razors now

Carpe Diem

Breakin' in a sweat, like a bomb threat

Is your silhouette fading out?

Nothing left to lose, detonate the fuse

Another break in this blowout

Ain't it beautiful, so unusual?

Life's a guess and it's running out

Living ____, gonna seize the day

Bottle rockets to celebrate

Carpe diem, a battle cry!

Are we all too young to die?

Ask a reason and no reply

Are we all too young to die?

Making a living, making a killing

What's left for giving? Alright!

It's "living a cliché, gonna seize the day" for Carpe Diem. And I think it might be "life's a gas and it's running out" since that'd make more sense.

Not a native speaker, but On Kill the Dj I think that after the first chorus Billie says "I'll pick up what's left in the club" and at the end of the song it sounds like "shit's about to get you boy".

Tried to make out some Lady Cobra lyrics. No idea how accurate they are but it's fun regardless.

I don't want to make you cry

Cross my heart and hope to die

Drawing blood and ? stars

Drinking ? for cheap guitars

I don't wanna suicide, I don't want this to end

I just want to be your friend

Oh, your friend

It's drinking piss for cheap guitars.. That refers to a bet that Billie made with someone about a year ago to drink from a bucket they had all been using during some Foxboro rehearsals, the prize being a signed LPJ guitar. It's ebony, and sitting in the corner of the room I am in right now.

And I wasn't the one who took that drink!!!!

Fell For You lyrics it's one of my favorites -I shouldn't have read it so far. First 2 lines: I cracked up with laughter :lol: but it's so romantic ♥

The first two lines of Fell For You and the first two lines of Angel Blue kind of sound similar musically. I keep mixing them up. The songs otherwise have nothing in common but "Woke up in a pool of sweat, at first I thought that I pissed the bed" is delivered in much the same way as a lot of the lines in Angel Blue.

Not sure how far the lyrics for Kill The DJ have developed.

Maybe this was already noted by someone, but instead of

"The bull left on the dance floor

Ridin', runnin' red"

I'm hearing:

"The blood left on the dance floor

running, running red"

Not sure how far the lyrics for Kill The DJ have developed.

Maybe this was already noted by someone, but instead of

"The bull left on the dance floor

Ridin', runnin' red"

I'm hearing:

running, running red"

Yeah I agree. It sounds better than the bull one anyway :P

Also the reason I haven't added the Angel Blue lyrics to the OP is because I thought we'd be better off waiting for a clearer recording, the lyrics are pretty muffled in the one we've got.

Thanks so much for working all these out, I wouldn't have a hope trying to work them out on my own.

running, running red"

I agree with this too.

Thanks so much for working all these out, I wouldn't have a hope trying to work them out on my own.

I agree with this too.

It's on GDA like this now

Okay, so here are updated lyrics for "Lady Cobra" based on Ballad's first draft:

Well I met a girl named Lady Cobra

Her black heart beat screams sinning clover

She gives me chills and fever blisters

She's serving spells and voodoo shakes

She just wants to get me high

Stick a needle in my eye

Reeks like a loss of temptation, living on my inner demons

I just wanna be your friend

Cuddle up with me real tight

Talk to me by candlelight

Do you wanna play a game of Twister

Like a dirty old man with a babysitter?

Drawin' blood and lonely stars

Drink and kiss for cheap guitars

Oh, your friend

Okay, so here are updated lyrics for "Lady Cobra" based on Ballad's first draft:

She gives me chills and creeper blisters

That looks just about right, except I think it's 'fever blisters'.

She gives me chills and fever blisters

She just wants to get me high

Stick a needle in my eye

Reeks like a loss of temptation, living on my inner demons

Cuddle up with me real tight

Talk to me by candlelight

Do you wanna play a game of Twister

Like a dirty old man with a babysitter?

Drawin' blood and lonely stars

Drink and kiss for cheap guitars

Oh, your friend

Great job! Only thing I hear differently is I think it's "holding on my inner demons". Not that it matters, only one word. :lol:

OK, the AP article said that 'Amy' had a line 'We used to call it speed but now it's crystal meth.' Greenday.com gave us the original official lyrics to Amy (see page 1), and it contains nothing of the sort. Do you think Billie really added a line like that? It just seems so out of place. Amy Winehouse did use crystal meth (among many other drugs).... if that's the case and those lyrics really do go into this song and not some other song, I really hope they're in an additional verse and not in place of another one because they're not exactly as beautiful in content as the rest of the song (though the lyrics were already very direct/honest/unpoetic with the line "and you walked away from your drink.")

OK, the AP article said that 'Amy' had a line 'We used to call it speed but now it's crystal meth.' Greenday.com gave us the original official lyrics to Amy (see page 1), and it contains nothing of the sort. Do you think Billie really added a line like that? It just seems so out of place. Amy Winehouse did use crystal meth (among many other drugs).... if that's the case and those lyrics really do go into this song and not some other song, I really hope they're in an additional verse and not in place of another one because they're not exactly as beautiful in content as the rest of the song (though the lyrics were already very direct/honest/unpoetic with the line "and you walked away from your drink.")

when having a nice song about someone who passed away, why would you bring up their drug abuse/addiction? that was a bad part of her life that she got over, but then you bring it back up? i don't get it.

I really hope the article fucked up and meant to put a different song title in there, a song that IS about drugs. Then that's fine. I would hate for that to be in Amy... but I guess I need to see the rest of the context of the line (if it's something about the cycles of death in music... eh....)

Archived