Welcome to Green Day Community

Hey Green Day fans! Join our community now, totally free, to talk with other Green Day fans from around the world about everything going on with the band. Talk about the current tour, current news, speculation, and we have general topics to talk about current events, life, anything that's on your mind. It's a little corner of the internet where Green Day fans can come together. Join us!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Maria Gloria

Lyrics for ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, ¡Tre! songs

365 posts in this topic

I think the line in Nuclear Family:

Sick baby, baby, bloody mary - Oh yeah!

sounds more like:

Scream screaming, screaming bloody murder - oh yeah!

And the line in Kill the DJ:

Walking in the dark

sounds more like:

Walking after dark

It's a lot clearer in the Huey Cam video

3 people like this

Awesome! Thanks for collecting those together. Anybody got stop when the red lights flash or wow thats loud?

Thank you so much! Ive been looking for mostly correct Kill the DJ lyrics.

Yup, I have no problem with this thread.

Note: posts besides the opening post really don't need spoiler tags.

1 person likes this

I think the line in Nuclear Family:

Sick baby, baby, bloody mary - Oh yeah!

sounds more like:

Scream screaming, screaming bloody murder - oh yeah!

And the line in Kill the DJ:

Walking in the dark

sounds more like:

Walking after dark

It's a lot clearer in the Huey Cam video

Yeah you're right, edited the OP :)

Added Amanda too, I forgot about that one. Incomplete but there's a vague outline there.

Let Yourself Go

I've updated the lyrics and put them on GDA

http://www.greendaya...music/song/326/

Stay the Night

Stay, stay the night

(No oh's)

Carpe Diem

Getting off a binge

Get a second wind

Nuclear Family

Well you're not gonna join a conspiracy

Kill the DJ

Just need to wait a couple days to hear the real thing :lol:

I found a video on Youtube where an Indonesian guy and a Japanese one sang entirely Amanda.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FnnzsDkkCLw

Edit: I forgot to mention there are the full lyrics :)

That's amazing, Maria Gloria! Thanks for putting everything together :)

why every spoiler when I click on "Show" button doesn't open?

anyone can help me?

thanks

I think the last line of the Kill the DJ chorus is "What culture war did you hide in your mind?" rather than "You cut a hole...."

why can't I see the lyrics even if I click on Show?

I know we're going to find out the truth soon, but I can't help but continue to insist that the "The darkness and the" line in Kill the DJ he's actually saying something about "Sodom and Gemorrah and the century of thrills" I swear I hear it :P

I'm really excited to find out the real second verse of Kill the DJ, it sounds like he's going straight for it in attacking crappy pop music that will strangle you "to death unless you..." listen to "rockin rock n roll" Fuck yeah!

nice...

y'know this is lyric thread...

but, if someone can play that song with guitar..

please tell the chords, or the tab... :happy:

why every spoiler when I click on "Show" button doesn't open?

anyone can help me?

thanks

That happens to me if the page isn't completely load. Maybe you have the same problem

Great! Thanks a lot for the lyrics! :lol:

Wow, a lot of these lyrics are a lot different from what Billie normally does.

Usually you can sort of feel his writing style, but these feel a little different.

On a couple of them I'm even getting a sort of Thom Yorke vibe. (Lead singer/songwriter of Radiohead)

i.e. Nuclear Family, Kill The DJ, Wild One.

In case you've never read Thom Yorke's lyrics here's a couple of songs, he's really good:

Bodysnatchers

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/r/radiohead/bodysnatchers.html

A Wolf At The Door (my favorite song of his lyrically)

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/r/radiohead/a_wolf_at_the_door.html

But also a lot of these lyrics are some of the most straightforward Billie's ever wrote.

Very useful. :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot for this!

Before all I heard was 'Blafgidajadaref' :lol:

It's so interesting how much cursing is on this album compared to previous. You'd think as Billie matures, he'd find more interesting words than "fucking" to describe everything, but if anything he's getting worse :lol:

This isn't entirely accurate (especially the first 2 albums?) but this is how many songs are normally explicit on a Green Day album.

1039SOSH: 0/19

Kerplunk: 0/16

Dookie: 2/15

Warning: 1/12

American Idiot: 6/13

21CB: 4/18

Uno: 7/12

Wow! I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but... sometimes you wish he'd using a more interesting adjective :lol:

It's so interesting how much cursing is on this album compared to previous. You'd think as Billie matures, he'd find more interesting words than "fucking" to describe everything, but if anything he's getting worse :lol:

This isn't entirely accurate (especially the first 2 albums?) but this is how many songs are normally explicit on a Green Day album.

1039SOSH: 0/19

Kerplunk: 0/16

Dookie: 2/15

Warning: 1/12

American Idiot: 6/13

21CB: 4/18

Uno: 7/12

Wow! I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but... sometimes you wish he'd using a more interesting adjective :lol:

I've always wondered why Billie just randomly started saying "fag/faggot" on the AI album. He said it twice. Also he said "niggers" during Mass Hysteria which was pretty ballsy, I haven't really seen many rock bands say that word. I think he is overkilling the use of the word fuck though. It's fine to use it to get your point across, but when you start using it too much it makes it seem like a placeholder. Like he was thinking "Damn, I can't think of a word to put here to so the line goes with the melody. Eh, I'll just put fuck."

1 person likes this

I've always wondered why Billie just randomly started saying "fag/faggot" on the AI album. He said it twice. Also he said "niggers" during Mass Hysteria which was pretty ballsy, I haven't really seen many rock bands say that word. I think he is overkilling the use of the word fuck though. It's fine to use it to get your point across, but when you start using it too much it makes it seem like a placeholder. Like he was thinking "Damn, I can't think of a word to put here to so the line goes with the melody. Eh, I'll just put fuck."

I agree. I think it works fine in Let Yourself Go for the "Don't give a fuck anyway," but then there's places later on in the song where it just makes him seem lazy.

I agree. I think it works fine in Let Yourself Go for the "Don't give a fuck anyway," but then there's places later on in the song where it just makes him seem lazy.

(It's fine here) (Starts to be a bit too much) (Really?)

"Everyone is fucking with my head now/Don't stop fucking with my head now/You're fucking with my fucking head"

2 people like this

21cb has a lot of fucks in it