Green Day Tweets

Fuzz

LOL it's funny how Evan Rachel Wood seems very annoyed about this misconception :lol: Then again, I wouldn't want my love to be associated with that video either....

I could not care less about her relationship or that video.

That video bugs me so much. He wrote the song about his father and made the video about the war in Iraq. It makes no sense. Could have been a much more emotional video and there would have been no misconceptions about what the song was about.

• Like 1

That video bugs me so much. He wrote the song about his father and made the video about the war in Iraq. It makes no sense. Could have been a much more emotional video and there would have been no misconceptions about what the song was about.

Nothing wrong with bringing a new angle to a song with a music video instead of just representing exactly what's being sung about, some of the most interesting videos ever made have done that. Just unfortunate that in this case the new angle was executed in an extremely bad, annoying and cringetastic manner.

You think a video that looks at the impact of what was a current event isn't emotional? You think their relationship being torn apart by his sense of duty to his country isn't sad? You don't think that at the end when it is implied that he died in war and left his partner who was so young is emotional?

It's a sad song, the video doesn't have to tell you the exact story the song tells.

People can take different meanings from a song than why the songwriter originally wrote it and that song is just all about grief and mourning and it applies to so many people because it's not totally obvious what it's about if you're not a huge green day fan.

I don't think it's simple enough to just say he "wrote it about his father." I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing, placing a song about September on an album that would be described as anti-war that was released in 2004, just shortly after 9/11. It would be interpreted as being about 9/11, as well as any other bad things that happened in September, despite what it's original inspiration was.

• Like 2

Jeff Matika @jeffmatika · Apr 29

I'm back.

Derrek Young @kuelderrek Apr 28

still regret not taking a picture with billy joe armstrong that day i saw him eating lunch at the same restaurant as me

Tianna Sumer @tiannasumer Apr 28

Found out Billie Joe was in this record store last week so finding this gem was appropriate. Thanks http://instagram.com/p/nWI8eIj5mA/#

Jason Anderson @JasonAnderson55 May 9

Lead singer of green day on my flight. Praying to god an acoustic set breaks out

Nicole Kelly @mskelly07 May 9

I think dude from Green Day is boarding flight next to me #SFO #21Guns #GoodRiddance #wakemeupwenseptennnndddsss

TiffMann Photography @TiffMannPhoto · 2h

OMFG! I got a new instagram follower....BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG!!!! AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

BoY7oZzIAAAU5DI.jpg

‏@GreenDayGeek33: The shirt Billie wore at American Idiot last night makes me think of the Foxboro Hot Tubs #groovy pic.twitter.com/L3VEE2HI5p

BoYqf71CcAIXVyT.jpg

@moorejohn : Yes, that's Billie Joe Armstrong of @GreenDay flipping me off. #AsGoodAsItGets @BJAofficial @IdiotOnTour pic.twitter.com/jC6LUHA2YB

BoY0BnkIIAA4hvu.jpg

@evanjaynewman : What an amazing night! So many of the Broadway creatives from American Idiot AND @BJAofficial and Tre Cool! #NoWords pic.twitter.com/7pAO2wTvwa
BoaBu3cCIAAJb_b.jpg
  • Like 2