Jason White official Green Day member?

melissastrong95

Now this is getting ridiculous.

But it wouldn't be the first time that a GD related press release has false information in it.

There are still too many arguments speaking for Jason being a member. Like the Cuatro movie poster. Or the end credits of the VH1 cut where Jason clearly isn't listed as an additional musician.

tumblr_mi4i2hMrIs1rc6bcqo1_r1_1280.png

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason for president!

I'd rather vote for Billie since he's the one who wrote the lyrics to American Idiot, 21st Century Breakdown and 99 Revolutions :P

I love Jason, but seeing Green Day in December of 2011 at Not So Silent Night in Oakland with just the 3 of them was pretty amazing.

Mike: Why won't you let me?

Mike: I hereby irrevocably appoint Jason White official member of Green Day, effective immediately.

Mike: Yeah, done deal. Okay?

Fans: Have you been drinking?

Mike: Chlorophyll.

don't argue with me ok.. just find this is funny, i don't mind jason is official or not lol

http://www.greenday.com/news/green-day-announce-additional-live-dates-132506

"Green Day is vocalist/guitarist Billie Joe Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt, and drummer Tré Cool. "

ba dum tss

Well that's pretty cut and dry. I don't think anyone has a valid point against this as saying "well, they get things wrong sometimes" is very conditional, not to mention you could say the same for anything. If I had to pick definitively, I'd say he's not in the band. the management has consistently left Jason out of every release about the group for months now. I'm a bit surprised the discussion is still open really, considering it's all been hashed back and forth for a while with no clear result, but this is pretty solid.

Of course, they do get things wrong now and then ;) But this is just a bit too consistent.

He's done enough work with them at this point as far as recording and live shows go that he deserves as much credit as he can get. I always considered him like an "unofficially official 4th member" :lol:

As far as I'm concerned if the dude wants to start doing photos and whatnot with the band then more power to him. I would love to see how many people would flip out over it. If he wants to sit back and leave the focus on the three of them, more power to him.

I'm sorry but anyone saying that he shouldn't be considered an official member is redeculous. Maybe you don't see him in the same light as the main 3 members, maybe you don't like the idea of a 4-piece Green Day, but like I said earlier, you gotta give credit where credit's due. Hasn't he been with them since the Warning era or so anyways?

I think the GreenDay.com post is just another nail in the 'Jason in Green Day' coffin.

Even if they shoehorned him in at this stage, would he really be given the appreciation a full member of Green Day deserves?

We wouldn't have seen Jason grow the way we've heard Billie's voice evolve from the youthful exuberance of Burnout to the mature, technical mastery on the likes of EJN or 21 Guns.

We wouldn't have seen Jason grow the way we've heard Tre's drumming evolve from the machine-gun single stroke rolls on Chump to the explosive fills on Homecoming, the forearm-splitting Latin influence of the 200 bpm Peacemaker or the nuances that literally make Rusty James.

We wouldn't have seen Jason grow the way we've heard Mike's grooves evolve from the once-in-a-trip line from Longview to the backbone of Holiday, that gets whole stadiums pumping their fists in the air.

We weren't embracing Jason's presence when Tre Cool swam in David Letterman's pool, or climbed the Universal globe, or when Green Day sang Christmas carols with Serena Williams, or when Green Day goofed off with Cameron Diaz on TV....

You know I could just go on. Jason White is an excellent musician who deserves his own band to be recognized for the talent that he possesses.

But that band, is not Green Day.

I think the GreenDay.com post is just another nail in the 'Jason in Green Day' coffin.

Even if they shoehorned him in at this stage, would he really be given the appreciation a full member of Green Day deserves?

We wouldn't have seen Jason grow the way we've heard Billie's voice evolve from the youthful exuberance of Burnout to the mature, technical mastery on the likes of EJN or 21 Guns.

We wouldn't have seen Jason grow the way we've heard Tre's drumming evolve from the machine-gun single stroke rolls on Chump to the explosive fills on Homecoming, the forearm-splitting Latin influence of the 200 bpm Peacemaker or the nuances that literally make Rusty James.

We wouldn't have seen Jason grow the way we've heard Mike's grooves evolve from the once-in-a-trip line from Longview to the backbone of Holiday, that gets whole stadiums pumping their fists in the air.

We weren't embracing Jason's presence when Tre Cool swam in David Letterman's pool, or climbed the Universal globe, or when Green Day sang Christmas carols with Serena Williams, or when Green Day goofed off with Cameron Diaz on TV....

You know I could just go on. Jason White is an excellent musician who deserves his own band to be recognized for the talent that he possesses.

But that band, is not Green Day.

You realize Jason been around Billie and Mike BEFORE Tre even came around (tho didnt play publicly with em til 2000) lol

And why bring up EJN or 21 Guns or Rusty James Jason was there for those songs hell Jason has an uncredited performance on the Warning album on "Hold On"

But greenday.com posting is a eh kinda of a moot point til the band apeaks up more publicly

You realize Jason been around Billie and Mike BEFORE Tre even came around (tho didnt play publicly with em til 2000) lol

And why bring up EJN or 21 Guns or Rusty James Jason was there for those songs hell Jason has an uncredited performance on the Warning album on "Hold On"

But greenday.com posting is a eh kinda of a moot point til the band apeaks up more publicly

I hear you, man. I know Jason's been around for eons, I remember him from the When I Come Around video as well.

In bringing up those songs I know he was there, but that wasn't the point I was making, mate. I meant to show how we've been listening to the three guys for 20-odd years, and Jason only now.

I hear you, man. I know Jason's been around for eons, I remember him from the When I Come Around video as well.

In bringing up those songs I know he was there, but that wasn't the point I was making, mate. I meant to show how we've been listening to the three guys for 20-odd years, and Jason only now.

To be fair alot of the people here got on GD when Idiot came out so they should be used to Jason lol

End of day doesnt matter if he is or isnt i just find it funny some act like having Jason around is ruining them the "he making them change their sound!" attitude some have with him

To be fair alot of the people here got on GD when Idiot came out so they should be used to Jason lol

End of day doesnt matter if he is or isnt i just find it funny some act like having Jason around is ruining them the "he making them change their sound!" attitude some have with him

But he did ruin their sound, it's all a conspiracy, he's why the trilogy failed. He's mad he doesn't get the publicity he wants and is trying to kill the band's sound/image. :creep::toocool::ninja::thumbsup:

But he did ruin their sound, it's all a conspiracy, he's why the trilogy failed. He's mad he doesn't get the publicity he wants and is trying to kill the band's sound/image. :creep::toocool::ninja::thumbsup:

Well Jason came around playing with them in 99/00 Warning comes out in Oct 2000 and they changed their sound u know Jason must have been the reason for that damn him burn him at the stake!

This argument isn't even going anywhere, all you guys are doing is just giving reasons why he is and isn't. Yes both sides have some pretty good arguments but in the end does it really matter? He's still going to play with them live, he's still going to be on their records, he's still going to do the occasional interview.

Does it really matter in the end?

Well Jason came around playing with them in 99/00 Warning comes out in Oct 2000 and they changed their sound u know Jason must have been the reason for that damn him burn him at the stake!

I find pretty much everything you post extremely hilarious Tim :wub:

LOL, no.

This argument isn't even going anywhere, all you guys are doing is just giving reasons why he is and isn't. Yes both sides have some pretty good arguments but in the end does it really matter? He's still going to play with them live, he's still going to be on their records, he's still going to do the occasional interview.

Does it really matter in the end?

What you said is basically just proof that he's in the band. I think this should just be closed.

• 1 month later...

It will take some getting used to Green Day being a four piece, but Jason deserves credit because he was on !UNO!, !DOS!, and !TRE!.

I want him as official member. But one thing that i don't like to him that he is shy. There are rare videos on YouTube, in you can see him talking.

People are getting confused more and more. After putting out a DVD with Jason on the cover, it's pretty stupid to release a press statement where he isn't listed as a member. It doesn't really matter whether he's a member or not, but it should be consistent at least.

Entertainment Weekly mentioned Jason as a member in last week's issue

C'mon guys, Billie has said that he's a member on more than one occasion and he is in the credits of Cuatro under "Green Day" and not "Additional Musicians." That's all the proof I need.

Entertainment Weekly mentioned Jason as a member in last week's issue

but Idiot Nation doesnt. I think Idiot Nation knows better than Entertainment Weekly... still it doesn't really matter that much wheither he is official or not

Archived