Jason White official Green Day member?

melissastrong95

Joe Perry was present at their contest he didnt sign it so by your idiotic fucking logic he is NOT a member of Aerosmith...

And if Jason wasnt official he wouldnt have been listed with the main credits of the album or the dvd he'd been listed as additional musician

Can you tell me why the band had him added to their record contract with the label?

Can you tell me WHY Billie and Mike has said he's a official but i guess Billie and Mike dont know what the fuck they saying right?

Get over it he's official

The contract isnt public i know cause one i have worked for WMG in the past and the VP of Access Industries who owns WMG is a close family friend.

As far as Cuatro the box set edition will still have Jason as the cover

Jason is official by band and label wise yall really just need to get over it

Jason wife just had a baby maybe Jason was busy dealing with that to be at x games ever thought of that?

Surely you can have a civil debate on this matter without getting excited? It's good that you're as passionate about Green Day as I am, I suppose.

I don't know about whether Joe Perry was at Guitar Centre or not, I don't think a GC signing can compare to the scale of iHeartRadio's publicity but I do not want to talk about other bands.

I think what Billie Joe has said about Jason White being the fourth member has been misconstrued by many of us. It's to do with the songwriting process really. I think because a lot of the material was written on the last tour, Jason was a natural contributor the process because he happened to be there anyway as the back-up guitarist. You can't just stuff him under 'additional musicians' after he's been there the whole time you've been writing a trilogy.

When Billie said 'he's been our 4th member' I think he meant it in a literal sense. I don't think he meant that Jason IS Green Day. He meant that Jason was there, and played guitar. And that's exactly what the liner notes say. And why not stick him on Cuatro while they're at it? They might even have put Matika or Freese on 'Cinco' if there was one.

I'm afraid all we have to go on about the contract is your word that you 'know people' and 'worked' in Warner. Since you're hardly being impartial about Jason White being in Green Day, I don't think we can take that as concrete evidence.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My sons mother started going in labor and was in the hospital almost a week before she gave birth pregnancies are tricky i can understand if that was a reason him not going

I am glad your wife delivered a healthy baby.

But what has this got to do with Jason White being an official member?

I am glad your wife delivered a healthy baby.

But what has this got to do with Jason White being an official member?

Dont ever on ta life call her my wife lmao she wasn't

And i said that cause of maybe Jason was in the hospital during x game even tho the baby was born a few days after maybe the wife went in earlier we dunno

Surely you can have a civil debate on this matter without getting excited? It's good that you're as passionate about Green Day as I am, I suppose.

I don't know about whether Joe Perry was at Guitar Centre or not, I don't think a GC signing can compare to the scale of iHeartRadio's publicity but I do not want to talk about other bands.

I think what Billie Joe has said about Jason White being the fourth member has been misconstrued by many of us. It's to do with the songwriting process really. I think because a lot of the material was written on the last tour, Jason was a natural contributor the process because he happened to be there anyway as the back-up guitarist. You can't just stuff him under 'additional musicians' after he's been there the whole time you've been writing a trilogy.

When Billie said 'he's been our 4th member' I think he meant it in a literal sense. I don't think he meant that Jason IS Green Day. He meant that Jason was there, and played guitar. And that's exactly what the liner notes say. And why not stick him on Cuatro while they're at it? They might even have put Matika or Freese on 'Cinco' if there was one.

I'm afraid all we have to go on about the contract is your word that you 'know people' and 'worked' in Warner. Since you're hardly being impartial about Jason White being in Green Day, I don't think we can take that as concrete evidence.

Sorry but your whole theory of Jason didnt sign the instrument so he's not a member is just fucking stupid and idiotic I'm sorry others may not say or skirt around but I'll say it it's stupid and idiotic.

When I bring you proof of other examples then you want to pull the "let's not bring other bands" why not? Cause then you would have to admit your theory is wrong and in the end idiotic...

MIKE DIRNT also confirmed Jason during the X Games q&a let me guess he was joking too right?

Jason didn't write any songs on the trilogy (at least not credited) so if he wasnt an official member he would have been just listed as additional musician

I'd be more incline if there wasnt contracts involved the credits the cautro cover Billie and Moke confirming the magazine artice announcing it

I'm not sure really what I think about this. Jason is amazing but to me green day will always just be the three, although I do agree he should get credit for what he adds

Sorry but your whole theory of Jason didnt sign the instrument so he's not a member is just fucking stupid and idiotic I'm sorry others may not say or skirt around but I'll say it it's stupid and idiotic.

When I bring you proof of other examples then you want to pull the "let's not bring other bands" why not? Cause then you would have to admit your theory is wrong and in the end idiotic...

MIKE DIRNT also confirmed Jason during the X Games q&a let me guess he was joking too right?

Jason didn't write any songs on the trilogy (at least not credited) so if he wasnt an official member he would have been just listed as additional musician

I'd be more incline if there wasnt contracts involved the credits the cautro cover Billie and Moke confirming the magazine artice announcing it

Must I point out again how unreliable those Quatro credits are? That damn thing has been delayed/edited several times since we heard of it, and even more since we got the preview. Either way, your whole "I know a guy" about the contract thing is about as unreliable as it gets man! Still, I've yet to hear anyone say he is an OFFICIAL member, which is what this thread is about. More concrete and definitive evidence from the label they are signed too points to him not being an official member. End of story. Besides your "I know a guy", "what BJ and MD said" statements, you haven't really brought anything to the table. Where as every bit of info from every release the label has issued as well as every major magazine (as far as I know) haven't mentioned Jason White, at all or very little.

A band of Green Days caliber wouldn't have been able to add a member without the media noting on it. As far as I've seen, no one outside of this fansite gives a damn about Jason, and for good reason really. He's just a friend of theirs that plays live. He may have helped write the trilogy so that's why he's included under bandmates instead of contributing, because he didn't just record a sax or trombone, he actually wrote something. That's a logical difference right there. I think Jason has the piss poorest stage prescence. He's not "mellow" as many will rise to arms to say, he's a fucking bore. The music he actually writes, I hate. I don't mind him making that music though, it's his. What I do mind is him bringing that into Green Day, I don't want that at all. Someone else said it before, but it feels like him "riding on the coattails of his friends band". Whether he is or isn't I don't know.

In the end he has been there and deserves credit for his deeds and that's all. Honestly, most of what has happened concerning him looks like nothing more than him just getting a bit of well deserved credit. For the 10,000,000th time, if he is a member it's not official, and it's not on the level of Billie, Mike, and Tre.

Must I point out again how unreliable those Quatro credits are? That damn thing has been delayed/edited several times since we heard of it, and even more since we got the preview. Either way, your whole "I know a guy" about the contract thing is about as unreliable as it gets man! Still, I've yet to hear anyone say he is an OFFICIAL member, which is what this thread is about. More concrete and definitive evidence from the label they are signed too points to him not being an official member. End of story. Besides your "I know a guy", "what BJ and MD said" statements, you haven't really brought anything to the table. Where as every bit of info from every release the label has issued as well as every major magazine (as far as I know) haven't mentioned Jason White, at all or very little.

A band of Green Days caliber wouldn't have been able to add a member without the media noting on it. As far as I've seen, no one outside of this fansite gives a damn about Jason, and for good reason really. He's just a friend of theirs that plays live. He may have helped write the trilogy so that's why he's included under bandmates instead of contributing, because he didn't just record a sax or trombone, he actually wrote something. That's a logical difference right there. I think Jason has the piss poorest stage prescence. He's not "mellow" as many will rise to arms to say, he's a fucking bore. The music he actually writes, I hate. I don't mind him making that music though, it's his. What I do mind is him bringing that into Green Day, I don't want that at all. Someone else said it before, but it feels like him "riding on the coattails of his friends band". Whether he is or isn't I don't know.

In the end he has been there and deserves credit for his deeds and that's all. Honestly, most of what has happened concerning him looks like nothing more than him just getting a bit of well deserved credit. For the 10,000,000th time, if he is a member it's not official, and it's not on the level of Billie, Mike, and Tre.

The credits are unreliable DUMBASS GO WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE ON YOUTUBE tell me where his name is located

Go watch the q&a thats on gda Mike says it

Go look at the magazine scans you'll see one of the UK biggest music magazine side bar bout Jason being a member

Of course i could post pics from the contract but i would stand to lose my job but some people that post here have known me for more than 10 years been in music business for 14 years have my own gold and platinum plaques in my name my creditibility is quite high

that's definitely a good choice the guys made by making him an official member, because has Green Day really been a trio for the past 10 years?

The credits are unreliable DUMBASS GO WATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE ON YOUTUBE tell me where his name is located

Go watch the q&a thats on gda Mike says it

Go look at the magazine scans you'll see one of the UK biggest music magazine side bar bout Jason being a member

Of course i could post pics from the contract but i would stand to lose my job but some people that post here have known me for more than 10 years been in music business for 14 years have my own gold and platinum plaques in my name my creditibility is quite high

I didn't say those credits aren't there, I said that relying so heavily on an unfinished movie isn't your best move, no need to get excited.

I have seen all of those things, you keep just spewing out the same things over and over. The label has released nothing at all to indicate that Jason is a member officially or contractually. You saying "I could post pics" is nothing. You have shown on multiple occasions on this forum that you can be very wrong when it comes to what a label does and doesn't do. Not an opinion, you've been proven wrong on this fan-site multiple times.

As far as I'm concerned, the bands management has released nothing to indicate Jason is an official (contractual) member of the band. You romping around throwing fits because we don't take you on your word (on a fan-site) that you have seen the bands contract is just immature. Until I get irrevocable evidence saying Jason is a member, in every sense, I'm not buying into it too much.

I didn't say those credits aren't there, I said that relying so heavily on an unfinished movie isn't your best move, no need to get excited.

I have seen all of those things, you keep just spewing out the same things over and over. The label has released nothing at all to indicate that Jason is a member officially or contractually. You saying "I could post pics" is nothing. You have shown on multiple occasions on this forum that you can be very wrong when it comes to what a label does and doesn't do. Not an opinion, you've been proven wrong on this fan-site multiple times.

As far as I'm concerned, the bands management has released nothing to indicate Jason is an official (contractual) member of the band. You romping around throwing fits because we don't take you on your word (on a fan-site) that you have seen the bands contract is just immature. Until I get irrevocable evidence saying Jason is a member, in every sense, I'm not buying into it too much.

You don't even take the fucking founders of Green Day word for it then you aren't going to accept it Billie has said Jason was official in THREE different magazines but you still dont accept

Ill tell you what come out to Cali next month ill take u to WMG and after that if u can still prove he's not official I'll transfer my entire saving account to you prove me wrong...

Yes I have been wrong and I have admitted when I was but I've been right more times than wrong

But whatever

You don't even take the fucking founders of Green Day word for it then you aren't going to accept it Billie has said Jaspn was official in THREE different magazines but you still dont accept

Ill tell you what come out to Cali next month ill take u to WMG and after that if u can still prove he's not official I'll transfer my entire saving account to you prove me wrong...

Yes I have been wrong and I have admitted when I was but I've been right more times than wrong

But whatever

I'll be on the next flight out!

Right,whatever.

Jesus man, grow up. Sorry not everyone worships the fucking ground you walk on. I gave a very simple demand; the label issue something definitive and I'll take that. A small little statement, not unlike the dozens they release on Idiot Club for much smaller things. A small 2 sentence statement and I'm happy. Just a little something OFFICIAL, the key word to the whole discussion.

I'll be on the next flight out!

Right,whatever.

Jesus man, grow up. Sorry not everyone worships the fucking ground you walk on. I gave a very simple demand; the label issue something definitive and I'll take that. A small little statement, not unlike the dozens they release on Idiot Club for much smaller things. A small 2 sentence statement and I'm happy. Just a little something OFFICIAL, the key word to the whole discussion.

I'm not asking anyone to worship the ground I walk on but why would you trust a label when YOU don't even trust the band? Or the magazines?

And immature? Nope just bored

Fuck this thread is going on my nerves. Can't believe people are still arguing about this.

I'm pretty sure the correct answer to the question if Jason White is an official member of Green Day is:

"Yeaaaaah. But not really."

Yes, he is probably signed as an official member on Warner's contract. Yes, he is credited as a member of Green Day in all of the trilogy's booklets.

But he is not present on any photoshoot except the one for the booklet. He isn't featured in any interview made for the trilogy. In the music videos for the trilogy, he is only seen for a few seconds and doesn't have as much screen time as Billie, Mike and Tré. It's weird how WhiteTim just plain ignores these facts.

Jason is per contract a member of Green Day. But he just isn't treated the same as the Billie, Mike and Tré. He's not on the same "level". He just isn't. And it's probably because he personally wants it to be like that.

Are we done now?

Fuck this thread is going on my nerves. Can't believe people are still arguing about this.

I'm pretty sure the correct answer to the question if Jason White is an official member of Green Day is:

Yes, he is probably signed as an official member on Warner's contract. Yes, he is credited as a member of Green Day in all of the trilogy's booklets.

But he is on not present on any photoshoot except the one for the booklet. He isn't featured in any interview made for the trilogy. It's weird how WhiteTim just plain ignores these facts.

Jason is per contract a member of Green Day. But he just isn't treated the same as the Billie, Mike and Tré. He's not on the same "level". He just isn't. And it's probably because he personally wants it to be like that.

Are we done now?

XD HAHA man, I agree with you, but I've been saying that exact thing this whole time. I don't know about the contract of course, as it's confidential.

Regardless of legalities, I don't like Jason either, what we've seen of him.

But he is not present on any photoshoot except the one for the booklet. He isn't featured in any interview made for the trilogy. In the music videos for the trilogy, he is only seen for a few seconds and doesn't have as much screen time as Billie, Mike and Tré. It's weird how WhiteTim just plain ignores these facts.

Are we done now?

Photoshoots Jason is in alot of the photos (the book version at least)

Videos ok and? Phoniex isnt on alot of Linkin Park videos or does alot of interviews does that make him any less of a member of Linkin Park?

And I have never said Jason has the same role as Billie Mike or Tre I'm saying he is official no where did I ever say he was on the same scale as Billie or Mike or Tre...

yeah, I also think that Jason doesn't really want all the attention that the trio has.

Yeah he looks kinda shy in front of journalists

Just to clear up on my end

I'm not arguing that Jason is on the same level as Billie Mike or Tre

By that I agree he doesn't

My argument is just that he is a official member to them and paperwork

But that doesnt mean he has the same say so as far as "i wrote this and thats what we are doing" and shit

Billie has never said "official" in any magazine. Never. He has, however, said "unofficial."

As far as I can tell based on all the evidence on both sides of the argument, Jason White is, as Rob Cavallo put it, their "official unofficial 4th member" - he's part of the band, but simply not to the same level as Billie, Mike, and Tré. He's still not treated the same way, he's not in the interviews and all the photo shoots, he didn't play a part in writing the new songs (according to the credits shown on ASCAP, which are 99.9999% official and accurate), and he's not given the same amount and kind of attention. I would still compare his role to that of, say, the horn players in No Doubt - official yet not at the same time.

This isn't to say that Jason won't become more official and on the same level in the future - perhaps he will. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. He's a shy guy, likes his privacy, and there's a reason he's always declined Billie's previous invitations for him to join the band. He just doesn't want that kind of attention. Or he didn't, whichever. But I'm not expecting him to totally change his mind, because he seems to be happy in the role he's had for the last 15 years.

But until there's some official statement or press release or something announcing Jason's status as the new 4th member, I'm just going to consider him as that official unofficial extra part of Green Day.

I still don't see why this argument is still going though. It seems like we're just talking in circles at this point.

The movie has been delayed multiple times, so therefore the credits are wrong, and Jason White is not a member of Green Day.

Some of you people's arguments are just hilarious.

Billie has never said "official" in any magazine. Never. He has, however, said "unofficial."

As far as I can tell based on all the evidence on both sides of the argument, Jason White is, as Rob Cavallo put it, their "official unofficial 4th member" - he's part of the band, but simply not to the same level as Billie, Mike, and Tré. He's still not treated the same way, he's not in the interviews and all the photo shoots, he didn't play a part in writing the new songs (according to the credits shown on ASCAP, which are 99.9999% official and accurate), and he's not given the same amount and kind of attention. I would still compare his role to that of, say, the horn players in No Doubt - official yet not at the same time.

This isn't to say that Jason won't become more official and on the same level in the future - perhaps he will. But I also wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. He's a shy guy, likes his privacy, and there's a reason he's always declined Billie's previous invitations for him to join the band. He just doesn't want that kind of attention. Or he didn't, whichever. But I'm not expecting him to totally change his mind, because he seems to be happy in the role he's had for the last 15 years.

But until there's some official statement or press release or something announcing Jason's status as the new 4th member, I'm just going to consider him as that official unofficial extra part of Green Day.

I still don't see why this argument is still going though. It seems like we're just talking in circles at this point.

The difference there is that the horn players of No Doubt are credited as "Horns" or additional musicians. Jason White, on the trilogy, is credited as a member of Green Day. "Green Day is: Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool, Jason White". Compare this to 21st Century Breakdown, where Jason Freese, Tom Kitt, and Patrick Warren are credited as "additional musicians" separately from Green Day. If Jason was still a touring or session guitarist, then he would be credited as "additional guitars" or as an "additional musician."

"Green Day recently made touring guitarist Jason White part of the band. Has that affected the band in any way?

He's been with us for so long. He's kind of our Ronnie Wood; he's got a good sensibility. He plays like us as far as his picking style. He's a good musician. When we ask him an opinion, it's educated but it's arbitrary."

The difference there is that the horn players of No Doubt are credited as "Horns" or additional musicians. Jason White, on the trilogy, is credited as a member of Green Day. "Green Day is: Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, Tre Cool, Jason White". Compare this to 21st Century Breakdown, where Jason Freese, Tom Kitt, and Patrick Warren are credited as "additional musicians" separately from Green Day. If Jason was still a touring or session guitarist, then he would be credited as "additional guitars" or as an "additional musician."

"Green Day recently made touring guitarist Jason White part of the band. Has that affected the band in any way?

He's been with us for so long. He's kind of our Ronnie Wood; he's got a good sensibility. He plays like us as far as his picking style. He's a good musician. When we ask him an opinion, it's educated but it's arbitrary."

If I recall correctly, the album booklet doesn't specify that "Green Day is:" anything. I'm pretty sure it just lists each of them and their respective instruments. But I don't have my CDs with me - they're back home in the states. Regardless, No Doubt's horn players are actually like unofficial 5th and 6th members - they've recorded on every ND album and been in each tour, and they do some photo shoots (mostly at live events) and help with the writing (at least of their horn parts). They're not official, but they are significant and have a more important role than just some regular touring or session member.

That question you cited, again, does not specify that his official. Just that he's somehow a part of the band. And Mike's response didn't confirm anything directly.

All the evidence still points to official unofficial 4th member. That's how the band and Rob Cavallo have worded it, and that's how I'm going to word it. He's part of the band, yet not to the same level as the other three. Simple as that.

The credits of the CDs are the best and most simple argument. If he was a paid studio musician, he wouldn't be listed alongside the other three members. And of course, it's possible to say "Green Day do it differently", but that was never the case, guest musicians were always listed separately.

This whole discussion seems actually like a joke to me. How could you watch the VH1 version of Cuatro, in which Jason can be clearly seen as a full member, which means equall positions in discussions and also being featured as a voice-over, and still say "he's not official"? This is kinda silly. Actually with the documentary, it feels very natural to see him as a member. If this is not the case, there's no reasonable way to even like the movie.

On the other hand, some people only see what they want to. But that doesn't matter, because most people believe what they read in booklets, magazines and on Wikipedia. To the general audience, Jason IS an official member. It might be a bit confusing that he isn't on the magazine covers, but an equal position as Quatro in the Booklet seems a lot stronger to me.

Well, some people will never accept it. That's kinda sad, but that's the way it goes.

And of course, he's not on the same level as the other three. He's an official member now and it could also change with the next album. And besides, there is nothing official about Green Day, they don't need it. It's about music in first place, not business. I don't think Tré was ever introduced as an official member.

If I recall correctly, the album booklet doesn't specify that "Green Day is:" anything. I'm pretty sure it just lists each of them and their respective instruments. But I don't have my CDs with me - they're back home in the states. Regardless, No Doubt's horn players are actually like unofficial 5th and 6th members - they've recorded on every ND album and been in each tour, and they do some photo shoots (mostly at live events) and help with the writing (at least of their horn parts). They're not official, but they are significant and have a more important role than just some regular touring or session member.

That question you cited, again, does not specify that his official. Just that he's somehow a part of the band. And Mike's response didn't confirm anything directly.

All the evidence still points to official unofficial 4th member. That's how the band and Rob Cavallo have worded it, and that's how I'm going to word it. He's part of the band, yet not to the same level as the other three. Simple as that.

It doesn't say "Green Day is" but it places all four members together where it credits the members of the band known as "Green Day". If Jason was only an additional instrumentalist, then he would be listed with Tom Kitt as an additional musician on the back cover of the booklet.

Honestly, it's silly to think that someone from Green Day's organization needs to come forward and use the word "official" to integrate someone into the band when it's clear that he's been added as a fourth member. And it's not that big a deal, the guy has been playing with Billie, Mike, and Tre for the greater half of their entire career.

And for all we know Rob Cavallo was referring to Jason White in the past tense. "He has always been like their unofficial fourth member". He wasn't necessarily referring to Jason as still an unofficial member.

The credits of the CDs are the best and most simple argument. If he was a paid studio musician, he wouldn't be listed alongside the other three members. And of course, it's possible to say "Green Day do it differently", but that was never the case, guest musicians were always listed separately.

This whole discussion seems actually like a joke to me. How could you watch the VH1 version of Cuatro, in which Jason can be clearly seen as a full member, which means equall positions in discussions and also being featured as a voice-over, and still say "he's not official"? This is kinda silly. Actually with the documentary, it feels very natural to see him as a member. If this is not the case, there's no reasonable way to even like the movie.

On the other hand, some people only see what they want to. But that doesn't matter, because most people believe what they read in booklets, magazines and on Wikipedia. To the general audience, Jason IS an official member. It might be a bit confusing that he isn't on the magazine covers, but an equal position as Quatro in the Booklet seems a lot stronger to me.

Well, some people will never accept it. That's kinda sad, but that's the way it goes.

And of course, he's not on the same level as the other three. He's an official member now and it could also change with the next album. And besides, there is nothing official about Green Day, they don't need it. It's about music in first place, not business. I don't think Tré was ever introduced as an official member.

Exactly this. The band has a legal obligation to credit musicians at their status, because credits are essentially proof of contribution and they have to abide by whatever contract the band recorded the work under.

Archived