Jason White official Green Day member?

melissastrong95

there's a picture of a magazine article where billie said they brought jason in as the 4th member.

Have you got scans ?!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why Green Day don´t make a news articel at greenday.com where they say that Jason is an offical member of GD?

It would be a bit weird. Jason has played with them since 1999/2000. Billie said about Jason in some interviews, so this is clear imo.

Why Green Day don´t make a news articel at greenday.com where they say that Jason is an offical member of GD?

I think it's just not the band's or Jason's style to make a big thing out of it. I like that they've been subtle about it and just let it happen naturally without shouting about it, it's cool :happy:

-jason is GDs 4th member (i mean, its obvious, even if they still dont make an official news/announcement about this)

-since billie is 'UNO', mike DOS and tré TRÉ..jason being QUATRO is more like a gag/joke

-the documentary dvd seems to be not called 'Cuatro', by now its just called '¡DVD¡'

i believe it was you who posted it in another thread. right?

Yeah but someone provided better scans for GDA

-jason is GDs 4th member (i mean, its obvious, even if they still dont make an official news/announcement about this)

-since billie is 'UNO', mike DOS and tré TRÉ..jason being QUATRO is more like a gag/joke

-the documentary dvd seems to be not called 'Cuatro', by now its just called '¡DVD¡'

Read my post on the previius page on dvd title

The misspelling of "cuatro" as "quatro" annoys me to no end. I mean, with Tré it makes sense, because it's obviously a joke and a play on the drummer's name. It's funny to have them intentionally misspell "tres" - or rather use a wrong word altogether. But to spell the last thing "Quatro"? Really? Why would they do that? That's not a play on anyone's name. It's not a joke (as far as anyone knows yet, anyway). It just make them look stupid, and it takes away from the pun that is "Tré." Gah, I don't like it. I hate grammar and spelling mistakes, especially when it's something big (like a CD title) that makes you look ignorant. *Sigh* I'll stop now. /rant

In other news..... Jason. So maybe he is the "official" fourth member now? The least they could do is just go out and announce it directly so people can stop guessing and arguing! :lol:

I'm just confused, since they've repeatedly said in recent interviews that he came in as their *unofficial* fourth member. (They specifically said that word a few times.) And in the past he's declined their offers to him to be part of the band. And he has done zero promotional stuff - interviews, photo shoots, etc. I don't know. I'm still not convinced. It doesn't all add up right. Like a balance sheet, it needs to be the same on both sides of the equation. But now the "Jason's part of Green Day" side has increased its sum. Not as much as the "he's not in GD" side yet, but getting closer. Hmmmm........... Interesting indeed. Hopefully we'll all officially know soon!

I think the most awesome thing about Mr. White is that he doesn't care what he is called. I think he knows that the fans love him, but will always hold special places in their heart for the trio. That could be part of the reason he doesn't accept the contract. Some fans would react negatively despite the fact that he has been with them for so long, is in a side project with Billie, and was even in the WICA music video. I have considered him part of the band since he came back for the Breakdown tour because I knew at that point he was here to stay. The fact that he now records, and probably writes with them just makes it clearer then ever. He is the man and does an incredible job of contributing to the sound of the best live band ever.

Freese is a member as well. He has recorded with them even longer then White and has toured with them for almost as long. He is here to stay as well. And hes fucking hilarious :D

Quatro is four in Portuguese. Even though I think it's really cool they name something in Portuguese (just 'cause I live in Brazil, ya'know :happy: ), Cuatro would make more sense since Uno, Dos and Tres (mispelled because of Tré) are in Spanish. Yeah, it's a bit annoying. I think they don't even know the difference! :lol:

Anyway, really cool to have Jason as Cuatro! :happy:

The misspelling of "cuatro" as "quatro" annoys me to no end. I mean, with Tré it makes sense, because it's obviously a joke and a play on the drummer's name. It's funny to have them intentionally misspell "tres" - or rather use a wrong word altogether. But to spell the last thing "Quatro"? Really? Why would they do that? That's not a play on anyone's name. It's not a joke (as far as anyone knows yet, anyway). It just make them look stupid, and it takes away from the pun that is "Tré." Gah, I don't like it. I hate grammar and spelling mistakes, especially when it's something big (like a CD title) that makes you look ignorant. *Sigh* I'll stop now. /rant

In other news..... Jason. So maybe he is the "official" fourth member now? The least they could do is just go out and announce it directly so people can stop guessing and arguing! :lol:

I'm just confused, since they've repeatedly said in recent interviews that he came in as their *unofficial* fourth member. (They specifically said that word a few times.) And in the past he's declined their offers to him to be part of the band. And he has done zero promotional stuff - interviews, photo shoots, etc. I don't know. I'm still not convinced. It doesn't all add up right. Like a balance sheet, it needs to be the same on both sides of the equation. But now the "Jason's part of Green Day" side has increased its sum. Not as much as the "he's not in GD" side yet, but getting closer. Hmmmm........... Interesting indeed. Hopefully we'll all officially know soon!

It's not misspelled, I searched it and it can be spelled both ways.

It's not misspelled, I searched it and it can be spelled both ways.

:o:huh: My entire understanding of Spanish is now in question....

I'm pretty sure in Spanish it's just cuatro. According to my dictionaries and the internet. Quatro must be Portuguese, as Karol Oliveira said.

But it would be weird to go from Spanish to Tré to Portuguese. Makes no sense. And it ruins the Tré pun. No me gusta.

Edit: So, "Quattro" (with two Ts) is Italian for four. But Spanish has no such word. There's cuatro and quarto, but definitely not quatro. The first Q word in my big Spanish dictionary is que.

I didn't realize it was wrong as I've never learned Spanish but that's pretty poor, you'd think somewhere along the line someone would've checked it before it made it on to the cover. I know they've made some dodgy spelling mistakes in their tweets and early album booklets :lol:, but to do it in an official DVD title is pretty embarrassing and I agree it spoils the Tre pun. I hope a Spanish interviewer asks them about it and makes them squirm :D

At least the quarto mistake isn't as bad as what U2 did at the start of "Vertigo", Bono sings "Uno, dos, tres, catorce [1,2,3,14] :lol:

At least the quarto mistake isn't as bad as what U2 did at the start of "Vertigo", Bono sings "Uno, dos, tres, catorce [1,2,3,14] :lol:

I used to make jokes about this, but then I read somewhere it's kind of an inside joke. He says 14 because it was their 14th album... or something like that. I never checked though.

I used to make jokes about this, but then I read somewhere it's kind of an inside joke. He says 14 because it was their 14th album... or something like that. I never checked though.

It was their 11th studio album

Maybe with greatest hits albums included it could be possibly 14.

Still it sounds stupid 1, 2, 3, 14 :lol:

well, and this also could've been an excuse they were coming up with after they noticed about their embarrassing mistake ;D

It would be a bit weird. Jason has played with them since 1999/2000. Billie said about Jason in some interviews, so this is clear imo.

Jason actually first played with green day in 90/91 when they played in little rock, he gets up on stage during knowledge. Theres a vid on youtube. And everyone assumes its a dvd, but does it look like a dvd cover? Why would they advertise a documentary with their albums? An EXCLUSIVE documentary that is already sold out in some places. Why would they put jason's face on a documentary? You dont listen to nimrod, warning, AI, and then watch Riding In Vans. The box set has it called ¡DVD!, although it was briefly called cuatro, it just doesnt make sense to me.

Jason actually first played with green day in 90/91 when they played in little rock, he gets up on stage during knowledge. Theres a vid on youtube. And everyone assumes its a dvd, but does it look like a dvd cover? Why would they advertise a documentary with their albums? An EXCLUSIVE documentary that is already sold out in some places. Why would they put jason's face on a documentary? You dont listen to nimrod, warning, AI, and then watch Riding In Vans. The box set has it called ¡DVD!, although it was briefly called cuatro, it just doesnt make sense to me.

The image with ¡dvd! Was made BEFORE the ¡Cautro! name was set...

Cuatro or Quatro, I'm happy Jason White is an more or less official member now! Now we need Jason Freese too!

I think it's just not the band's or Jason's style to make a big thing out of it. I like that they've been subtle about it and just let it happen naturally without shouting about it, it's cool :happy:

Foo Fighters didn't make an official announcement about Pat Smear rejoining the band either. After a few years of playing at their shows, all of a sudden he was in their promo pics and album art and playing on every song on the last album.

Archived