Jason White official Green Day member?

melissastrong95

If it was a fourth album with B-sides I could see it... but for a movie... I highly doubt it. It'll probably have the three guys on the cover.

Good point.

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

August 18 Rolling Stone has a one page photo and very short article that may be the first press photo plugging Uno's release that includes Jason.

rollingstone_081812_1.jpg

For me Jason is Green Day member and I don't need to hear that official :) But his name on "Oh Love" cover made me happy.

During the MTV interview Billie said, "Jason is kinda like our DJ...he's the 4th member of the band." YAY!!! I think THAT makes it official

He said he's the 4th member in the video, giving him credit. he didn't say the band

No, he definitely said the band. Once I heard it I thought "oh man, can't wait to go on GDC and talk about that." heh.

No, he definitely said the band. Once I heard it I thought "oh man, can't wait to go on GDC and talk about that." heh.

DUDE!!! I posted it the second I heard it! Haha. He didn't even say "kinda like" the 4th member of the band. He said, "he's the 4th member of the band." Wasn't everybody talking about how it would be official once Billie said it?? I think this deserves to be the headlining story on GDA, Andres! Lol. The headline should be, "Billie Joe Confirms that Jason White is an Official Member of the Band." And then you just sit back and enjoy the comments.

We all know he's the 4th member, and Billie saying it shouldn't be special news (he's definitely said it before, or alluded to it enough). The word "official" is always going to be up in the air for people until the day he's up there accepting awards with them.

It's cool that he said that, but it was just a nice little casual acknowledgement of what everyone already knows, not a big official announcement. I like their subtle style and see no reason to make a big song and dance about it when they haven't.

August 18 Rolling Stone has a one page photo and very short article that may be the first press photo plugging Uno's release that includes Jason.

rollingstone_081812_1.jpg

Is the Guy behind Tre Rob or Jason Freeze? i thought he was playing on the album too

Is the Guy behind Tre Rob or Jason Freeze? i thought he was playing on the album too

All I can see is an elbow, and whoever he is he's not listed in the caption. No idea who that might be...could be Freese, could be anyone on the production team.

It's cool that he said that, but it was just a nice little casual acknowledgement of what everyone already knows, not a big official announcement. I like their subtle style and see no reason to make a big song and dance about it when they haven't.

They're easing the change in rather than throwing it in everyone's faces, cuz they know that most of us don't know how to fucking deal with it. :lol:

Here's what I know: If you're a Jason White fan, and you haven't checked out the Influents, do yourself a favor and do so now. Both of their albums are freely available.

As far as him becoming an official member... well, I've been kind of waiting for years for that to happen. But much like George Martin was the "fifth Beatle," I don't know if there will ever be an official announcement about Jason. And I doubt he could survive the initiation ceremony, either.

Here's what I know: If you're a Jason White fan, and you haven't checked out the Influents, do yourself a favor and do so now. Both of their albums are freely available.

As far as him becoming an official member... well, I've been kind of waiting for years for that to happen. But much like George Martin was the "fifth Beatle," I don't know if there will ever be an official announcement about Jason. And I doubt he could survive the initiation ceremony, either.

Uno...Dos...Tre is actually the secret handshake, and from what I hear it's a killer.

• 1 month later...

ahhh I don't understand that quatro thing!!! :(

I love Jason, but it's weird for me to think of him as a "member", at least officially. I guess because of his personality/shyness doesn't fit in with the rest of the band -- but then again, I don't know him personally.

It's also odd to see him playing on records, because I thought he only did live stuff and Bilie did all the guitars on the record.

ahhh I don't understand that quatro thing!!! :(

I *think* it's going to be the box set's documentary DVD.

Is there any hint, when Quatro! gets released?

if it is indeed the making of documentary then you'd hope it'll be delivered with one of the albums (as part of the Ultimate Box Set). would guess at Tre.

wasn't there going to be 2 DVDs?

answered my own question by looking back at order for the box set. dunno why i forgot this was always going to be called Quatro (tho they spell it with a C on the email)

if it is indeed the making of documentary then you'd hope it'll be delivered with one of the albums (as part of the Ultimate Box Set). would guess at Tre.

wasn't there going to be 2 DVDs?

Yeah, one dvd about the pre-dookie-era and one dvd about making the trilogy

Archived