melissastrong95

he is like pat smear with nirvana

Which Kurt said was a member of Nirvana

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which Kurt said was a member of Nirvana

exactly

he never really played on any of the albums, but he was considered a member.

exactly

he never really played on any of the albums, but he was considered a member.

But Jason played on the trilogy

Jason White deserve to be fourth member just because he has the "kill me, please" face most of the time x)! I think that it's impossible not to have emotions in front of thousands of people! Just kidding, Jason is a great guitar player and also great singer and my personal opinion is that Green Day wouldn't be Green Day without him. <3 Jason :P

And you could see at the filming of 21st Century Breakdown video where he is. :lol:

Until Billie Mike or Tre say something not really proof...

What more proof do you need, mate? The official press statement from the band states, and I quote, ''This year, Green Day, which is Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt, and drummer Tré Cool, are celebrating...''

They even took the trouble of highlighting it for you!

What more proof do you need, mate? The official press statement from the band states, and I quote, ''This year, Green Day, which is Armstrong, bassist Mike Dirnt, and drummer Tré Cool, are celebrating...''

You do realize that press releases aren't written by the band themselves right also

Jason White is listed as a member of the trilogy

Cram that "he was an additional musican" crap additional musicians do NOT get listed along side band members

But it really doesn't matter for all intent purposes he is in the band be it official or touring

That wasn't written by the band. As far as I'm concerned he played on the Trilogy when he didn't really need to and he's been playing live with them for over a decade, he's in the band. I don't get why it even needs to be an issue.

Is it really that important? If Green Day consider him a member then he probably is a member. The only issue is that it doesn't matter much unless he influnces the sound a lot, starts writing songs etc...since Green Day is certainly not becoming The Jason White Show I couldn't care less.

Is it really that important? If Green Day consider him a member then he probably is a member. The only issue is that it doesn't matter much unless he influnces the sound a lot, starts writing songs etc...since Green Day is certainly not becoming The Jason White Show I couldn't care less.

He is not even talking, how could possibly Green Day turn into Jason White show?

(seriously, it took a while to find a clip of him talking)

He is not even talking, how could possibly Green Day turn into Jason White show?

(seriously, it took a while to find a clip of him talking)

That exactly was my point. There's no sense in ranting about Jason being a member or not being a member since his role in the band is (at least from public's point of view) minimal.

There's a new interview with Adam Pfahler from Jawbreaker on Alt Press here...Adam is playing in the band California with Jason at the moment. He's asked about Jason and expounds on Jason's role in GD:

Yeah, that’s with Jason. You might know him as "the Green Day guitarist" because most people think of Green Day as just three guys. But he is actually in that band. He’s not just a hired gun.

That's just more definitive proof. Jason is a member of Green Day now. Get used to it.

When Green Day is having a break and GDC is silent, we just got to have loops like this one just in order to keep the place alive.

doesn't make a difference. Jason is in the band and the press makes mistakes like that 24/7

Of course he's in the band. It's like saying Blink-182 is terrible live or that Sherlock Holmes is a detective, everyone should know it.

Archived