Jason White official Green Day member?

melissastrong95

So I just saw this pictures on twitter, which are apparently from Oh Love single, which was just released in Japan.

What do you think about Jason White being (probably) an official member of the band?

AztX8rqCYAA81Ve.jpg

AztaYMMCIAERYwE.jpg

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Rob Cavallo say that Jason kind of became the unofficial 4th member in a pretty new interview?

And since Jason did play guitar in the album, they have to give him credit for it, so it doesn't have to mean that he's a member.

I posted this in the other thread already, but I'm very sure he isn't an official member. Otherwise he would have been on the press photos and stuff like that :)

If you take a look at booklets of other bands, they name lots of other musicians who contributed something to the song and aren't in the band as well. In my opinion, this just means that Jason White has been a part of the studio sessions and that's not anything special.

He's in most of their music videos, he's in most of their live shows, he's in the trilogy, but he's not a member of the band. :lol:

It's cool that he's getting credit and getting involved in the recording process, but he's basically upped from just a "touring member" to a "session member" as well. Publicity Green Day will likely always be just Billie, Mike, and Tre.

Maybe they needed something to stick on the cover of ¡Quatro! so made Jason the unofficial 4th member so they could use his face :P

Yes. I'm just going to start saying yes. This question has been coming up since American Idiot was released 8 years ago. So from now on - yes. Jason White is the fourth member.

Yes. I'm just going to start saying yes. This question has been coming up since American Idiot was released 8 years ago. So from now on - yes. Jason White is the fourth member.

Is Jason Freese the 5th member? :P

I'm happy, but kind of sad too. To maintain my crazy fan status, I have to remember a 4th birthday, another town where a person grew up and many more seemingly uninteresting factoids that match up with the crazy stuff I've stalked together about the 3 other guys over the years.

Hopefully he will also say more than "Hi mom!" in interviews.

So I just saw this pictures on twitter, which are apparently from Oh Love single, which was just released in Japan.

What do you think about Jason White being (probably) an official member of the band?

It's about fucking time. :D

Never really understood why it was such a big deal. He's been so involved for so long now, whether it's "official" or not, he's a member of Green Day in my mind. (But nice to see him getting the credit now!)

The only thing Mr White is not participating are the photoshoots and the interviews.

But I've considered him the fourth member since the 21cb tour :P

I think he has been an official member since the American Idiot era. I really don't mind at all, he's been a friend of the band for a while. It would actually be weird if they toured with someone else now, he's part of the live show now.

Jason White is a great guy and has always worked his ass off on stage as a 2nd guitarist. Whether he is a 4th member or not should not even be questioned.

He's not official yet, as far as I know, he's been asked a couple of times, but he's rejected every time.. don't know why though, but yeah, he does deserve credit!

Jason does what he does with Green Day, there's no need to label it as if the only options are either being an "official member" or nothing. It doesn't have to be black and white like that. It is what it is - he's an amazing live 2nd guitarist, and it seems he's now playing on studio recordings too. Yay for him! We can all clearly see what he does and doesn't do with Green Day and they all seem happy with it, so I don't see any reason to and try and pigeonhole things. He and the band don't so why should we?

You've got to admit he's got a pretty sweet gig. He gets the adrenaline of playing on stage in front of thousands of people, but he can still walk down the street without a bodyguard. It's the best of both worlds, in my opinion. I'm pretty sure if he wanted the official title he would ask for it.

Jason White is practically just a cool version of Hannah Montana.

He'll always be the 4th member in my mind so whatever, it's awesome he's getting credit though.

You've got to admit he's got a pretty sweet gig. He gets the adrenaline of playing on stage in front of thousands of people, but he can still walk down the street without a bodyguard. It's the best of both worlds, in my opinion. I'm pretty sure if he wanted the official title he would ask for it.

Exactly, it seems like the current set up works perfectly for him. Can't imagine why he'd wanna change it. But if he did I'm sure he and the band would sort things out and announce that he was an "official member" or whatever anyway. Until they do that (which I'm guessing they never will lol), there's really no point in attempting to label his role in the band.

I think this just means that he played the guitar on the record, but as far as I'm concerned Green Day has three members and Jason is very closely involved and a band member in all senses but the name. Which is fine by me, I don't think I could get used to a four-member-band Green Day :lol: In short, it doesn't really matter.

And I think I read somewhere that the guys offered him to be a fourth member but he declined. Don't remember where though.

Archived