Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to other members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.

We've consolidated the Clubs, Other Artists, Musicians Lounge, and other subforums into one new one called "Interests". Read the details here and leave your feedback.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jason White official Green Day member?

527 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So I just saw this pictures on twitter, which are apparently from Oh Love single, which was just released in Japan.

What do you think about Jason White being (probably) an official member of the band?

AztX8rqCYAA81Ve.jpg

AztaYMMCIAERYwE.jpg

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

I think this should go in the Oh Love thread

Posted · Report post

I posted this in the other thread already, but I'm very sure he isn't an official member. Otherwise he would have been on the press photos and stuff like that :)

If you take a look at booklets of other bands, they name lots of other musicians who contributed something to the song and aren't in the band as well. In my opinion, this just means that Jason White has been a part of the studio sessions and that's not anything special.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

He's in most of their music videos, he's in most of their live shows, he's in the trilogy, but he's not a member of the band. :lol:

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

It's cool that he's getting credit and getting involved in the recording process, but he's basically upped from just a "touring member" to a "session member" as well. Publicity Green Day will likely always be just Billie, Mike, and Tre.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Yeah I don't think he's going to start making appearances other than shows or doing interviews with the band or anything but it's nice that he's getting recognition for the work he does on the albums.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yes. I'm just going to start saying yes. This question has been coming up since American Idiot was released 8 years ago. So from now on - yes. Jason White is the fourth member.

Is Jason Freese the 5th member? :P

Posted · Report post

I'm happy, but kind of sad too. To maintain my crazy fan status, I have to remember a 4th birthday, another town where a person grew up and many more seemingly uninteresting factoids that match up with the crazy stuff I've stalked together about the 3 other guys over the years.

Hopefully he will also say more than "Hi mom!" in interviews.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

So I just saw this pictures on twitter, which are apparently from Oh Love single, which was just released in Japan.

What do you think about Jason White being (probably) an official member of the band?

It's about fucking time. :D

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Never really understood why it was such a big deal. He's been so involved for so long now, whether it's "official" or not, he's a member of Green Day in my mind. (But nice to see him getting the credit now!)

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

The only thing Mr White is not participating are the photoshoots and the interviews.

But I've considered him the fourth member since the 21cb tour :P

Posted · Report post

I just got that single off of eBay

Posted · Report post

I think he has been an official member since the American Idiot era. I really don't mind at all, he's been a friend of the band for a while. It would actually be weird if they toured with someone else now, he's part of the live show now.

Posted · Report post

he's great, but I think it's just a credit :)

Posted · Report post

Jason White is a great guy and has always worked his ass off on stage as a 2nd guitarist. Whether he is a 4th member or not should not even be questioned.

Posted · Report post

He's not official yet, as far as I know, he's been asked a couple of times, but he's rejected every time.. don't know why though, but yeah, he does deserve credit!

Posted · Report post

Jason does what he does with Green Day, there's no need to label it as if the only options are either being an "official member" or nothing. It doesn't have to be black and white like that. It is what it is - he's an amazing live 2nd guitarist, and it seems he's now playing on studio recordings too. Yay for him! We can all clearly see what he does and doesn't do with Green Day and they all seem happy with it, so I don't see any reason to and try and pigeonhole things. He and the band don't so why should we?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

You've got to admit he's got a pretty sweet gig. He gets the adrenaline of playing on stage in front of thousands of people, but he can still walk down the street without a bodyguard. It's the best of both worlds, in my opinion. I'm pretty sure if he wanted the official title he would ask for it.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Jason White is practically just a cool version of Hannah Montana.

He'll always be the 4th member in my mind so whatever, it's awesome he's getting credit though.

Posted · Report post

You've got to admit he's got a pretty sweet gig. He gets the adrenaline of playing on stage in front of thousands of people, but he can still walk down the street without a bodyguard. It's the best of both worlds, in my opinion. I'm pretty sure if he wanted the official title he would ask for it.

Exactly, it seems like the current set up works perfectly for him. Can't imagine why he'd wanna change it. But if he did I'm sure he and the band would sort things out and announce that he was an "official member" or whatever anyway. Until they do that (which I'm guessing they never will lol), there's really no point in attempting to label his role in the band.