Governator

pasalaska

Great song! Mikes doing a great job here playing bass and singing.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever heard the song. If I did I must not have liked it too much :P

I love this song! It's one of my favorite b-sides. Mike has such a great voice for punk rock, way more than Billie, so I love the punchy punk rock vibe this song has. Mike can't sing as well as Billie, but that's what makes it so great. :D The vocals are less melodic and more shouting, which is not for everyone, but I love it. Reminds me Rancid.

There has to be at least one song on the trilogy that is written and sung by Mike only! :runaround:

We also need to have another b-sides album so I can have songs like these on a real CD. :lol:

I love Mike in American Eulogy, but for some reason I could never get into this song... the lyrics just sort of annoy me after a while. I would still like to hear more from him though.

I love Mike in American Eulogy, but for some reason I could never get into this song... the lyrics just sort of annoy me after a while. I would still like to hear more from him though.

Yeah I love when Mike sings in American Eulogy ! I just wait for that part when I listen to the song ! He should do a bit more vocals like he did in American Eulogy song ! :lol:

Governator is great. I always love to hear the vocals of Mr. Mike Dirnt. It's just a cool song!!

I've always loved this. Mike's voice sounds cooler on here then any of the Network stuff.

Maybe it's a bit weird or even horrible, but when I heard it for the first time, after 6 months of listetning only to 21st Century Breakdown, I fought that Billie sang it but a bit different. Ok, I was dumb then.

I like it and I can find some association with polish politicians.

i really love this song, Mike's voice is awesome.. and yeah, better than on Money Money 2020 :lol:

This song may have been written years ago, but it seems very appropriate now for Wisconsin.

Is it just me, or Mike's voice sounds a little Tim Armstrong-ish in this song?

Lol. I dont hear it. Maybe a little with the "Ill be back" parts

YAY Governator, YAY Mike.

This is the ONLY song i've ever bought a MP3 of. I like physical records better, but since i didn't find this song anywhere i bought it off Amazon a few years ago.

Like many others here i like it when Mike sings lead in Green Day songs (happens way to seldom). Also, most of his stuff is outstanding on the respective records. Like "Panic Song" (which he didn't sing, but yeah) or "JAR".

I really hope he gets a few lines (songs even) on the new records.

I see the comparision to the Network's stuff, but maybe thats really just the voice. This guy - Van Gough - actually does sound like Mike ;).

Still "Shoplifter" is my favourite Green Day B-Side of all time. Thinking about it, all American Idiot B-Sides are great.

YAY Governator, YAY Mike.

This is the ONLY song i've ever bought a MP3 of. I like physical records better, but since i didn't find this song anywhere i bought it off Amazon a few years ago.

Like many others here i like it when Mike sings lead in Green Day songs (happens way to seldom). Also, most of his stuff is outstanding on the respective records. Like "Panic Song" (which he didn't sing, but yeah) or "JAR".

I really hope he gets a few lines (songs even) on the new records.

I see the comparision to the Network's stuff, but maybe thats really just the voice. This guy - Van Gough - actually does sound like Mike ;).

Still "Shoplifter" is my favourite Green Day B-Side of all time. Thinking about it, all American Idiot B-Sides are great.

Thats cause AI B-sides were *supposedly* on cigarettes and valentines. Anything from that album is great

I find this song hilarious, the whole "I'll be back" thing is just so silly and funny :lol:. But within the humour it makes a good point too. Plus Mike singing is always a treat, plus it's nice and Networky. It's a winning combination!

More Dirnt songs should end up on song of the week! It's looking more and more unlikely that Mike and Tre will be doing any singing on Uno-Dos-Tre, but here's to hoping. With 37 songs, Mike and Tre should have at least two a piece!!!

Archived