CSI NY Episode to feature songs from the 3 new albums

jetsrule128

• Replies 697
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Forgotten is beautiful. I forgot the full version will be released so soon! Can't wait.

It seems that there were other songs in it than the five songs we initially assumed. Anybody has any ideas?

I'm a huge fan of CSI, and CSI New York is my favorite so this episode was like the best to me.

Can someone please give me the list of songs and in the right order? thank you.

does anyone know how long it takes them to upload (unlock...) the episode on their website cbs.com ?

does anyone know how long it takes them to upload (unlock...) the episode on their website cbs.com ?

probably tomorrow sometime

I was a little surprised they played Kill the DJ since Uno is already out... but then again they probably filmed this episode before the release... would've liked to maybe hear one more song from Tre in its place, but besides that, I liked everything about the episode... the bassline on Nightlife is like a drug I want more of...

I can't believe we've ostensibly only heard the opening and closing verses of The Forgotten. (Or it sure seems like it). That means we haven't even heard the bridge yet, and that gets me very excited because holy shit it's already so good. The "Don't look away" goes on for a while, but I just can't complain.

Amy and The Forgotten are beautiful. I wasn't sure about The Forgotten at first but after a few listens I love it. Can't wait to hear the full version.

I can't believe we've ostensibly only heard the opening and closing verses of The Forgotten. (Or it sure seems like it). That means we haven't even heard the bridge yet, and that gets me very excited because holy shit it's already so good. The "Don't look away" goes on for a while, but I just can't complain.

I hope that wasn't the whole song or I'll be pretty disappointed...

I hope that wasn't the whole song or I'll be pretty disappointed...

I'm sure it wasn't the whole song, I just meant it might have been a middle chunk and not the beginning, or not the absolute ending.

Still no stream :/ ?

http://www.greendayi...d-lights-flash/ < the songs

Why was no LADY COBRA in NIGHTLIFE?

Can´t wait for the full version of "The Forgotten" it reminds me of 21guns

Thanks for this.

OMG THE BASS OF NIGHTLIFE. SEX. No words. It so freaking awesome. Enchanting. OMG I'm fangirling again.

After hearing "Amy," I don't think it stands the chance of being a hit. It's no Good Riddance, not even close. They should have left Billie's voice more raw, and for some reason this one felt faster than the live version? I think I prefer it slower.

I do think "The Forgotten" has tons of potential. I think this will bring up the whole band selling out thing again to the haters. The lyrics to the song may come across as cheesy to some, especially since it's a part of the Twilight soundtrack. But this song really has a classic feel to it--Billie's vocals, the piano, overall production, even the lyrics somewhat. It's all great. From what we heard in the episode, I think this song is award worthy.

Agreed. I'm glad I went back a couple pages in this post because I would have said almost the exact same thing :lol: I like the meaning and reflective nature of Amy's lyrics and, much as I hate to speculate, now feel like they're a hell of a lot more personal than originally thought with Billie's treatment. However, the actual flow of the song left me a little cold. The Forgotten, meanwhile, I really thought was simple and beautiful.

And God, I hate CBS, except for the Good Wife; I didn't remember this was on until 9:33 and even watching that much of this show was cringe-worthy. I would have loved for their songs to be on there. Cool to hear LYG in the Amazing Race trailer, though.

attention, it doesnt work with safari, use firefox.

I think they changed the song (nightlife) because:

-royalty of lady cobra

-this way it fits better with the movie

-the content of the lyrics is too though for the average audience

I'm thinking they took out Cobra for the sake of being relevant to the show. Her rap part has a totally different message than what was being show in the show, whereas Billie's does not. Although, the two both come together quite nicely in the context of the song itself :thumbsup:

Well, don't look away

From the arms of a bad dream

Don't look away

Sometimes you're better lost than to be seen

Don't look away

From the arms of a moment

Don't look away

From the arms of tomorrow

Don't look away

From the arms of a moment

Don't look away

From the arms of love

How you translate ARM? Can't figure out the metaphoric meaning. Is it meant "part of the body" or "weapon"?

How you translate ARM? Can't figure out the metaphoric meaning. Is it meant "part of the body" or "weapon"?
I take it as part of the body as in the way something grabs/surrounds you.

I haven't seen episode yet cos it's still not avaliable on using by me page with series. But I heard The Forgotten here.

Oh My God! I haven't got such feeling since I heard When I Come Around from AAF. This song is beutiful :wub:

I don't know if anybody else noticed, but there was one more song playing in the background about a third of the way through (in the hospital I think) from DOS!, but I had no idea what it was. Sounded good though! I really like The Forgotten and can't wait to hear the full length studio version in three days.

Archived