Billie Joe on this season of The Voice as a mentor

Velocity

He's only a guest though isn't he? Not like he's gonna be on it every week. Think people think he's an actual mentor

He's on 4 (maybe 5, but I think 4) episodes, for about a total of 3 minutes each episode. The first few episodes of the Voice are the blind auditions (no Billie), then the next 4-5 episodes the singers practice with their mentors (here's where Billie comes in), but then the rest of the show they're on their own (no more Billie).

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe this, I think this is purely a tactic to put Billie into the public eye before the trilogy is released. I thought he'd stay away from this type of fake show. These shows have nothing to do with the contestants. The show makers only interest is having a popular show and in reality they don't give a shit about the contestants.

He's on 4 (maybe 5, but I think 4) episodes, for about a total of 3 minutes each episode. The first few episodes of the Voice are the blind auditions (no Billie), then the next 4-5 episodes the singers practice with their mentors (here's where Billie comes in), but then the rest of the show they're on their own (no more Billie).

Thanks for explaining. Makes more sense now :)

Have you guys seen this yet?

Christina talks for the first time about the pop diva face-off on primetime with "American Idol's" Mariah Carey and "X-Factor's" Britney Spears, unlikely Team Xtina mentor Armstrong and her ongoing sparring with fellow judge Adam Levine.

How does she feel about Mariah and Britney? It's about embracing the girl power. “You know I love that. All these artists are coming together from all the experience that we've had and we're being able to take that and feed this new wave of talent coming up.”

Christina shows nothing but love and support for her fellow Mousekeeter alum. “Britney's so talented. I mean she's a pro. She's been at it for a number of years now. We did grow up together. It's actually cool that these strong women are joining the club and they're gonna have fun.” When Aguilera heard about her own idol, Carey, joining "Idol," she beamed, “I just found out about it last night, the news is fresh.”

Aguilera’s unique partnership with “The Voice” Season 3 mentor Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong is definitely something Christina is excited to bring to the show.“He's had a tremendous amount of success in the business," she said. "I like to switch it up. This one was very intriguing because he comes from a completely different genre of music than I do. He's had tremendous obvious stage experience and touring and he would have some amazing advice and input.”

Armstrong feels the same way, telling Seymour, “I had a choice between another coach and her." He jokingly added, “You know I like singers, not drummers” -- a slight jab at Christina’s show nemesis, Adam, who plays the drums.

Christina and Armstrong hinted at doing a duet on the show. Aguilera teased, "We'll see… stranger things have happened," while Billie replied, "I'll write something."

http://www.extratv.c...rmstrong-voice/

OH YOU KNOW Billie is going to be awkward on this show. I'm betting 20 y'knows, 50 um's and 10 neck and hair scratches.

OMG :mellow:

OMG :woot:

OMG :runaround:

tumblr_m7tpomz6331qfhogko1_500.png

this is so amazing :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

im so fucking excited about this ahhhsdfk

But he's not even that good of a singer him self...

im sorry.. but.. uhm............... WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? is Billie not a good singer? Since WHEN? Have you heard him live? oh my god. you are actually so wrong

Which makes it even more ridiculous.

Maybe Christina can help him improve his falsetto? :lol:

this is so amazing :runaround: :runaround: :runaround: :runaround:

im so fucking excited about this ahhhsdfk

im sorry.. but.. uhm............... WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? is Billie not a good singer? Since WHEN? Have you heard him live? oh my god. you are actually so wrong

I've been to a live show, yes :) I just mean he's not really got these amazing chops...sure he's good at what he does but. Oh never mind you're not going to see past your running arounds in excitement. He's not that great of a singer.

I legit almost fell out of my chair when I saw this on facebook. It could be because initially I thought they meant he was gonna be one of the "judges", and honestly I can't even imagine him doing that whole spinny chair gimmick :lol:

But being a mentor is still pretty cool. I guess I'm gonna have to watch the entire season this time.

I kind of agree with this. But hey, Britney Spears is a judge on X-Factor, so I guess having the greatest voice is not a requirement to join these shows. :P

I've been to a live show, yes :) I just mean he's not really got these amazing chops...sure he's good at what he does but. Oh never mind you're not going to see past your running arounds in excitement. He's not that great of a singer.

uhm, i think he's an amazing singer.. im not saying he can sing EVERYTHING.. but he's a rock singer and he's amazingly good in that genre. not many singers can sound as good live, as on the albums, which he often does. he has alot of experience, which makes him perfect as a mentor for this show, so i don't see any problems with this, at all. i mean, there must be a reason that The Voice wanted him as a mentor in the first place, so of course he's more than good enough.

and, you dont have to make me sounds stupid just 'cause im excited about this. im sure im not the only one

Well, I personally don't like these kind of singing competitions and Billie involved with one. But if he likes (which is a surprising fact for me)... :ermm:

At least this is better than fancy clothes advertisement. :mellow:

I kind of agree with this. But hey, Britney Spears is a judge on X-Factor, so I guess having the greatest voice is not a requirement to join these shows. :P

Of course it is not required, as long as you can recognize great vocal talent and see potential in it.

But Billie won't be there for the vocals, or at least not just the vocals. Mainly because Christina can already support the contestants on that part. She obviously needs assistant on other things like guidance for the contestants for the verbal expressions, how to act and those kind of stuff.

I legit almost fell out of my chair when I saw this on facebook

how does out one legitimately fall out of their chair?

I believe the chair has to be married, preferably to a table.

Touché, sir.

I was surprised when I saw this but if he wants to do it then that's cool! It is a good commercial move too with regards to sales of records and publicity probably. We need someone like that on the Voice UK because that was totally crud!

I'm neutral about it. If he wants, Billie can do whatever he wants. He must be happy. The negative comments aren't a big surprise for me. There was a really big internet war when there was first edition of Polish The Voice. One of the judges was Nergal, vocalist of death metal band Bethemoth. I saw just one or two episodes (senior year didn't allowed me to wacth TV) and he was perfect. In programme was 3 judges playing pop and he was the power. However, there was also a big war with church, cos it was in public tv so some priests weren't happy, but he was great.

I sure I'll see just some vids on YT containg Billie. To tell the truth I'm not keen on talents show. The only one I've watched is X Factor, cos I like much the judges: one of my fav journalist and Polish alternative vocalist.

When I was wathcing last time X Factor I wonder what could happen, if Green Day was in programme. Am I a visioner? :lol:

Archived