Billie Joe on this season of The Voice as a mentor

Velocity

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one am pretty excited for this. I'm a fan of Christina so I think it's pretty cool that they're working together. And of course, part of me is hoping to see them perform together. :woot:

I have came to this conclusion:

I mean, I'm glad Billie is gonna be doing what he wants to do, and we will get to see him mentoring people while being his usual, y'know Billie self. But I really don't think this is the type of TV show that I would have ever expected them to be on. This could be either a really good or really bad thing. I'm not going to make judgement though until I actually see it for myself.

Adam Levine

oh...I didnt know that. I used to love Maroon 5 and I just knew him as a singer.

Ok ok ok. Billie's face after she he's "He's kind of amazing."

I just.

Why does Billie need this?He can do what he wants but when she was talking about all these other "artists" they have at the show Billie doesn't fit with them and he's not like them.

Also Green Day are already a huge band they don't need that kind of promotion...

I'm hoping for a Green Day performance somewhere later on in one of the live shows.

That would be awesome

When I first saw the tweet about this, I figured it'd be the kind of thing that he could perform Amy on. Timing might be right for Dos promotion and the song would fit with the theme of the show.

Why does Billie need this?He can do what he wants but when she was talking about all these other "artists" they have at the show Billie doesn't fit with them and he's not like them.

Also Green Day are already a huge band they don't need that kind of promotion...

That might be the main point though - he isn't as similar to the other artists, and he brings something different. He has a different perspective and experience, so he has valuable insight that might not be gained from the others (who have their own valuable insights too, just not the same as Billie's).

It is good promotion for their trilogy, and obviously they will need some promotion so that people know about it and buy their albums. (Poor promotion kind of ruined the 21CB era, just a tad. It could have done better with better promotion...)

However, it's not just like Green Day "need" this. It's also helpful to the singers, who want to do well and get into the music industry. It's nice to see Billie helping out people that could end up taking a similar musical path as Green Day has.

Lol what's this about, haven't watched the video

He & Christina laugh after he said " I had a choice between another coach and her." ... “You know I like singers, not drummers”. :lol:

Billie Joe Armstrong On 'The Voice': An Old Punk Learns A New Trick

Why the Green Day frontman's decision to join 'The Voice' may actually be the most punk-rock thing he's done in years.

http://www.mtv.com/n...the-voice.jhtml

A somewhat intelligent article from MTV? What is this?

He & Christina laugh after he said " I had a choice between another coach and her." ... “You know I like singers, not drummers”. :lol:

That's why Trillie stories are only fan fiction :D

He & Christina laugh after he said "I had a choice between another coach and her" ... “You know I like singers, not drummers”. :lol:

Looks like Tre's gonna be sucking his own again tonight.

I really like the concept of The Voice, from what I've heard of it. I generally wouldn't watch singing-only talent competitions (unless there was a judge/mentor I wanted to see), so this will be interesting. Hopefully it'll be on youtube straight away.

On a less serious note, any one else thinking Team Ya'know woulde be a better team name?

I had hoped Billie would beat the shit out of Adam Levine out of this, and one interview in and we're already getting backhanded jabs. Thanks Bill!

Well this is definitely shocking news! It makes total sense in terms of publicity for Green Day, though. I haven't watched The Voice enough to know how the "mentors" work... do they actually do more than one episode? Obviously he's not a full-time judge, so will he just be doing a guest-appearance? It's kind of weird to think of him being a coach of any kind... I've always felt like the man is incredibly talented for himself, he knows how to write and sing his own music, but he doesn't really know or use traditional vocal training techniques like scales and pianos and he doesn't read music. Of course, that could be why they brought him on---to share his raw rock star edginess that none of these other professional yahoos have :lol: And I'm sure his Broadway experience taught him a LOT about how to access his own talents, so he could probably share that. Still, remembering Tony Vincent on The Voice, it's pretty hilarious to think of Billie Joe attempting to offer a man like that any tips for singing... no offense to Billie. He could definitely teach people about stage presence, though. I would also love to see Billie Joe beat up Adam Levine for no apparent reason.

I see where you're coming from, but from what I remember of The Voice, there were a lot of different types of singers from many different genres and styles. So, while Billie would be useless for a trained singer like Tony, he could be very helpful to a spirited but inexperienced performer, for example. And we def know, for sure, that he can help with the stage presence!

Billie just seems like such a natural mentor-figure to me. So many other bands that they've toured with have come away from it talking about inspiration and advice they got from Billie Joe and the rest of the Green Day guys (there's even a video just recently posted on the forum where Mark Hoppus mentions a particular aspect of his pre-show prep that Billie taught him), so why not let some lesser know peeps have a slice of his time? ;)

um no just no. Wouldn't this take time away from the upcoming promoting of the albums and tour? Anyway I expect a lot of people to be sweared at.

On the contrary, having Billie appear on such a popular program will be great promotion in and of itself.

Have you guys seen this yet?

Bwahahahahaha....if Billie and Christina perform together, I will definitely piss my pants.

Billie was obviously just playing into the Christina/Adam drama, considering his own son is a drummer. :lol:

Perhaps he and Joey can have their own mini-teasing match after this :P

when she was talking about all these other "artists" they have at the show Billie doesn't fit with them and he's not like them.

And that is exactly what makes it so awesome. Bringing someone like Billie in adds something completely new and different to the mix. I can't wait to see how this turns out.

When/how/where can I audition for the Voice? :lol:

I would love to have Billie Joe as my mentor... :shifty:

..."mentor"

:creep:

:lol:

Archived