Billie Joe on this season of The Voice as a mentor

Velocity

http://www.washingto...VpCX_story.html

:blink: Apparently Billie's going to be on The Voice as a mentor to people on Christina Aguilera's team. Would never have expected this, but okay. It premieres September 10th.

Pretty smart move for Warner and the promotion of the Trilogy, eh?

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what the actual fuck? this might turn out hilarious. As long as he's happy :P

I watched The Voice once...never again. It was absolutely horrible with the obvious over acting of the judges (typical of 'reality' televsion) and it was an overly crap concept.

Hopefully Billie Joe sort of lashes out and does funny stuff to seperate himself from the other moronic mentors/judges. I have hope BJA will actually make the show a little cool, also might serve as a cool promotion to get attention on the trilogy.

Well this is definitely shocking news! It makes total sense in terms of publicity for Green Day, though.

I haven't watched The Voice enough to know how the "mentors" work... do they actually do more than one episode? Obviously he's not a full-time judge, so will he just be doing a guest-appearance?

It's kind of weird to think of him being a coach of any kind... I've always felt like the man is incredibly talented for himself, he knows how to write and sing his own music, but he doesn't really know or use traditional vocal training techniques like scales and pianos and he doesn't read music. Of course, that could be why they brought him on---to share his raw rock star edginess that none of these other professional yahoos have :lol: And I'm sure his Broadway experience taught him a LOT about how to access his own talents, so he could probably share that. Still, remembering Tony Vincent on The Voice, it's pretty hilarious to think of Billie Joe attempting to offer a man like that any tips for singing... no offense to Billie. He could definitely teach people about stage presence, though.

I would also love to see Billie Joe beat up Adam Levine for no apparent reason.

For those that aren't familiar with The Voice, the mentor basically shows up a couple times per episode (in the early episodes, could be just one or two) where they listen to one of the performers sing then give them tips on ways to improve. It's a pretty small part (no more than a few minutes each time), but I'm still really damn excited to Billie Joe do this. I am very interested how he became a part of this project, I wonder if it had anything to do with Tony Vincent being a contestant last season.

For those that aren't familiar with The Voice, the mentor basically shows up a couple times per episode (in the early episodes, could be just one or two) where they listen to one of the performers sing then give them tips on ways to improve. It's a pretty small part (no more than a few minutes each time), but I'm still really damn excited to Billie Joe do this. I am very interested how he became a part of this project, I wonder if it had anything to do with Tony Vincent being a contestant last season.

I like it. That was good explaining.

Is there any room in there for shameless Green Day plugs? Do contestants tend to sing the songs of their mentors? Would be awesome if Christina's team sang a bunch of GD songs.

How in the fuck did this happen? I've watched every episode of The Voice thus far and this makes zero sense. How odd.

I feel like it would make more sense for him to be on American Idol as a mentor... the contestants on the Voice probably have more professional training than Billie does :lol:

"In a statement, Armstrong said he and his family are fans of the show."

- just imagine billie, adie, joey and jake in front of the tv watching the voice all together..

:D

now these news are pretty pretty preeetty surprising! but we should give it a go.. there's actually nothing else we can do

;)

I know nothing about this show, but it sounds kind of like X Factor... :S I hope it's not.

I hope whatever this is, it turns out to be a good one for Green Day ! But I will be great to see Billie on tv once in a while. I'll have to download the episodes :P

When I heard about this, I seriously thought it was a joke until I saw the post by the official Green Day Facebook page. Hell, I even thought the accompanying picture was Photoshopped. I mean, he doesn't even look like he's there.

Does this mean he will be stuck in the LA area while the show is happening? That explains lack of tour ...

Does this mean he will be stuck in the LA area while the show is happening? That explains lack of tour ...

They said he filmed some of it this week and The Voice is doing most of its early audition round episodes this summer. I don't think Billie will be on the show once it airs live and audiences start voting. Sounds like he'll just be shooting his bits right now and a little into August, and it'll just air in the fall, kind of like any guest-acting gig. It shouldn't interfere whatsoever with Green Day's plans for the fall!

I thought this was a joke. I still kind of wish it was...

My reaction to this when I got the twitter update to my phone:

"lol wut."

They said he filmed some of it this week and The Voice is doing most of its early audition round episodes this summer. I don't think Billie will be on the show once it airs live and audiences start voting. Sounds like he'll just be shooting his bits right now and a little into August, and it'll just air in the fall, kind of like any guest-acting gig. It shouldn't interfere whatsoever with Green Day's plans for the fall!

Oh right, I've never watched it so wasn't sure if this was something he'd need to be around for every week

He'll probably just be involved with the battles or part of it. My guess is that he'll give instructions and tips for stage presence or something like that.

He'll probably just be involved with the battles or part of it. My guess is that he'll give instructions and tips for stage presence or something like that.

Exactly this. The mentors are only involved with the battles.

Reading the posts, it seems either it will be exciting and awesome or it will turn out to be very bad :P

Archived