Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Listen to Static Noise 94: We give our thoughts on Demolicious.

Photo

How I Met Your Mother

* * * * * 3 votes TV Show

• Please log in to reply
729 replies to this topic

Cruise

Cruise
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • Joined Feb 27, 2010
  • 305 rep

The first half of the episode was great, then they had the plot twists and it went all over the place. They could of dropped the whole barney/robin divorce, the constant addition of more kids and even the very final ending. It started off so well but then crashed and burned. It seemed as though it was just a half hour episode that they extended into an extra half hour. They should of shortened the time barney and robins wedding took and used some of those episodes to take some of the wasted content from the final episode.  Also killing off the mother was a horrible idea, it didn't really add anything to the story just made it even more awkward and confusing as it contradicted the last few seasons, all while being completely unnecessary, I actually like the mother even though she entered right at the end she was a great addition, I wish she was added sooner actually and that we got to see more of her.

johndorkian

johndorkian
  • even lovers drown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,424 posts
  • Joined Dec 31, 2006
  • 2,361 rep

tumblr_n3cbgxbMKr1rse9j6o1_500.png

i'm still annoyed.

Akshat

Akshat
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Joined Oct 27, 2012
  • 684 rep

They're including an alternate ending in the DVD. 

Just hope Ted doesn't end up with Lily this time.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• 8,767 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,586 rep

They're including an alternate ending in the DVD. 

Just hope Ted doesn't end up with Lily this time.

How I met, banged and fell in love with your uncle's wife. He's not really your uncle, otherwise this would be really, really weird.

Akshat

Akshat
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Joined Oct 27, 2012
  • 684 rep

How I met, banged and fell in love with your uncle's wife. He's not really your uncle, otherwise this would be really, really weird.

The original title should have been

How I banged 39 sluts and dated 5 women before I banged your mom and finally shagged your aunt robin after she died.

Heather.

Heather.
  • Peacemaker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,127 posts
  • Joined Jul 03, 2011
  • 6,192 rep

The original title should have been

How I banged 39 sluts and dated 5 women before I banged your mom and finally shagged your aunt robin after she died.

The syntax of this makes it seem like he banged Robin's corpse.  Careful. Grammar kills.

Although I think it was fucked up and unnecessary to kill the mother, I did appreciate being horrifyingly shocked that this happened (I haven't been looking at any spoilers and hardly paid any attention this season, so if they were dropping "she got sick" hints, I didn't notice until the finale). I remember feeling bored by the Friends finale because everything just worked out so hunky dory cheesy, and I appreciated that Barney & Robin got divorced and that they threw me for a loop with the mother dying. I don't like it, but I like that I was surprised by it.

One thing I hate is that the show pushed so hard on the Ted-Robin romance, but because we knew that Robin isn't the mother, as fans we were accepting and even supportive of the fact that they WERE NOT MEANT TO BE, and I just didn't need them to BE. If the premise of the show had always been Robin IS the mother, then that would be fine, but it wasn't, so it shouldn't have ended that way.

I agree with the How I Met Your Stepmother. 

Akshat

Akshat
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • Joined Oct 27, 2012
  • 684 rep

The syntax of this makes it seem like he banged Robin's corpse.  Careful. Grammar kills.

There should have been a comma after the careful

Viva La Sonia!

Viva La Sonia!
  • Think Lovely Wonderful Thoughts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,536 posts
  • Joined Jul 10, 2011
  • 1,753 rep
"How I Finally Got Aunt Robin"

Lady Nightlife

Lady Nightlife
  • Come Along, Pond

• 8,818 posts
  • Joined Dec 29, 2012
  • 8,170 rep

Just saw the finale and nope, fuck that shit, completely ruined the entire show. Goodbye.

Tre's Busted Drumkit

Tre's Busted Drumkit
  • "ben's actually a giant teddy bear" -Lone

• 8,767 posts
  • Joined Feb 25, 2010
  • 4,586 rep

Somehow I knew you'd feel that way. I'm going to be really pissed if the alternate ending is Ted and Tracy living happily ever after, with Robin getting over Ted (who figured we'd ever be saying that) and reconciling--not remarrying or getting back together with, just reconciling--with Barney.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Show

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users