Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Voting has started in the Karaoke Contest. Listen to the entries and vote for your favorite.

Photo

University/College

• Please log in to reply
5145 replies to this topic

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,818 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,652 rep

My seminar prof just showed up in my office and asked me to TA for him next semester because he needs someone who can actually write to mark essays.

I've got this reputation amongst the small group of people that know me in my department as the girl who gets shit done quickly and way in advance and for some reason really likes to read and write papers.

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 23,234 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,605 rep

My seminar prof just showed up in my office and asked me to TA for him next semester because he needs someone who can actually write to mark essays.

I've got this reputation amongst the small group of people that know me in my department as the girl who gets shit done quickly and way in advance and for some reason really likes to read and write papers.

Wasn't so long ago you were scared of being a TA. Now you're being requested. Congrats, Jordan. Your hard work and excellent skills are paying off.

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,690 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,800 rep

I have 3 days to write a 2.5 thousand word assignment, an oral viva exam worth 20% of the module on the 1st of December, a 1.5 hour written exam on the 18th, and a 5,000 word assignment on the representative-ness of the jury due sometime in December. I'd want to check the date alright..

Plus I need to get my ass in gear with choosing a thesis topic, AND try and figure out what to do with myself after I finish this! 

:runaround:

But I get to shadow one of the country's best solicitors next semester :happy: 

Maid Meringue

Maid Meringue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined Nov 05, 2014
  • 61 rep

Applying to USF for the last time - if I don't make it in this time I'm going to accept defeat and try elsewhere

Tubbie Head

Tubbie Head
  • teh biggest Blue Night fan

• 12,658 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2008
  • 3,004 rep

Just got back from the last of the 2 exams I had to do, and I'm so frustrated right now. First one I wasn't able to study as much as I wanted to, and the exam was hard so it didn't go well, as I was expecting. But this one that I did today I was quite confident going into it and it went just terribly :(  I am really sad about it, I went full panic mode during it, as the time was up and I still had 3 pages left! The professor kept giving us more time but was always pressuring so I could not think straight, and even better those last ones were the questions I had studied the most for and I knew those things! But they require a lot of reasoning, so I could not do it.  :cry: I think I'm gonna flunk at everything. This really sucks. 

Angela.

Angela.
  • Jesus of Pittsburghia

• 8,773 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2009
  • 520 rep

My Dad is so close to graduating. His last day of class is December 6th, and the graduation ceremony is January 6th. He has consistently maintained perfect grades and perfect attendance for the past two years. He'll be graduating with honors. He's such a great father and person in general, and I could not be any more proud to call him my Dad.

In a little less than a month, it will make a year since my school shut down. It doesn't feel like it's been that long. I've spent that time working and occasionally doing artsy things that relate to what I was going to school for. It's frustrating because I have the urge to go back, but I want to save money first and wait until I find a school that's just right. I don't want to rush into anything. Still, I can't help but feel like a failure. I work close to home, so it's not uncommon that I'll run into people that I graduated high school with. A lot of them are going to college and making something of themselves. I'm standing behind a register and giving them change. I feel like an embarrassment to my family and every day, it's increasingly harder to find the motivation to even get out of bed.

I miss the projects and the grades and the pressure to do well. Definitely don't miss the students, but everything else is missed. Shame that my college has been turned into a Comcast building and that I have to see it at least a couple times a month.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,818 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,652 rep

Wasn't so long ago you were scared of being a TA. Now you're being requested. Congrats, Jordan. Your hard work and excellent skills are paying off.

Thanks Mar! You're right, I don't really know what I was afraid of anymore :happy:

• lizziebix likes this

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,818 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,652 rep

Double post but I'm making the most beautiful chart of all of these things that are so disagreed upon and terms and concepts used interchangeably even though they technically have different meanings

Spoiler

It's so confusing but so interesting and I don't know how I'll ever defend

Maddy.

Maddy.
  • this love is glowing in the dark

• 27,051 posts
  • Joined Jun 15, 2009
  • 7,633 rep
My uni city is the prettiest at four o'clock sunsets with icy wind.

tumblr_nfi4zw5IsH1tckt9co1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nfi4x6BHAT1tckt9co1_1280.jpg

In other news, 150/2,000 words down for my essay that's due in four days. Go me.
  • johndorkian and Cath like this

LisaBJA

LisaBJA
  • Pedestrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • Joined Dec 16, 2012
  • 532 rep

I started studying japanese language XD difficult but interessting :happy:

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,554 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 3,226 rep
Had my last politics lecture this morning, just went over tips for the exam in January. Was also emotional because he's leaving this week and he was like "it was a pleasure teaching you, I'm going to miss it, so...bye, and good luck with your...lives." :lol:

I'm a bit nervous about the exam but he said that based on our essays (which we haven't actually gotten back yet) we shouldn't fail, so that was nice of him to say, haha.

Maid Meringue

Maid Meringue
  • Brat

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Joined Nov 05, 2014
  • 61 rep

Neuroanthropology review finally done.
Now I just have to finish 3 more projects by Monday (/ # × #)/

[EDIT] Scratch that, I came up 700 words too short for that paper -_______________- kill me now. Just kill me. 

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,818 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,652 rep

THANK GOD I just surprised myself by being able to talk through my presentation fairly smoothly without directly reading all the time. Perhaps there is hope that I won't be completely screwed :D

• johndorkian likes this

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,690 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,800 rep
I might have a dissertation idea :runaround: going to run it past a couple of lecturers this week! I'm just worried that it may be deemed too similar to the assignment I'm currently writing but sure we will see.

Cath

Cath
  • stick it to the man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,881 posts
  • Joined Nov 24, 2012
  • 4,164 rep

presentation went good :happy:

but yesterday i felt on my arm and it hurts so much and i can't move it. i went to the library this afternoon to study but it hurt so much i had to leave and now i'm wasting so much time because finals are next week and i just can't study :( i'll go to the clinic tomorrow and prob gonna lose 3 hours of the day waiting for a doctor.

Advertising

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 6,156 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 4,148 rep

I don't know what it is, but after almost 4 years of presentations I STILL get nervous, when I have no reason to. Honestly, as stupid and ridiculous as it sounds, I think I'm just nervous about feeling nervous. :ermm: I feel fine until I get up there, and then I start to sweat and my mouth gets dry. I hate it, I just wish it would go away. I feel confident in what I'm presenting so why do I have to be so nervous? 

Only 2 weeks of classes left, so ready for this semester to be over. Currently have 80% and above in everything which I'm thrilled about, but I don't know if that'll last. :lol: I really hope it does, would be nice to make Dean's List this semester. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users