Posted Image Trick or treat! We have a new Halloween theme. We also have two Halloween contests going on right now - enter with your pumpkin carvings here and your costumes here!

Photo

University/College

• Please log in to reply
5051 replies to this topic

#5041 Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.

#sneakyoutlaw

• 19,926 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005

Posted Yesterday, 01:25 PM

61% on that final i was worried about. not as bad as i thought but still meh

#5042 Hayley

Hayley

yolo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,868 posts
  • Joined Apr 24, 2006

Posted Yesterday, 01:44 PM

Feeling good about my class :D I thought I was going to do horribly on my first project but I got 91% somehow, and I finished my second project more than a week early! Now just one more project and I am done with this semester

#5043 Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.

#sneakyoutlaw

• 19,926 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005

Posted Yesterday, 03:12 PM

fucking moron in my class posted an EXAM WITH ANSWERS to our paralegal group on Facebook. my friend took a screen shot and sent it to the teacher. like seriously?!?! this kid is so stupid. 

#5044 CristhyneS

CristhyneS

Dominated Love Slave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2005

Posted Yesterday, 03:30 PM

Yup we have fall (Sept-Dec), winter (Jan-April) and summer (May-Aug) semesters, 12 weeks each (I guess technically that makes them trimesters? idk). Undergrad programs usually only run fall/winter unless there's a work term, but graduate programs are fall/winter/summer. So that means I don't have a summer vacation or chunk of time off school until I graduate in 2016. 

We do Sept-Dec, Jan-March, April-July. And then there's summer session, for which you can take one or two courses and compress them entirely into 6 weeks (madness - but we do this a lot to catch up after failing/dropping a course). And it's the same for undergrad and graduate programs. Yes I'd guess they'd be trimesters (as well call them) or quarters.  

#5045 Kaddi.

Kaddi.

Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• Members
  • 13,889 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006

Posted Today, 03:45 AM

First week is over and I still haven't decided which classes I'm going to take. Getting my schedule in order is so difficult this semester. All classes I've gone to this week were super interesting, plus there are some that I have to take, because I need the credit points. I also need two days off for work though and one of the classes I need is actually full, so I can't register for it anymore and.... Aaargh! :runaround: :dry:

#5046 She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• Members
  • 13,610 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006

Posted Today, 08:34 AM

The only thing comforting about opening an excellent review paper and realizing it's 29 pages long is that papers that long usually have about 5 pages worth of references :lol:

#5047 Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

Daughter.of.Rage.and.Love

No, this is Patrick

• Members
  • 30,788 posts
  • Joined Oct 23, 2008

Posted Today, 08:39 AM

Reminds me of how you used to be able to just read the introduction and discussion (and sometimes results) to get enough information out of a paper for what you needed, so it meant that a long methods section meant less reading work! Those times have passed...

#5048 She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

a nightmare dressed like a daydream

• Members
  • 13,610 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006

Posted Today, 08:41 AM

Fuck me have they ever :(

Good news is a lot of papers I've been reading talk about more than one disease so I get to skip over anything that isn't bovine anaplasmosis :D Saved me about 5 pages of reading last night!

#5049 Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero

♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• Members
  • 19,122 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005

Posted Today, 09:13 AM

I'm currently having an eight weeks long period of practical studies in home healthcare nursing and man, suddenly studies got shit scary. Today I got to drive the car and I also got to give my first injections on real patients!! Hell, I was so nervous I stuttered and forgot words whenever the nurse who I followed asked me questions. Still in doubt whether this is the right study for me but home healtcare nursing is so much more exciting than the nursing home practise I had earlier this year. :runaround:

Just try your best, dear. You'll figure it out. I hated the year I were at that homenursing thing. Glad that you like it more than nursing homes though. :)

#5050 Göta

Göta

Pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Joined Jan 05, 2011

Posted Today, 11:19 AM

Just try your best, dear. You'll figure it out. I hated the year I were at that homenursing thing. Glad that you like it more than nursing homes though. :)

Ah really? Were there any specific reasons you didn't like it, or was it just the year/program in general?

I actually find it super interesting because there is so much variety and a good bit of technical stuff, at the same time as it's nice with the driving bit. The days go so fast and there is so much to learn!! Really digging this. 

Not sure if you've told me before but how many years did you actually go the nursing program before you quit?

#5051 Billie Hoe is my hero

Billie Hoe is my hero

♥ Jimmy Sullivan ♥

• Members
  • 19,122 posts
  • Joined Jun 14, 2005

Posted Today, 11:28 AM

Ah really? Were there any specific reasons you didn't like it, or was it just the year/program in general?

I actually find it super interesting because there is so much variety and a good bit of technical stuff, at the same time as it's nice with the driving bit. The days go so fast and there is so much to learn!! Really digging this. 

Not sure if you've told me before but how many years did you actually go the nursing program before you quit?

It were just a lot of stress. Everyone were calling me, had to rush from one place to another. And I suck at finding directions, didn't really help either. :lol:

I were there during high school, when I attended the auxiliary nurse program. I just finished my first semester at Lovisenberg actually. A lot of crap happened in my life at the time, and starting there straight from high school didn't really work out. If I had started it one year later, I probably would have finished it.  

#5052 Göta

Göta

Pedestrian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Joined Jan 05, 2011

Posted Today, 03:50 PM

It were just a lot of stress. Everyone were calling me, had to rush from one place to another. And I suck at finding directions, didn't really help either. :lol:

I were there during high school, when I attended the auxiliary nurse program. I just finished my first semester at Lovisenberg actually. A lot of crap happened in my life at the time, and starting there straight from high school didn't really work out. If I had started it one year later, I probably would have finished it.  

Aha, I see. Totally understand that. Kind of wish I had taken a year's break myself, really.

• Billie Hoe is my hero likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com