Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

University/College

• Please log in to reply
4999 replies to this topic

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • chase that disco ball around

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,506 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,417 rep

What the fuck is Python and how do I use it?

How the hell do I even begin to think about how to start a project in GIS?
What does everything to do with MAXENT mean and will I EVER understand it?

woe is me

CristhyneS

CristhyneS
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2005
  • 1,048 rep

I hate myself so freaking much right now. Trust me to screw up the easiest course of my entire career program. It's about management and it's supposed to be a top grade for sure. No. It IS a top grade for sure. The professor sent us the exam that we need to fill online a week ago, and we had to turn it in by Sunday (yesterday). And that was 40% of the grade, 

Guess who completely forgot about filling the exam? I only remembered this morning when I ran into a friend who is taking the course with me. Between all the other course, and HNMUN and its MOVENU this week and buying the tickets to Boston and finding out about Visas for Cananda, and on top of that starting my new work last week, and trying to have my cellphone fixed, I absolutely, completely forgot. So I basically tossed away the only good grade I had "granted" this quarter. I'm such an idiot, really. 

I e-mailed the professor and he said that I was the only one who didn't fill the exam and that considering we had an entire week to do it, he sees no way to justify this. Honestly, I don't either, so I see no angle from which to fight this. If I'm not allowed to retake the exam (which I know I don't deserve), I'm just going to drop the course this quarter and retake it later. I hate myself so much at the moment, how could I have been such an idiot?

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,379 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 3,035 rep

I hate myself so freaking much right now. Trust me to screw up the easiest course of my entire career program. It's about management and it's supposed to be a top grade for sure. No. It IS a top grade for sure. The professor sent us the exam that we need to fill online a week ago, and we had to turn it in by Sunday (yesterday). And that was 40% of the grade, 

Guess who completely forgot about filling the exam? I only remembered this morning when I ran into a friend who is taking the course with me. Between all the other course, and HNMUN and its MOVENU this week and buying the tickets to Boston and finding out about Visas for Cananda, and on top of that starting my new work last week, and trying to have my cellphone fixed, I absolutely, completely forgot. So I basically tossed away the only good grade I had "granted" this quarter. I'm such an idiot, really. 

I e-mailed the professor and he said that I was the only one who didn't fill the exam and that considering we had an entire week to do it, he sees no way to justify this. Honestly, I don't either, so I see no angle from which to fight this. If I'm not allowed to retake the exam (which I know I don't deserve), I'm just going to drop the course this quarter and retake it later. I hate myself so much at the moment, how could I have been such an idiot?

I'm sorry, I've done stupid shit too. Don't beat yourself up, it was an honest mistake!

Emilie.

Emilie.
  • Super Nintendo Chalmers

• 14,604 posts
  • Joined Jun 18, 2010
  • 4,678 rep

60% on that video assignment I had to do =/ At least I passed, I guess

Now there's one assignment to go, I've finished about a quarter of it and it's due in 6 days. My head is so muddled I don't even know if I'm doing it properly but I don't really care. 

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,506 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,417 rep

So shitty :( :( But it's over, try to forgive yourself.

Also, you're coming to Canada?!

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,803 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,038 rep

got a $500 bursary, woo. :D 

• BeachBum and Lindsay like this

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,379 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 3,035 rep
My history tutor is so strange, I love him :lol:

CristhyneS

CristhyneS
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2005
  • 1,048 rep

So shitty :( :( But it's over, try to forgive yourself.

Also, you're coming to Canada?!

I will be at least passing through Canada. But there's a chance I might stay there for a couple days.   

Vesper

Vesper
  • Outlander

• 18,036 posts
  • Joined Jun 10, 2010
  • 6,653 rep

Third year is kicking my ass to Timbuktu and back. 

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time
  • Phosphorus Iridium Astatine Einsteinium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,542 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,908 rep

What the fuck is Python and how do I use it?

How the hell do I even begin to think about how to start a project in GIS?
What does everything to do with MAXENT mean and will I EVER understand it?

woe is me

ahhaha we have to use python for one of our labs, which is fine when you are in the lab and using the computers there, but making it work on my laptop is just confusing, it keeps telling me it can't find a module

good luck to you with trying that

chewychorizo

chewychorizo
  • cutie

• 13,379 posts
  • Joined Aug 24, 2008
  • 3,035 rep
This one guy at uni is SO fucking rude to me it's unreal. Sick of him. Next time I see him I'm just going to blank him because he's a stupid dick.

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,803 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 4,038 rep

drowning in midterms and assignments ahhhhh  :runaround:

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,506 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,417 rep

ahhaha we have to use python for one of our labs, which is fine when you are in the lab and using the computers there, but making it work on my laptop is just confusing, it keeps telling me it can't find a module

good luck to you with trying that

It's showing up for me as a plug-in in ArcGIS and QGIS. I don't necessarily have to use it but it seems like a common and (according to my friend with extensive education in GIS, anyways) easier way to do things.

So beyond me.

It's Splash Time

It's Splash Time
  • Phosphorus Iridium Astatine Einsteinium

• 4,542 posts
  • Joined Oct 21, 2011
  • 2,908 rep

It took my group 7 and a half hours to work out how to use the equipment for our investigation, then an hour to get the data. We might get more next week in our last session. Reading week is the week after next, and will mainly be spent writing up the investigation and the last experiment. 

Trotsky

Trotsky
  • I sought my image in the scorching glass

• 29,507 posts
  • Joined Sep 23, 2006
  • 7,620 rep

It took my group 7 and a half hours to work out how to use the equipment for our investigation, then an hour to get the data. We might get more next week in our last session. Reading week is the week after next, and will mainly be spent writing up the investigation and the last experiment. 

Group projects are worse than splinters amirite? 

Advertising

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,506 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,417 rep

I have two group projects in the same class with two different groups but I'd like to think at the grad level it will be okay. But it's a BUSINESS course and I just can't deal. It's going to end me. And its a two semester course. It doesn't end till April.

Literally don't understand how people can major in business related things (I'm looking at you, Lindsay!!!) it just boggles my mind

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 6,044 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 4,055 rep

Literally don't understand how people can major in business related things (I'm looking at you, Lindsay!!!) it just boggles my mind

:lol: What class is it? Business is fun (well, except for accounting, finance and economics). If it's some sort of management course I could understand, those can be pretty boring. :P I don't understand why people would want to major in science courses so! :P All down to preference! 

I'm shitting myself until I get my Organizational Behaviour midterm back. The prof does NOT teach in class at all so I've had to learn everything myself, and there's soooo many terms and theories and shit to know. I think I did okay on the midterm but I'm second guessing myself and omg. I just want/need a pass. You need to have a passing average of both the midterm and the final to pass the course so if I somehow failed the midterm I'll have no idea what to do. GAH. This class is suppose to be easy too!!!

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him

• 13,506 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,417 rep

:lol: What class is it? Business is fun (well, except for accounting, finance and economics). If it's some sort of management course I could understand, those can be pretty boring. :P I don't understand why people would want to major in science courses so! :P All down to preference! 

I'm shitting myself until I get my Organizational Behaviour midterm back. The prof does NOT teach in class at all so I've had to learn everything myself, and there's soooo many terms and theories and shit to know. I think I did okay on the midterm but I'm second guessing myself and omg. I just want/need a pass. You need to have a passing average of both the midterm and the final to pass the course so if I somehow failed the midterm I'll have no idea what to do. GAH. This class is suppose to be easy too!!!

God accounting is the only part of it I can wrap my head around. Basically we have this case study that we have to do some sort of business strategy assessment thing of sorts with SWOT shit and Porter's five forces and stakeholder stuff and it's just like no matter how many times or how it's explained to me I'm like like 'k  :mellow: ' and it's so overwhelming for me and I think it's probably the overwhelmingness that makes it go in one ear and out the other cause it's so foreign it's just easier for me to ignore it or something.

I mean at least I understand it marginally better than the statistics my Master's thesis is based on :rolleyes:

I feel like today would have been a completely shitty day of panicking over the tasks of the next week if I didn't TA first years all afternoon. I always come out of lab feeling so good about myself because I'm so intelligent in comparison and it really shows me how far I've come in the last five years.

Milan.

Milan.
  • Hanging in the Pennsylvanian Snow!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,937 posts
  • Joined Aug 12, 2005
  • 81 rep

I completely bombed out my portfolio presentation and its content today. I didn't get the mark I wanted at all, but I cannot complain because I now have a bachelors of education...

I cant comprehend how the lecturer thought my portfolio was too childish and my written expression is apparently rubbish yet I am good enough to consider doing a masters of special needs education...

People are strange, I swear.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• 4,388 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,402 rep

I've got so many projects and work to do that I can't seem to do any of it. Instead I'm here posting on GDC...:ermm:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users