Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

University/College

• Please log in to reply
4783 replies to this topic

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,417 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,656 rep

Urghhhh I've reading to do for my seminar tomorrow and blackboard isn't letting me log in :mad: I've been able to log in so far, until today. I'm guessing it's because I haven't paid all the fees yet. But I'm collecting my loan on Wednesday so if that is the issue, at least it it shouldn't be a problem for long. 

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,765 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,677 rep
Does life suck if you don't go to college? Trying to plan out my life :P

Not Anyone.

Not Anyone.
  • He's not an eggplant.

• 14,223 posts
  • Joined Aug 19, 2013
  • 14,764 rep

In my experience it sucks if you do. 

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,455 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,812 rep

really depends what you want to do with your life. college/university isn't the solution to everything and jobs aren't going to be handed to you on a silver platter if you go. it's going to be hard work and dedication either way.

Todd

Todd
  • Sweet and Sour Children

• 12,765 posts
  • Joined Mar 07, 2012
  • 5,677 rep

really depends what you want to do with your life. college/university isn't the solution to everything and jobs aren't going to be handed to you on a silver platter if you go. it's going to be hard work and dedication either way.

Right now, I just imagine myself working at a record store. But most people really don't end up doing what they planned to in high school, right?

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,455 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,812 rep

Right now, I just imagine myself working at a record store. But most people really don't end up doing what they planned to in high school, right?

i didn't. :P i went to university planning on getting into advertising, but ended up switching and now i'm on track to become a lawyer. you can always change what you're doing if you're not happy. 

• CristhyneS and Todd like this

colour_me_stupid_

colour_me_stupid_
  • disappearin' in the fade

• 8,417 posts
  • Joined Jan 07, 2007
  • 1,656 rep

I went into languages, then science, and now I'm finally in law :lol: So, yes, most people end up doing something miles away from what they planned in school. 

lizziebix

lizziebix
  • I used to make great reservations!

• 22,370 posts
  • Joined Sep 15, 2009
  • 6,153 rep
I studied radio, TV and film and now I work in an office in finance. But definitely not sorry for getting the education.

CristhyneS

CristhyneS
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Joined Sep 07, 2005
  • 1,030 rep

I went into med school, and then I switched to electronic engineering. 

And by the way, it's nice to see other people who've changed their career paths as dramatically as I did. I haven't met many of them in "real life" and people sometimes make me feel like a freak for my decisions in that area. 

Khaleesi.

Khaleesi.
  • #sneakyoutlaw

• 19,455 posts
  • Joined Jul 31, 2005
  • 3,812 rep

YAY my teacher finally emailed me back and reset my test!!!  :dance:

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • chase that disco ball around

• 13,293 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,311 rep

I went into med school, and then I switched to electronic engineering. 

And by the way, it's nice to see other people who've changed their career paths as dramatically as I did. I haven't met many of them in "real life" and people sometimes make me feel like a freak for my decisions in that area.

I teach the first year environmental science lab and there's a third year in it who just switched to the program from studio art. Talk about a switch.

Rosie May

Rosie May
  • Positively Pessimistic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts
  • Joined Mar 30, 2007
  • 1,161 rep

Why do they have to make things start in the morning? :cry: I'm a night owl, I can't function that early :(  :sleep:

BeachBum

BeachBum
  • Artistic Junkie

• 8,569 posts
  • Joined Jan 22, 2006
  • 4,296 rep

Why do they have to make things start in the morning? :cry: I'm a night owl, I can't function that early :(  :sleep:

This so much.  I am no morning person, I am not awake until 11am at the earliest.

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • chase that disco ball around

• 13,293 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,311 rep

I'm fine to get up early and go to class etc but when I have a paper to write or research to do I'm much more productive at night.

That's part of the reason why I don't want my advisor to expect me to be there all day doing research and writing, sometimes I just need to wait until midnight-6am to bust out a whole paper instead of spending three afternoons on it.

I feel like my brain quiets down a lot around 10 pm or so and I have fewer misc thoughts flying around my head so I'm able to just focus on what I want to get done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users