Welcome to Green Day Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

University/College

• Please log in to reply
4476 replies to this topic

Kaddi.

Kaddi.
  • Hello stranger, I'm a disaster.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,644 posts
  • Joined Mar 28, 2006
  • 1,761 rep

3 hours until my statistics exam and I am nervous as hell... :(

Statistics sucks. Good luck! :)

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

• 13,006 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,199 rep
So they accidentally gave me a second offer for a course to TA and have now said I can pick either one of the two.

The first one was beekeeping, the second one is a first year intro to environmental science course.

I've taken beekeeping, but my background and future are enviro sci. The intro enviro sci course would require me to teach a three hour lab/seminar (whether I would be doing it alone or with another TA I'm not sure), while the bee course would require me to attend some lectures and two labs. The enviro sci course hires three TAs so I would have two others to contact if I needed support, while I'd be the only TA for beekeeping.

No idea which one to pick. The main issue is that I'm not sure whether I'm up for or would be good enough to lead a group of first years for several hours (although I'd be paid $40/hr to do it....)

Lindsay

Lindsay
  • Tittysprinkles

• 5,782 posts
  • Joined Mar 08, 2010
  • 3,812 rep

Paid my school fees for fall yesterday and I put in the wrong student ID number, I'm such an idiot. :lol: Luckily I was only one number off, (put 209 instead of 201), and all of the student IDs start with 201 so they probably would have figured it out anyways, but man I felt like a dumbass emailing them. Ah well, should be all good to go now.

Looking forward to my classes this coming semester, but it looks like I might have a couple questionable profs who have gotten bad reviews on RateMyProf, so we'll see what happens. Can't really switch out into different sections either or my entire schedule becomes fucked. Hope they're not as awful as some of the reviews say they are. =/

monkeyman

monkeyman
  • ★☆★☆★

• 3,458 posts
  • Joined Mar 02, 2006
  • 409 rep

I got asked yesterday to lecture a second year electromagentism subject for few hours later this session. Have never lectured before so that will be interesting...

She-Loves-Him

She-Loves-Him
  • Have you seen my bear Tibbers?

• 13,006 posts
  • Joined Mar 05, 2006
  • 2,199 rep
I might go against everything I said I didn't want to do and TA the course that has the lab.

I have to remember that they'd just be a bunch of first years in their first semester of uni and are probably terrified and won't even know whether I'm a good TA or not.

Also it seems like the course content is all experimental design and critical thinking, which might be a nice refresher for me considering that's what I've basically signed myself up to do for the next two years of my Master's.

And I think it would be a good experience for me to voluntarily choose the one I'm most afraid of and grow some balls.

.Holly

.Holly
  • Dominated Love Slave

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Joined Apr 01, 2009
  • 1,027 rep

My boyfriend is finally handing in his PhD tomorrow! I've just finished my proofreading duties...snore!! Anyway, glad he's finally got there!

Also had a meeting with my supervisors this morning. They said that once I've finished my next batch of experiments I will have done most of the work I need for my PhD. Yay!! :D Then I just have to write the damn thing :dry:

I have to remember that they'd just be a bunch of first years in their first semester of uni and are probably terrified and won't even know whether I'm a good TA or not.

Yeah you can tell the first years anything and they'll believe it. I tested mine by telling them something that was obviously complete bullshit right after they'd joked about I could tell them anything and they frantically started taking notes :lol:

Nemo.

Nemo.
  • All but conform, still wandering on

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,077 posts
  • Joined Jul 08, 2011
  • 1,838 rep

I passed statitstics! It was very close but I passed! I'm so happy!!!! :runaround:

• Cruise, Maria Gloria and Wells like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users